It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If its a conspiracy, why was it badly executed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm a bit of a fence sitter and see arguments from both sides, I have loose change 1+2 sat here ready to watch and the Rick Siegel video has just finished downloading.

But, lets assume for a second it was a conspiracy and most of the arguments for are proved, why then if the US government is as big and powerful as everyone keeps bleeting on about, did they not do a better job of it?

Surely if they'd of wanted to keep this quiet and make it look like a terrorist attack we wouldnt even be here discussing it? it would of been executed without fault and we'd all believe it, there would be no question it was a terror attack.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If it was exactly just a terror attack, why all the secrecy? Why hide things if there is nothing to hide? Why hide the construction documents to the trade center buildings when they don't exist anymore and never will again?

As far as it being a sloppy job, I really don't think it was as sloppy as people think. And who would believe that it was just terrorists if it didn't seam so sloppy? Why don't they just answer some of the questions and stop this whole conspiracy thing in it's tracks?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It was a massive operation, and all humans are prone to error. The fact that we're still only discussing this here 4 years afterwards suggests that it was exceptionally well executed, it took years for skeptics to pinpoint several inconsistencies in the first place. I find myself in awe at times, awe for the feat, not its perverse motives, of course.

The thing is that not even the best of psy-ops can temporarily alter the fabric of the universe, i.e. physics, and that makes the story quite vulnerable on those grounds. The problem is that most folks are too ignorant of physics to be susceptible for this line of argumentation and instead readily believe any twisted theory as long as it's boasting some academic insignia as well as government approval. Conveniently for the perpetrators, people would rather not think. An informed, educated populace is about the only thing they need to fear.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Lumos]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Like Roswell, the authorities attempt to cover up a serious cock-up/mistake and in the process create an even bigger conspiracy theory.... Which then proves useful in itself.

In this case, they were guilty either of complicity - they knew an attack was likely and chose to allow it to go ahead and reap the expect dividend of public support - or else their security failed totally and they should have been aware of the plot, but weren't and thus needed to cover up their gross incompetance.

Unfortunately, the more outlandish conspaircy theories draw attention away from the more likely events. So the authorities let these theories prosper - maybe even conduct a little disinformation campaign to give them a boost now and then - and thus avoid embarrassment/impeachment/incompetence charges etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i would agrue it wasn't badly executed... the trade centers are gone, the pentagon was struck, the patriot act was passed, they got their war on terror and the ensuing wars in iraq and afghanistan (maybe now even Iran), and most everybody went along with it including myself up until a few months ago.... i'd say that is pretty successful.... maybe their arrogance got in the way thinking that nobody would question the official story and if they did, they would be stone walled by our own gov't and let's not forget, that this is a minority right now asking these questions.... so thus far everything is still all good with them ....and i don't believe that it was the whole of our gov't... with the technology of today, a handful of people in the right places could have pulled it off...

[edit on 9-1-2006 by derdy]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't think it was so badly executed, either. Look at how many people there are - even on ATS, a conspiracy website - who will openly mock the idea of government complicity. But this relates more to the general layerings of psychological conditioning "they" have on us.

There are ways in which we expect our government to operate, and ways that we don't (as taught in schools, anyway). Major conspiracies, or their means, motives, etc., aren't something that we're really taught in schools, and neither is it ever introduced or reinforced by any major institutions later in life that they exist and occur regularly. It's a personal responsbility that a lot of people don't bother with, and a lot of others take it for granted that major conspiracies don't even exist. I'm sure many leaders must love those latter types.

Having said that, 9/11 was a pretty ambitious concept in the first place. Demolishing two buildings and blaming it on aircraft damage? When you come up with something like that, you know there are going to be some people who notice something is up with the way those two tower fall. But then, there are always people who notice these sorts of things. You just pray it's nothing major (or don't even really care, depending on who you are). It's like Bush himself said: you can't always fool everyone.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Thanks for your ideas

I think I could of chose a better term than "execute" obviously it all went more or less to plan as stated above, what I meant was if they'd of planned it a bit better surely they wouldnt of left holes in the story for people to question it?

Although I suppose you cannot predict how a building that size will fall after a strike from a passenger plane AND demolition charges, that top half that tilted right over and then fell straight down when it had the bottom pulled from under it is proof of that.

Forgive my ignorance of US politics but why as this not been questioned more by anyone?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Ernold Same: why has this not been questioned more by anyone?

wikipedia: "denial"

wikipedia: "trauma"

wikipedia: "suggestibility"

Guess that covers the basics.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by Lumos]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
9/11 was still somewhat a success in their eyes. There are literally millions of people out there who still take CNN and Foxnews as the Lords truth.

Just as long as they have somekind of following that bangs the war drum and does the Neo-Cons bidding then they seem to be content.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Again I appologise for my lack of knowledge on US politics, what links has the US with Israel, I keep reading stuff that indicates they are in each others pockets.

Sorry if thats a dumb question, I'm from an engineering background which is what caught my intrest in the event in the first place, politics didnt

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve. The private banks go all the way back to Israel under the Rothchilds.

Follow the Pyramid on the One Dollar bill. They have a life size version of it in the Israeli Supreme Court. This has been mentioned on the secret societies forum. It should be in the second page.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinsanity
The Federal Reserve. The private banks go all the way back to Israel under the Rothchilds.

Follow the Pyramid on the One Dollar bill. They have a life size version of it in the Israeli Supreme Court. This has been mentioned on the secret societies forum. It should be in the second page.

I don't know. Have you seen a documentary called "Master of the Universe: The Secret Birth of the Federal Reserve"? Eustice Mullins asserts that "The Fed" is actually owned by five charter banks of the Bank of England.

Might I also remind you that there's also fasces and maces on the rostrum in the House of Representatives?

These symbols can be found in numerous places. Jinsanity, I sincerely hope you're not implying it's a Jewish conspiracy. Of course, the Rothschilds are a Jewish family, but, from what I've heard and read, only a small portion of the elites (i.e., the Bilderbergers) are Jewish.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerMac
These symbols can be found in numerous places. Jinsanity, I sincerely hope you're not implying it's a Jewish conspiracy. Of course, the Rothschilds are a Jewish family, but, from what I've heard and read, only a small portion of the elites (i.e., the Bilderbergers) are Jewish.

Yes, all this Jewish paranoia makes me fell just as sick as the islamofobism and racism in general. Shure, jews got a lot of power considering there are quite few of them, thats a fact but
if you are white , male and middleage you are on the top of the foodchain.
Dont forget that people.

I´m waiting for the day we all are equal.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The powers that be rely on our years of conditioning to not question authority.

It seems to work on the majority of the population. The ruling elites are not going to worry about a few 'conspiricy theorists" blowing their story.
I mean their story HAS been blown IMO, but does it make a difference to the big picture?

So no they wouldn't worry too much about getting their plan 100% foolproof, they don't need to.

And you know what? They prob have fun watching us pick apart their methods, and in their aragance know they have nothing to fear from us.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaftDebunk
Yes, all this Jewish paranoia makes me fell just as sick as the islamofobism and racism in general. Shure, jews got a lot of power considering there are quite few of them, thats a fact but
if you are white , male and middleage you are on the top of the foodchain.
Dont forget that people.

Don't forget Christian. I am all four.

Originally posted by DaftDebunkI´m waiting for the day we all are equal.

That's unrealistic. We're all different. Different races, different sexes, different religious beliefs, and so forth. "Equality" is a phony paradigm.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
"A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective." - Sun-tzu "The Art of War"

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
To get back on the topic: the government officials responsible couldn't account for every little thing. It had to be a public event to, in the words of the Northwoods document, "cause a helpful wave of indignation." Hence the propaganda and disinformation campaign about not tolerating "outrageous conspiracy theories" about "dark cults of evil." A lot of people bought it, I'm sure, but a lot of people didn't. Some are afraid to speak out out of fear of being castigated as kooks or nuts.

Slowly but surely, the 9/11 house of cards is crumbling.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerMac

Slowly but surely, the 9/11 house of cards is crumbling.

I really hope thats true as GW is certainly on a world wide war path now because of these events and I would like nothing more to see him fall from grace on the back of some serious investigation, unfortunately I dont think there is an un-corrupted department left to take on such an investigation, maybe it will only happen in years to come.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
They don't need to be perfect.
That's what the ensuing propaganda is for. To sop up the mess afterwards. Then when some people start seeing it, you inject silly and absurd conspiracy theory into the mix and it poisons the well. Alot of people just laugh at all this.
It's been the same M/O for centuries (although they've gotten better at it in the last)

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What do you mean, badly executed? It was executed just fine. The terror attacks happened, the public went into a frenzy and gave their blessings to go bomb afghanistan and even start a war in Iraq. The objective was reached, the mission succeeded, mission complete.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join