It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's options

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Assuming the US, Isreal, or both go ahead with it, what are Iran's options to retaliate?

Since they have had about 25 years or so to place sleeper cells in the US, even Isreali type homicide bombers would have a devastating effect on the US.

Isreali retaliation would look like a white dove compared to the US's tolerance for such actions.

Im guessing they could send about 1,000 to 10,000 terrorists to Isreal, Iraq, and Afganistan to turn those places upside down. Not to mention the small window they would have to pop their missles off.

If Iran had anything nuclear, we would find out as soon as they could arrange the discovery.

In the US, Iran has only one option; terror.

Its a very effective weapon. 911 brought our commercial airline industry to its knees for over a week. Not to mention the effect on the economy.

Opinions?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think a sweeping Aerial Attack just destroying there weopons and Reactors and the Iranofascist political/religous leaders will work.
I think the Young people of Iran have had more than enough of there leaders and would embrace a regeim change even more even Iraqis do.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Iran is currently taking the best option. By supplying and aiding the insurgency they are tieing down US forces that could be used to invade Iran. Its win win for Iran the longer US forces suffer loses in Iraq the greater pressure will be placed politicans on the home front. If the US wants to fight Iran the Iraq- Iran border needs to be closed and the odd stray bomb needs to fall on insurgent strong holds and supply lines in Iran.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity
Im guessing they could send about 1,000 to 10,000 terrorists to Isreal, Iraq, and Afganistan to turn those places upside down. Not to mention the small window they would have to pop their missles off.

why would they do that
they got enough missiles in their arsenal to flatten Israel

so if israel did attack Iran would just have to launch its missiles

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It depends on the method of attack - if Israel nuke them , then i believe israel would be nuked right back (as a heck of a surprise to them as israel don`t think iran has nuclear weapons)

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Iran's best option is to use tactical nuclear weapons against American bases in Iraq, they will kill thousands of Americans and wipe out their airforce w/o hurting civilians since these bases are safely in the desert. America will retaliate with it's own tactical nukes on Iranian air bases but will not dare nuke population centers (because that would lead to a nuclear attack on Tel-Aviv and eventual nuking of USA) that would leave the 100,000+ US forces out matched by an invading Iranian Army of more than a million, backed by largly superior artilary, the US would be defeated easily..I think Irans options are looking pretty good

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You dont consider that for even one moment Iran pre emptively used a Nuclear Weapon virtually the entire world would Turn on Iran ?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
You dont consider that for even one moment Iran pre emptively used a Nuclear Weapon virtually the entire world would Turn on Iran ?

I have no doubt that the world would condem Iran.
How many countries would take military action against Iran?
There is a big differnce between words and action.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I don't think the world will condemn Iran if the USA attacks first, and the purpose of the raid is to bomb Iranian nuke facility which is very dangerous and may destroy our planet, even if they did-Iran will have no option but total war-the US is not fighting in nebraska here, we're talking about Iran battling for survival; if they lose the war they will wind up completly destroyed and occupied like Iraq and their leaders with their families + a large portion of there population will be dead, they will have no choice but to attempt to annialte the US military, it will either be the USM or Iran..

this forum is stessing me out and i'm getting depressed, i'm leaving , good luck

[edit on 8-1-2006 by jajabinks]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
LOL as if a large proportion of Irans population will be destroyed, they only want to take out the Nuclear tech and the Sabre rattling leadership.

I certainly hope Iran, and everyone for that matter chooses the road to peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jajabinks
I don't think the world will condemn Iran if the USA attacks first, and the purpose of the raid is to bomb Iranian nuke facility which is very dangerous and may destroy our planet, even if they did-Iran will have no option but total war-the US is not fighting in nebraska here, we're talking about Iran battling for survival; if they lose the war they will wind up completly destroyed and occupied like Iraq and their leaders with their families + a large portion of there population will be dead, they will have no choice but to attempt to annialte the US military, it will either be the USM or Iran..

Why does Iran need nuclear weapons to survive? Who was threatening Iran's existence exactly? If they weren't after nuclear weapons, they wouldn't need nuclear weapons.

this forum is stessing me out and i'm getting depressed, i'm leaving , good luck

Don't let the door hit ya where the *insert deity* split ya.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
iran cant hand off their fate to other countries, that would be like asking us to put our main source of power in the faith of other countries (look at that we are, and now we are in fear of rocketing gas prices and in the near future a crash of our power resources, see what i mean by putting power in other countries hands?)

irans leaders have no choice but to pursue nuclear power, and pursue it in their own country. they need nuclear power so they can sell oil to get out off their economy falling, they need more money and oil is their main resource, they need to sell it. any that they use is like money wasted. they cannot and will not put it in another countries hands because the people will rid that leader so quick no one would even see it coming. putting their country into the hands of russia. at any time russia could have some sort of political overthrow or revolt and could decide to say screw you iran, and that would be the end of iran and its economy.

keep in mind its not known that iran has nuclear weapons, they are simply building a nuclear reactor for power and want their uranium in their hands instead of russians. we only suspect them of trying to create such weapons...remember iraq anyone or do we really forget that quick?

iran will attack with whatever they can, thats common sense. and if they are gunna fall everyone will come with them for causing it.

peace cant be achived through these wars, its contradictive and quite obvious that if you bomb these places the people arent going to welcome you unless you can get them to believe the propaganda they are feeding us. what you will do is create alot more hate for the US.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If they where serious they would accept the offer to process the Nuclear fuel in Russia.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
then the people would overthrow there leader and replace him with some one not so stupid as to place his countries fate into the hands of another country.

what were to happen if russia suddenly didnt. nuclear power was there plan to be main power source, you know the constant oil fear of oil crisis over hear. imagin if the entire middle east had cut off oil to us completely and no one else gave us fuel. think of how quickly we would fall. how quick electric heating cars and all would be out the window. we would be thrown back into the stone age within weeks.

they would have a similar problem if they put their fate with russia. if russia for some reason had a revolution or revolt, overthrow of the government and cut them off, thats the end of iran. they know this and cant let that happen

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have no problem with Iran having a peaceful nuclear program, neither does the UN, IAEA, of the US for that matter. But the way they are using stall tactics in negotiations can not be just 'swept under the mat' as part of negotiations. Its doing the same thing NK has done and is doing now. Why would they turn down perfectly good offers to give you your fuel for the reactors, when it doesnt cost you as much because you dont have to maintiain the equipment to produce and process it? Kinda fishy if you ask me, but thats just my opinon.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
nuclear power was there plan to be main power source

I wasn't aware it was to be their main power source, can you link where you found that?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
yes but you are given the choice to either hand over your countries fate to foriegn countries you have no control over or go to war. they simply cant give up there countries fate, it wont be allowed.

27jd ill find an article for you, the reason is they need oil to sell because thats pretty much there source of income so they want to use as little of it as possible.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
www.payvand.com...

its a long read, but read it carefully, you dont seem to be reading my posts very well so i hope you dont mis-interpret this as well

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
www.payvand.com...

its a long read, but read it carefully, you dont seem to be reading my posts very well so i hope you dont mis-interpret this as well

I'm afraid it is you who is the post misinterpreter, but let's both look at your source, shall we. You said Iran is planning to use nuclear energy as it's main source of power. Let's got to the numbers...

Currently, Iran has a capacity of about 31,000 MW of electricity, of which more than 75% is generated by natural gas plants, 7% by hydroelectric, and 18% by oil-fired plants. The corresponding percentages worldwide are, respectively, 17%, 17% and 8% [1]. Iran currently consumes about 28,000 MW of electricity (the rest of the electrical capacity is exported). The demand for electric power is growing at an annual rate of 8%. Thus, Iran projects needing 70,000 MW of electricity by 2021, of which it plans to produce 7,000 MW by NPPs, representing 10% of its electric power. Currently, 19% of the world's electricity is generated by NPPs, and the IAEA estimates that this will reach 27% by 2030
www.payvand.com...

I italicized the important part for you, so all the words don't jumble together and cause you to believe somehow it says Iran plans on making nuclear energy it's main source.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

I have no doubt that the world would condem Iran.
How many countries would take military action against Iran?
There is a big differnce between words and action.

I think the UK would probably use their military as they have troops in Irak. Most of the Arab peninsula will send some troups (won't make too much of a difference), Israel for sure, Egypt, Russia, Canada, China won't for sure, It would be interesting to see if India would, Australia, and most other EU countries.

Any thoughts?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join