It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quote worth reading

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
BH. My experiance seems to be quite the opposite of yours. Whilst some of the protestors do indeed vote, an even larger amount of them will, at least the ones that I have talked to in the past, freely admit that they do not vote, or volunteer. I would ask you, with all do respect, why should I pay any heed whatsoever to a bunch of loudmouthed people (all sides of the political spectrum here not just left or right) who can not be bothered to cast a ballot to support whatever cause or problem it is they are screaming about? Again with all do respect.
I suppose I should tell where it was I spoke to some, not all, merely some of these folks that I admittedly have very little time for. It was during the Seattle riots during the,(was it the G8, or worldbank meetings, can not remember which, a few years back. Most, that I had the opportunity to speak to for any length of time admitted to me they did not. Now in their defence, I was too busy dodging teargas, and cops with big sticks, and wannabe anarchists to take to take anything even resembling a scientific poll.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by seagull]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
BH. ... I would ask you, with all do respect, why should I pay any heed whatsoever to a bunch of loudmouthed people (all sides of the political spectrum here not just left or right) who can not be bothered to cast a ballot to support whatever cause or problem it is they are screaming about?

You shouldn't. I agree with you, if you don't vote, shut up.

Most, that I had the opportunity to speak to for any length of time admitted to me they did not.

Thanks for the explanation. We just have different experiences.

I am ashamed of the number of people who don't vote in this country. I have heard that a populace deserves the leaders they get. I'm afraid that I might be coming to (reluctantly) agree with that statement.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Unfortunatly, I fear you are correct in that last sentiment. A country does indeed deserve the leaders it votes into office. When a mere fifty to fifty-five percent of the registered voters can even be bothered to show up on election day, I fear for our nation greatly. The worlds oldest continuous republic would seem to be in mortal peril from both within and without. Apathy, and terrorism, what a lovely combination.

<< 1   >>

join