It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quote worth reading

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
"Why of course the people don't want war ... But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same with any country." — Hermann Goering, top Nazi leader, at the Nuremberg Trials after World War II

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Very true. The real challenge is waking people up to this.

Good post.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Good quote, but what exactly are your sentiments regarding the quote you posted?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
My sentiment? Wake people up to this fact, and fight against them! Id hate to see another terrorist attack be used to sell us more and more tyranny.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yes, a great quote indeed.

Originally posted by Bikereddie
what exactly are your sentiments regarding the quote you posted?

I won't speak for the OP, but when I've quoted this before it was to indicate that it is my opinion that the leader of this country (the USA) determines the policy, and it has been a simple matter to drag the people along. The people have been brought to the bidding of the leader. We have been told that we are being attacked, and pacifists (and anti-Iraq War folk such as myself) have been denounced for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Nobody wants any War, period..........
I was only asking what the OP sentiments were regarding their post. Logical question in my book.

The fact that we decide via voting who we want to run our relevant countries, ultimately decide our future in things that occur World wide. The fact that we and you voted Bush and Blair into power, lets them decide what we do as a country.
If this means we go to War, then we have to live with it, because we can do nothing about it.

They are our leaders, who we elected. Their final word is just that...FINAL

Maybe we should rethink our strategies when we vote again?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I was only asking what the OP sentiments were regarding their post. Logical question in my book.

The fact that we decide via voting who we want to run our relevant countries, ultimately decide our future in things that occur World wide.

This is true, but why should the fact they we voted are respective leaders in make a difference world wide, who gives us the right to effect others around the world. I for shure dont want them to.

The fact that we and you voted Bush and Blair into power, lets them decide what we do as a country.

I'm not shure were your from, but in the UK when things of a real importance happen , we can call for a balled to be cast to let the leader know what we want. Or that is the way it is supposed to work.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I don't know how you can believe that, but I'll just accept that you do. I disagree, though. I think this administration wanted war in the worst way and set about to guarantee it.

Very logical, I agree.

The fact that we and you voted Bush and Blair into power, lets them decide what we do as a country.

I don't know if you've heard, but there's an extremely good chance that our voting was rigged and the 2004 election (and perhaps the 2000 one as well) were frauds. Fixed. Cheated. Stolen.

No one can blame me for Bush sitting in the White House.

Maybe we should rethink our strategies when we vote again?

Not me. I'll use the same strategy: Vote for the one who isn't a cheating, lying, criminal.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Now BH

Not me. I'll use the same strategy: Vote for the one who isn't a cheating, lying, criminal.

I have a question for you. When was the last time that the US had anyone that ran for any political seat that could fit your criteria?

Sorry, I am a skeptic when it comes to those in political power and I am an advocate of the power corrupts - ultimate power corrupts ultimately
In my mind there has been not one political canidates that was not lying cheating stealing, commited a crime in some way.
Heck we even elected a gentleman who tried MJ once ..... but did not inhale

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I won't speak for the OP, but when I've quoted this before it was to indicate that it is my opinion that the leader of this country (the USA) determines the policy, and it has been a simple matter to drag the people along. The people have been brought to the bidding of the leader. We have been told that we are being attacked, and pacifists (and anti-Iraq War folk such as myself) have been denounced for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.

The difference being we were attacked, we were not simply told we are being attacked.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being Anti-War infact everyone should be, The problem with some people who take this stance is, they are so blinded by there hate of the current administration, and war, That nothing else maters to them, They have a childs mentality, (if i dont get my way noone will), It doesnt matter who dies, or who wins, so long as the current administration is proven wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yea, what about those rigged elections? Not just in America either. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis went into the streets protesting the mass-voter fraud, and rigged Iraq election. The mainstream media talked about it for a few minutes, then shut up about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetKnowledgeDrop
Yea, what about those rigged elections? Not just in America either. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis went into the streets protesting the mass-voter fraud, and rigged Iraq election. The mainstream media talked about it for a few minutes, then shut up about it.

Proof?

People protesting in the streets is hardly proof of anything, It only proves one thing, That Iraq like the United States has sore losers, Elections are like gambling, You go into it knowing there is a chance you might lose.

Dont cry when ya do.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

This historical quote is very unique in the context of the post 911 world and warrents discussion.

However, please keep to the topic and lets not get into a political snipe fest that would otherwise detract from the potency of the intial quote

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
''People protesting in the streets is hardly proof of anything, It only proves one thing, That Iraq like the United States has sore losers, Elections are like gambling, You go into it knowing there is a chance you might lose. Dont cry when ya do'' - C0le

What an ignorant statement. Isnt the government supposed to be working for us? And hundreds of thousands of people protesting should be a big deal.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Now BH

Heck we even elected a gentleman who tried MJ once ..... but did not inhale

Heck Now kenshiro the US now has a president who took COCAINE and was a Alchoholic.

That being that
this well known quote seems particularly relavant in todays world. From all from the Islamic Fundementalists on one side and the equally crazy Neo Cons on the other, and all that is inbetween, why just why are you sooo sure of what you believe.

Regards

Elf

[edit on 6-1-2006 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetKnowledgeDrop

What an ignorant statement. Isnt the government supposed to be working for us? And hundreds of thousands of people protesting should be a big deal.

The government is working for the majority of the country, Thousands of people crying in the streets because they lost, is inconsequential in comparison to the majority who voted for and support the current administration.

Admin edit to fix misquoting.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

The government is working for the majority of the country, Thousands of people crying in the streets because they lost, is inconsequential in comparison to the majority who voted for and support the current administration.

Im sorry but i thought that the elections were rigged. If not then the American Population as a whole arn't as smart as they make out.

There is this saying that goes:
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
MischeviousElf,
Name me one political candidate in the last 50 years that has not been brought by big buisness, commited a crime that would put a regular citizen in jail. Does not squander taxpayer money into pet projects, take kickbacks etc.
If you do find one he / she will be a memeber of a very rare if not extinct species of politicans

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
LKD. I agree with your quote. Having said that I have a question for you.
Of those hundreds of thousands of protestors, how many actually bothered to vote? Its very easy to say that they had no voice, but if they don't bother to try, I am not obligated to even bother to try to listen. If they voted, great, more power to them, them I will give heed to. All to often, however, the ones screaming loudest, are the ones with the least reason to.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
All to often, however, the ones screaming loudest, are the ones with the least reason to.

Do you have information or experience to back up this statement?

Because in my experience (and I DO have experience with family and friends), politically active people DO vote and they are the ones protesting. People are either politically active, in voting and protesting, or they're apathetic and do neither.

Not to say that all voters protest, but the vast majority of protesters vote. In my experience.

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Now BH

I have a question for you. When was the last time that the US had anyone that ran for any political seat that could fit your criteria?

Kenshiro, you are absolutely right! My mistake. Let's just say that I will continue to vote for the person I think would do the best job. And yes, if they make it that far, they're most probably less than squeaky clean.

But George takes the cake! Not since Nixon have I seen such corruption in the White House.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join