It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu is a Hoax

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm glad someone bumped this thread. I posted on this earlier and my conviction on this matter has grown stronger. Through my investigations of Bird Flu (based on living here in Vietnam during the 'epidemic'), I have come to realize that the very sameplayers involved in the 'HIV' industry are the same players who were/are involved in the 'Bird Flu epidemic'. But wait, there's more, the same players were involved in the 'cancer epidemic'. Are you following me here?

Classic examples of problem, reaction solution. Now, I'm no fan of David Icke but he does work on the 80:20 ratio. That bit, he got it right.

FEAR! not. I can say that I still ate Chicken during the 'epidemic' in Vietnam, and there is nothing wrong with me!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
well you certainly don't hear too much about birdflu these days, I'll say that.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

I think that you are correct, you quoted it saying " AH5N1 avian virus does not currently have the capacity to cause a human pandemic". Which is correct it does not have enough steam behind it to cause a Pandemic, but it does have enough power to start infecting the odd person here and there. The fact is that H5N1 is a massive problem that needs to be addressed, it might not be a super-massive problem right now, but it will be sooner-or-later.

Fox

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This may be redundant but I want to make readers aware of a Youtube presentation called 'Bird Flu Hoax' by a Dr. Alma True Ott. thanx

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I thought I would help out. Here's what the BJM says.

BMJ, doi:10.1136/bmj.38649.389005.DE (published 24 October 2005)

The lack of sustained human-to-human transmission suggests that this AH5N1 avian virus does not currently have the capacity to cause a human pandemic. But, given the known potential for antigenic shift—either from a gradual process of adaptive genetic mutation within the virus or by a snap gene reassortment with a human influenza A virus6—the virus could acquire the mechanism for rapid human transmission and cause explosive global spread, facilitated by current air travel. Pigs and humans seem to be the “mixing vessels” for genetic exchange when coinfected by both animal and human flu viruses. Close domestic proximity of fowl, pigs, and people facilitates this, a situation common in Asia.

Someone from infectious diseases control came and talked to some people at my last course about bird flu. That was almost exactly what I was told and with the research being done on virus mutations I don't doubt that it's a threat, even if not right at this moment.
I'm not going to sit here and deny the possibility of an outbreak when I know it could happen one day but I'm not going to fear it either so if this whole AH5N1 thing is a hoax to try and provoke fear, they failed.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Symptoms in Birds:

Avian influenza is an infectious disease of birds caused by type A strains of the influenza virus. The disease occurs worldwide. While all birds are thought to be susceptible to infection with avian influenza viruses, many wild bird species carry these viruses with no apparent signs of harm.

Other bird species, including domestic poultry, develop disease when infected with avian influenza viruses. In poultry, the viruses cause two distinctly different forms of disease – one common and mild, the other rare and highly lethal. In the mild form, signs of illness may be expressed only as ruffled feathers, reduced egg production, or mild effects on the respiratory system. Outbreaks can be so mild they escape detection unless regular testing for viruses is in place.

In contrast, the second and far less common highly pathogenic form is difficult to miss. First identified in Italy in 1878, highly pathogenic avian influenza is characterized by sudden onset of severe disease, rapid contagion, and a mortality rate that can approach 100% within 48 hours. In this form of the disease, the virus not only affects the respiratory tract, as in the mild form, but also invades multiple organs and tissues. The resulting massive internal haemorrhaging has earned it the lay name of “chicken Ebola”.

So in other words HSN1 has the same effect and symptoms in poultry as worms and Coccidiosis which has always existed? No new real effects shown in birds as cocci can drop birds dead within 24-48 hours.

Effects in humans:
* Fever
* Sore throat
* Muscle aches
* Headache
* Lethargy
* Conjunctivitis (eye infections)
* Breathing problems
* Chest pains

The same symptoms people get from the "common flu" every year?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join