It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe in aliens, does that mean you believe in God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have always been curious about what it is like for others to experience something first hand that the rest of the world does not generally accept as possible. I don't doubt that anything people have experienced is possible. If a person believes there are UFO's and aliens, then to that individual they DO exist.
Very much like the belief in a supreme entity, a 'God', or intelligent design.
I attended 8 yrs of Catholic school as a child and one of the biggest problems I have with the immaculate conception of Jesus Christ (PBUH), is that He is also considered to be our Saviour by billions of people throughout the world. They believe He was sent here by 'God' to die for our sins.
From what I understand about His life and death, it does not imply in any way that He beleived He was only half-human, or that His creator was 'not of this world'.
But, when it comes down to it, if you believe that He was brought to life on this Earth from an unfertilized egg in His mother's womb...
then don't you automatically believe in 'Aliens'?

And if you doubt He was born through immaculate conception, does that mean you do not believe He walked the Earth?

If the story of Jesus (PHUB) was originally about a man who believed in something greater, a man who believed that He was surrounded by a supreme life-form, then the whole entire story would be so simple if He was talking about His 'MOTHER', instead of His Father.
But obviously over the years man would have had to change that aspect of the story since men in general would never allow their children to be taught that they should bow down to a woman.
I am fortunate enough to experience the Great Spirit of this Earth everyday of my life, I am not confused when it comes to who I am or where I come from, I am at one with my creator. But SHE is not in any of the religious teachings that children throughout the world are exposed to as a chile. It is always about worshipping 'HE', as if what we have here is not good enough.

And yeah, I would love to ride shotgun if a UFO floated down here and offered us a ride.
Weeeeeeeee!

Thanks,
A supernatural bi-curious.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yes I am a christian (Small c)
Yes I beleive that there is intelligent life out there.
Both though are my personal beleifs

Both are based on faith

[edit on 6-1-2006 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I don't really understand the link between the two, but my opinion is that no, just because one believes in aliens does not even imply that they also believe in God.

I believe in life after death, but have no belief in God. Many think those 2 go together as well. But not in this head.

kenshiro, I'm curious, what does christian with a small c signify for you?

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Can I just point out that that the Immaculate Conception refers to Mary being preserved by God from the stain of original sin at the time of her own conception and not the Virgin birth as is frequently stated here on ats.

It’s important to understand what the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception is and what it is not. Some people think the term refers to Christ’s conception in Mary’s womb without the intervention of a human father; but that is the Virgin Birth. Others think the Immaculate Conception means Mary was conceived "by the power of the Holy Spirit," in the way Jesus was, but that, too, is incorrect. The Immaculate Conception means that Mary, whose conception was brought about the normal way, was conceived without original sin or its stain—that’s what "immaculate" means: without stain. The essence of original sin consists in the deprivation of sanctifying grace, and its stain is a corrupt nature. Mary was preserved from these defects by God’s grace; from the first instant of her existence she was in the state of sanctifying grace and was free from the corrupt nature original sin brings.

www.catholic.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I beleive in the Bible and it's teachings. I do not subscribe to any organized religion though. That is the difference. I have found various shortcommings of every organized chritian religion that I found to be against biblical texts
But that is my personal belief and I support any who are members of the organized religions as well as those who do not have the faith.
I know, a bit confusing.
As for the topic, my outlook on it is that as a christian, I beleive that yes god created man in his own image. This does not neccessarily mean the physical image but rather the spiritual image (soul). There is nothing in the bible that would predicate that alien life would not also have been given this gift from god.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Interesting. Thank you very much. Perfectly sensible answer.

Seems there should be a designation for people who follow the bible yet aren't affiliated with any organized religion, doesn't it? Biblion? Bibler?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The only thing that connects god and UFO's is personal belief.

I personally believe that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.

But I do not believe in god, nor follow a religion.

Luckily, we're all individuals and I accept people who believe or don't believe in either or both.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I do believe in God.
I see zero with associating aliens and God or Jesus. Except desperation.

---

I do not believe in Santa Claus
I do not believe in the Easter Bunny
I do not believe in the Tooth Fairy

And I really doubt Aliens exist.

I would have more luck proving Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny exist than I would proving Aliens or the Tooth Fairy exist. OK Tooth Faires have a better chance

[edit on 6-1-2006 by nullster]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I don't believe in God, the bible or anything like an afterlife etc., (no offence to people who do believe -- that's my view)

However, when you say believe in aliens, then I do. Statistically I think it is arrogant to think we are the only ones in the vast universe.

I don't believe that we are being visited though. Prove it and I will.

BTW I am an Engineer and have a hard time believing anything that is irrational.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I believe that the gods and aliens are one and the same (don't come with stargate because I had this believe years before I did see that.)

believing gods are aliens is easier to accept than they are all seeing spirits which kill you if you say there is no god ( church claimed which would happen if you say there is no god not my words.)

bible is ultimate proof of aliens and ufo's but we are teach wrong so we are ignorant about it and denie it because the priest and church say so.
they don't want us to know and they don't want to know there self because they will loose there positions and control over the masses. and they aer afraid what might happen if people learn that everything said to them was a lie and that god(s) are not gods but aliens.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
No, I still don't believe in God or anything like that. Never have. I'm more inclined to think we descended from ET and perhaps even created by them. And who created them? Other aliens. And who created them? Other aliens. Like Russian dolls. Ad infinitum. I guess that's similar to how the Raelians see things.

I noticed a thread on here the other day, someone asking "how come whenever there is an alien pic on here, they always look humanoid - I don't think there would be much chance of them looking like that" - well the chance of an alien looking similar to us would be quite high if we were related somehow. That's how I see it - pure and simple. Notice also on the Disclosure Project's NPCC film, Clifford Stone said that of all the crash retrievals, there were something like 57 types and many of the ET recovered were humanoid.

Or maybe if there was a God, it's creating beings in his own image - and that image is humanoid? ET features are universal proof of that. I don't know..just a theory. Anyway, there's so much evidence of coverups and alien contact, it's no longer a matter of "belief" or "faith", it's actual fact.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
I do believe in God.

---

I would have more luck proving Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny exist than I would proving Aliens or the Tooth Fairy exist. OK Tooth Faires have a better chance

Nullster, the ultimate skeptic believing in God? Where is your evidence? the proof? You believe in God but no intelligent life in the universe? Strange.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I do not believe that God and aliens are the same. I believe the aliens although similar akin to bi-ped. But in no way spiritual. I believe the aliens do not have the physical attributes to survive on this planet. I also believe that aliens do not want earthlings to have free will and think as a collective rather than having free will which was given to us by God which is represented by the apple tree in the Garden of Eden. LEGALCATALYST.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruise

I do believe in God.

---

Nullster, the ultimate skeptic believing in God? Where is your evidence? the proof? You believe in God but no intelligent life in the universe? Strange.

I agree its strange as god(s) have highly degree of potential being aliens them selfs so in a strange sort of way he might even believe in aliens only he doesn/t see it that way are acknowlegde it . I said it before but I see the bible ect as the utlimate proof of alien excistence .

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I belive in continued existance after the death of the physical body, and powerful beings, but I do not believe in a god(s)/goddess(es).

I do believe life exists elsewhere in the universe, and I do believe a few other species have the capabilities to come to Earth.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
At first I thought this was a stupid question because I assumed that if people considered the existence of supernatural creatures then they automatically considered the existence of a God.
btw, is it out of spite that some people do not drag their finger over to the shift button to make that extra effort to capitalize the G in God?
Even if you do not believe that such a 'creature' exist, it looks like the existence of God is impossible to deny.... even if only in Spirit.

Originally posted by iori_komei
I belive in continued existance after the death of the physical body, and powerful beings, but I do not believe in a god(s)/goddess(es).

I do believe life exists elsewhere in the universe, and I do believe a few other species have the capabilities to come to Earth.

How do you believe there is a portion of our soul that carries on into another realm of the universe if you do not believe in some sort of superior being? If you do not believe there is nothing greater than yourself, why would you believe there is something else for you after your body no longer exist in the 'physical' world as we see it?

I do believe in God.

I'm sure many people have tried to do this before, but it is still unclear how or what has caused us to continue living our lives like some 'thing' else is going to repair the damage we have caused to our future, while we continue to live under this slave mentality.
The main association I see with 'God' is that He supposedly has the ability to create and influence every aspect of our lives. Therefore He must be some type of supernatural entity, right ?

Originally posted by timb3r
The only thing that connects god and UFO's is personal belief.
I personally believe that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
But I do not believe in god, nor follow a religion.
Luckily, we're all individuals and I accept people who believe or don't believe in either or both.

Like I was saying earlier, if you do believe there is intelligent life elsewhere or not, it would probably be wise to consider your spite towards God and at least have enough respect for 'anything' greater that may exist, to refer to Him or IT as a proper person place or thing.

Originally posted by Yossarian
Can I just point out that that the Immaculate Conception refers to Mary being preserved by God from the stain of original sin at the time of her own conception and not the Virgin birth as is frequently stated here on ats.

This is just another one of the many contradictions in religion that have allowed man to create more than 4500 different methods of 'faith'.
In the Catholic church, they pray to the Virgin Mary.

I guess it's just hard for me to understand how a person can believe in some 'thing' greater, without considering that creature or entity as a GOD.

ya'll are awesome btw.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If aliens exist (it is my opinion they do, and have been visiting) this does not conflict whatsoever with my ideoligies and theologies about God. Perhaps in some instances it has been celestrial messengers that provided us with the wisdom of God. Why would we, or why should we judge their level of integrity? They may have the technical knowledge, and the time spent, lessons learned, collective tollerance to get here, and throughout 7,000+ years of recorded history we have failed to produce 7 consecutive days devoid of war, killing, and distruction. I personally would give them
for having achieved that feat alone, then again if your an over the top conspiracy buff, you may think it has been them that have contributed to our self destructive tendencies.

I can believe in God.
I can believe in aliens.
Even if aliens had a hand in our ideologies concerning God: I can still believe in both.

This does not conflict with me, personally.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I believe in both.....and I also believe that the God in the bible is also an alien or aliens. I also believe there is a real God that guides us all. It could be a "one consciousness," it coould be a being, I don't know what it is, but I do believe it exists. And, by the way, according to several government documents, aliens believe in God, too!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Fortunately for me I can see and keep my religious beliefs apart from any modern new age phenomenon. This forum is about Aliens and Ufos not religion. Not UFos, Aliens, and Religion. I can still make that distinction. Others are having an increasingly hard time doing so.

I'm also hardly the ultimate skeptic either. I'm more a moderate. I spend allot of my private time trying to make practical and rationalize the fragmented stories and loose parts in attempt to legitimize a subject that is collectively in a downward spiral.

I'll say this much, if my butts in a sling and near my end, the last thing I'll be thinking about will NOT be an alien.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by nullster]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I don't really understand the link between the two, but my opinion is that no, just because one believes in aliens does not even imply that they also believe in God.

I believe in life after death, but have no belief in God. Many think those 2 go together as well. But not in this head.

kenshiro, I'm curious, what does christian with a small c signify for you?

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

I too, believe in life after death, but I am not convinced there is a God. I go even further, as I believe in spirit guides, or guardian angels, soul family, or whatever name they are called, and I believe in miracles, the power of prayer, and that there is a reason for why things happen. Still, none of that necessitates the existance of a 'God'. If there is such an entity, I would imagine it as within all things, 'Spirit', a power that animates all things. My image is closest to the ones I have read in the traditional faiths, of tribal people, who see nature as holy. The reverence for all the web of life, with no particular prominence given to us, that is the way I would see 'Spirit' if I believed.
Aliens could be somehow involved, no doubt, likely as discreet observers, occasionally assisting us when it is really needed. In that case, the spirit guides might be one and the same.

<<   2 >>

join