It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bus sized" catfish???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is the story i read on an other site. This is the diver speaking: Me and Terry were on our way down to the Lake (lake pleasant) to do an investigation on a body dumping over the side of a boat. So we dove down about 310 Feet and i see a HUGE figure swimming by me. I must of made a sudden movement because i spooked it and it took off. But before it could go its 6 Foot tall back fin fluttered fast and literally sent terry jetting backwards. We swam up and reported what we saw to the game and fish.

For the FULL story go to www.crazyhappinings.com/pleasantfish

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Babe Winkleman better have a STRONG test-line for that one... wonder what kind of bait he should use?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Page not found. Can you provide a link?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The largest catfish ever caught on a rod (not a Wells) was taken from the Banude and took 5 hours to land. It weighed in at 202lb.

The largest ever caught (not with a rod) was a staggering 660lbs with a body length of 16ft (in Russia of course, the home of the best cats in the world).

**this is not the actual catfish from above. but this is a big sucker!!**

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i had no idea they got that big

/stomach growls

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Man, I would not feel safe swimming in that lake!!

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i dont like to swim in any water other than a pool!

not just worried about jumbo fish but toxins

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Jesus Christ!!! Is that a catfish or a freakin Shark?!?!?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I believe this because...

I use to help my grandpa around his fishing resort when I was a kid. Yes... All fishermen make up bogus tales and exagerate things... But there were a few incidents where catfish over 6 feet long were brought in, and I saw photos from the past of much bigger ones. A popular tale at the time was of one boat that was badley damaged in a tussle with a catfish near the Hydro Dam.

Now, that last tale may be a rural urban legend... But I have certainly seen Catfish over 6 feet in length with my own eyes.

Also, have you guys ever heard of 'sooning'? In Oklahoma guys catch catfish by shoving their arms under outcroppings in lakes/rivers... thereby making themselves the bait. Quite a few guys have lost hands upon encountering super catfish.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Why am I suddenly reminded of that Simpson's episode with General Sherman the giant catfish??????

Do they actually make good eating? They look bloody awful.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
A very fishy fish...have to be cooked right....

Man, that's a BIG catfish!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I knew catfish got big but thats a monster!

I don't like catfish much. As Gazrok said. it is a fishy fish.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I love beer battered catfish and crawdads!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Beer battered Catfish with some rings to go with it. A little bit of tartar on the side...Damn fine eating.
*smacks lips* Yessir...good eatin. Oh, and a nice pile of peas on the side, if not peas then rice. Oh yeah. Now I'm hungry. Peace.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer
Why am I suddenly reminded of that Simpson's episode with General Sherman the giant catfish??????

Do they actually make good eating? They look bloody awful.

Are cats good? Well, heck yes, if you fillet them and deep fry them, they are most excellent - if they around a foot in length, not 6 to eight feet! Heck, who'd want to eat one that big and old? Better yet, who'd want to skin the thing?

They catch them at a lake that's on the AL-GA border close to here, but that's just to do it, not to eat.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The story sounds a bit "fishy" to me, as those huge cats aren't very active, mainly stay in one place and grab what comes near them. Swimming near divers and darting off just isn't how they are.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Now that's a fish. I love to eat catfish breaded in cornmeal...Yummm
Most of what I see on the plate is less than 2 lbs. You would have to roast that big one in a pit like a wild pig.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

I have certainly seen Catfish over 6 feet in length with my own eyes.

Also, have you guys ever heard of 'sooning'? In Oklahoma guys catch catfish by shoving their arms under outcroppings in lakes/rivers... thereby making themselves the bait. Quite a few guys have lost hands upon encountering super catfish.

I think the term is actually Noodling and it is true...They pull up catfish as big as teen-agers on a regular basis. The Mouth closes around the forearm. They actually reach inside the mouth and grab it from the inside and out... and haul em up, bear hug style... Crazy if you ask me personally...and they taste muchhh better when they are young and tender ...my precious...yessss

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thanks Lazarus that is the term I have been racking my brain to remember.

When I was in Boy Scouts in Salina Kansas we used to qualify for our mile swim award by swimming across Kanopolis reservoir. The night before we stayed up and told big catfish stories around the campfire until late. The next day we all swam across that reservoir at a good clip trying to get across before we got nabbed by one of them giant cats.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
holy CRAP

i got a 3 foot one when i was around 10 at clearlake i thoughet that was big

that 600lb one sounds like a monster out of starwars

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join