It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe in aliens, does that mean you believe in God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I feel that the Bible is the true written word of God while at the same time believing that there are other life forms in the expanse of the Universe. Satan was and still is a very strong fallen angel, and I feel that there are many more; some dedicated to peace and the teachings of God, while there are others that are here to reek havic on the people of this world and to cause pain. I must also add that I feel that there are many more fallen angels out there along with the good ones. It does not alter my belief in God and his teachings.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submersible

Originally posted by timb3r
The only thing that connects god and UFO's is personal belief.
I personally believe that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
But I do not believe in god, nor follow a religion.
Luckily, we're all individuals and I accept people who believe or don't believe in either or both.

Like I was saying earlier, if you do believe there is intelligent life elsewhere or not, it would probably be wise to consider your spite towards God and at least have enough respect for 'anything' greater that may exist, to refer to Him or IT as a proper person place or thing.

I may have read this wrong, but please point out where I refer to "God" as IT or him ?

Do not try to preach to me, as you move outside of what I consider "cool". I'm incredibly tolerant of other people's beliefs but the moment I get preached at, it fades quickly.

I accept you and your choice, it would be gracious to accept mine.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I belive in Aliens.
but i dont Belive in god.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The only thing that connects god and UFO's is personal belief.
I personally believe that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
But I do not believe in god, nor follow a religion.
Luckily, we're all individuals and I accept people who believe or don't believe in either or both.

Like I was saying earlier, if you do believe there is intelligent life elsewhere or not, it would probably be wise to consider your spite towards God and at least have enough respect for 'anything' greater that may exist, to refer to Him or IT as a proper person place or thing.

I may have read this wrong, but please point out where I refer to "God" as IT or him ?

Do not try to preach to me, as you move outside of what I consider "cool". I'm incredibly tolerant of other people's beliefs but the moment I get preached at, it fades quickly.

I accept you and your choice, it would be gracious to accept mine.

I used to be that spitefull too, that's all.

I can promise you one thing, that feeling does not remove your belief or dislike towards the Spirit or potential physical existence of a God..
it just eats at your soul.

My approach to expressing that may have been a little 'bossy', but it was not meant to take away from your choice to be spitefull towards God, or anything else you chose to do.
I just know it's done out of spite.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have always found it fascinating to contemplate the potential spiritual understandings of a superior form of life...

In other words, if advanced extraterrestrials practiced a "religion", what would it be like?

Consider:

What if Human Beings were to learn...

That this "thing" we call our Universe is God?

That everything we see, everything we are, and everything around us, are all living, symbiotic, parts of a conscious energy-being: the Cosmos Itself?

That as our own bodies produce new cells to serve us, the Living Cosmos produces Bacteria, Birds, Bees, Humans, and EBEs, et. al., in Its own image, to serve IT?

That by serving God, we are--by definition--serving ourselves?

That Life itself is the purpose of existence?

And that everthing that is, and ever has been, is really one great, unending, consciousness that we are all meant to enhance in our own unique, but fleeting ways?

...That everything that ever was, is simply: "A Mind that Would be God"?

Some paradigm shift, here...

But some fascinating possibilities, too.

A unified theory of Everything...

Is the Universe alive? Look in your mirror and prove it.

My thoughts.

Serpentime

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Serpentime]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serpentime
Consider:

What if Human Beings were to learn...

That this "thing" we call our Universe is God?

That everything we see, everything we are, and everything around us, are all living, symbiotic, parts of a conscious energy-being: the Cosmos Itself?

That as our own bodies produce new cells to serve us, the Living Cosmos produces Bacteria, Birds, Bees, Humans, and EBEs, et. al., in Its own image, to serve IT?

That by serving God, we are--by definition--serving ourselves?

That Life itself is the purpose of existence?

And that everthing that is, and ever has been, is really one great, unending, consciousness that we are all meant to enhance in our own unique, but fleeting ways?

...That everything that ever was, is simply: "A Mind that Would be God"?

Serpentime

That is exactly what I have realized to be true in my mind, the only problem is... we are destroying our true God because somewhere along the line man became bored with what God has to offer, and since they could feel the Spirit of the Earth that surrounds them and the Spirit of those who came before them, they somehow got that confused with the belief that some THING else greater than their own Spirit.
Therefore giving them the right to not only watch others, but participate in their own destruction... because some THING else is going to save them from their mistakes.

I think we should just Stop, and wait for the smoke to clear to properly evaluate the mess we have made, and give everyone a chance to see who and where they are, how they are providing for their families (with money), and do they believe they would pass God's judgement if they were to be removed from the 'system' they have all placed so much faith in,,
or if the system was to be removed from them.
It's not that many people would disagree that it would be wise to STOP and re-evaluate our situation, especially our concerns about the environment and how much longer we will be able to live here, realistically.
When we destroy our ability to breath this air and drink this water, we will also be taking the rest of Nature with us.
The hard part is not convincing others that we need to STOP, but that somebody has thought of a way to 'catch' them when they fall.

Thankyouverymuch for posting that, it is probably the best explanation of what I believe as 'reality' that I have ever read.
Thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Thankyouverymuch for posting that, it is probably the best explanation of what I believe as 'reality' that I have ever read.
Thank you.

You're very welcome.

I'm touched.

...What you are saying, I believe, is that humanity has become separated from God... That the state of meaning, purpose, and grace that we so long for has become lost.

It is a cruel joke that we play on our own lives;

Little do we accept that separation from God is synonymous with separation from ourselves...

As Yeshua the Christ reminded us, "If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand."

And as John Paul II added, "Separation from God is Hell."

As for the "Cure"(?):

The hard part is not convincing others that we need to STOP, but that somebody has thought of a way to 'catch' them when they fall.

Well, just look above. (To my original post.)

...A new world by a new idiom.

Very powerful medicine.

For me, it all begins right there.

Best wishes,

Serpentime

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Serpentime]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I was watching a program about how little freedom women have in the middle east and then it hit me. The whole immaculate conception thing was made up by Mary? or who ever supposedly gave birth to jesus. Think about it, now adays women get stoned to death just because they dont cover their face in public now how much worst do you think it was back in those days? She was either a party girl or a prostitue that got knocked up and when she did she is like oh shiat!!! So to avoid death she just said "like I woke up in the morning and I was pregnant, dunno how it happened!! I swear!!!"

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

How do you believe there is a portion of our soul that carries on into another realm of the universe if you do not believe in some sort of superior being? If you do not believe there is nothing greater than yourself, why would you believe there is something else for you after your body no longer exist in the 'physical' world as we see it?

Well, I don't believe in the soul in the general sense, I consider the soul to be a natural part of the body, it's Bio-Neural Energy Matrix.

I don't think a portion of it caries on, I believe that it continues to exist, with the mind, just minus the physical body.

I don't consider there to be something else after the death of the physical body, just a continuation in the fullest extent of the universe.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
So to avoid death she just said "like I woke up in the morning and I was pregnant, dunno how it happened!! I swear!!!"

And that would have gone over real well??

Originally posted by Serpentime

...What you are saying, I believe, is that humanity has become separated from God... That the state of meaning, purpose, and grace that we so long for has become lost.

It is a cruel joke that we play on our own lives;

Little do we accept that separation from God is synonymous with separation from ourselves...

As Yeshua the Christ reminded us, "If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand."
And as John Paul II added, "Separation from God is Hell."
As for the "Cure"(?):
Well, just look above. (To my original post.)
...A new world by a new idiom.
Very powerful medicine.
For me, it all begins right there.

Best wishes,
Serpentime

I don't believe it is a joke that I have played on myself as an individual, more like the joke has been played on us as a whole. I would like to know by who, or 'whom'.

And not only have we become seperated from God, it appears as tho' we are trying to destroy Her.
Tell me more !
(I'm not really an alien)

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So to avoid death she just said "like I woke up in the morning and I was pregnant, dunno how it happened!! I swear!!!"

Well obviously it did

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Lecter]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Well obviously it did

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Lecter]

According to the story you are right, it did.
Unfortunately there are a few religious conflicts that have originated outside of the book, where we live.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
one of my closest friends, a devout catholic, told me that the first thing he'd talk to an alien about was religion.

he said it would be the most mind blowing discussion, and i agreed.

wouldn't that be an amazing theological discussion, with a group that had beliefs that sprung up light years away?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Of course if you believe in alien's then you have to believe in god.

Who is the one who made aliens?

I consider the hindu trinity to be the best representation of what "god" is.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by MagicPriest420]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join