It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ariel Sharon Rushed to Hospital

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a tradgedy?? Sharon has lived a long well lived life. He has accomplished so much. Experienced so many things. I don't know if he will die or not, maybe he already is dead.....but, if it is his time to leave, then I hope he goes in peace, with the thought on his mind that today is a good day to die....like all good warriors.......

Death isn't the end, but rather a beginning of a brand new adventure.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I agree completely, Subz.

Nobody has the right to wish death on another human. I hate violence, but that last remark made by the Iranian president has pissed me off. I hope he gets a rocket up his arse... but still lives. (Just so I don't contradict myself
)

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I don't know, I remember what it was like when my father died....
when I heard that he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life, or close to it, I prayed that he would pass on....

is that wrong?

of course, alot of the arabs are just celebrating, with only hatred and animosity in their hearts, but well, what would many of us be doing if we heard the Osama was on his deathbed? about the same thing.

but, if what the IRanian pres has said still irks you, well, I got a feeling that the Isrealis will soon be putting them back a few decades in their nuclear abilities. With or without Sharon. They've done it before, they'll do it again......

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I can only think that this event will breed more chaos in an already embattled region. Will there ever be an end to the violence that has marred this area of the world?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I agree completely, Subz.

Nobody has the right to wish death on another human. I hate violence, but that last remark made by the Iranian president has pissed me off. I hope he gets a rocket up his arse... but still lives. (Just so I don't contradict myself
)

Ahmadinejad's comments are, as usual, unacceptable. However I don't think he deserves to die for what he said. I don't think humans should ever be given the right to choose whether or not some one else lives or dies. But that's just my personal opinion.

What I find rather unsavoury though is how people are so quick to beatify those who are on their deathbed. The same happened with Arafat, he was guilty of many crimes and murders. The same is true of Ariel Sharon. Im not raising these points simply to derail the thread either.

This man was in charge of the Israeli invasion of Lebanon that saw Israeli troops fire on, and kill, UN troops. His blatantly provocative visit to the Al-Aqsa mosque in 2000 sparked the intifada that is still going on 6 years later. If people can deify Sharon, I should be able to post why I disagree.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
You know I got to see the video of Pat Roberson talking about Sharon he actually started talking nice about him to end with blaming Sharon critical condition on diving the land of God.

What in the heck is wrong with this man.

Pat doesn't look very healthy himself he can be next.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If I were you guys I wouldn't even dignify Pat "Moron Incarnate" Robertson by paying any attention to what he says. Does a falling tree make a sound if no one is there to hear it?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
``

Mr Sharons 'political' life has ended...and his physical life is in jeopardy...

depending on the attending doctors, and Mr Sharons' age & condition,
it might have transpired that a hole was drilled in his skull;
to access the hemorrhaged blood vessels (& clamp them)
to drain the blood contaminated fluid that can cause 'short-circuits' to ones brain synapses
to relieve any pressure which would also kill him

The 3 day 'induced' coma, is to allow the body time to stabilize its trauma
~but the docs didn't induce this coma as an aid for the easy transition of gov't, as someone implied~

I don't believe there is any feeding tube at this stage of treatment...
he's getting nourishment/fluids from the intervenous solutions

the respirator, is a way of keeping the brain attentive enough to 'remember' that breathing is necessary...in a day or three the docs
will take him off the respirator to see if his brain is functiong enough even though it might have severe damage in different parts.
IF, he needs the respirator as a life support device, they'll plug him in twice,
(i think thats the limit) which should give the docs enough time & info to determine if any heroic efforts should be used to prolong life.

i really think that Mr Sharon accomplished the things in life & politics he wanted to, i expect that after 1982 he resigned himself to the obese non-healthy profile that was himself...and devoted his remaining years to political leadership & helping direct the nation (rather than focusing on personal health, longevity, militaristic glory, of his younger ideals)

PS: i too considered the prophetical "mortal head wound" scenarios,
that idea might be a points-rack-up thread for one of youse guys

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
just reading through BBC have your say

For Ariel Sharon to be remembered (should he die) as the man who almost brought peace to the mid-east would be wrong and false, in the greatest measure. He should be remembered as the man who oversaw the massacres of Sabra and Shatila, and the like, and who constructed the middle-eastern version of the Berlin wall.
If he is the best hope for "peace" in the area, there is next to none.

Angela Hurst, Gold Coast

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
For Ariel Sharon to be remembered (should he die) as the man who almost brought peace to the mid-east would be wrong and false, in the greatest measure. He should be remembered as the man who oversaw the massacres of Sabra and Shatila, and the like, and who constructed the middle-eastern version of the Berlin wall.

Nice Find bodrul!

Ofcourse Some Members will say, that the Palestinian DESERVED to be Massacred in Sabra and Shantila - but that's another story.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

just reading through BBC have your say

Angela Hurst, Gold Coast

To compare Berlin wall with Israel wall is completely false.
Well, the israeli wall was one of the greatest things for both Israel and Palestine - the number of terorist attacks (and that means also Israeli reprisals) dramatically decreased meaning the blood in both nations became cooler which made it possible to negotiate Gaza withdrawal and increased possibility of peace.
People like you will never understand that in order to negotiate peace the terrorist attacks must stop. Otherwise Israelies would never agree with creation of iondependent Palestine and more and more hardliners would be elected. Also each attack means Isreali reprisal which means the hardliners in Palestine will have more powers too. In this aspect the building of Israeli wall is really the best thing that could happen for whole region.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Awhile back, I remember reading about a ''curse'' being put on Ariel Sharon.....
I cannot find the exact article, but here is something else I found.....

Sharon targeted
with 'death curse'
Extremists used ritual against Rabin
1 month before he was assassinated
Posted: July 26, 2005
1:59 p.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Fringe activists held a midnight kabbalistic ritual in an ancient cemetery calling for angels of death to kill Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and thwart his Gaza withdrawal plan, participants in the ceremony told WND.

MORE HERE

There is more info , but I'm not sure that I can post other forums relating to the Subject .....
My prayers are with Ariel Sharon......
IX
helen

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Nice Find bodrul!

Ofcourse Some Members will say, that the Palestinian DESERVED to be Massacred in Sabra and Shantila - but that's another story.

Some members will say (remeber this is conspiracy site) that leader of Sabra massacre Hobeika was de facto syrian agent (considering the fact that he defected to Syria shortly after the massacre and remained their ally in Lebanon for many years) and the whole massacre was conspiracy by Syrians to blame Israel in world and to force the withdrawal of Israeli military.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Awhile back, I remember reading about a ''curse'' being put on Ariel Sharon.....
I cannot find the exact article, but here is something else I found.....

Sharon targeted
with 'death curse'
Extremists used ritual against Rabin
1 month before he was assassinated
Posted: July 26, 2005
1:59 p.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Fringe activists held a midnight kabbalistic ritual in an ancient cemetery calling for angels of death to kill Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and thwart his Gaza withdrawal plan, participants in the ceremony told WND.

MORE HERE

There is more info , but I'm not sure that I can post other forums relating to the Subject .....
My prayers are with Ariel Sharon......
IX
helen

It didn't take long for the religious nuts to put their "spin" on events. Sharon had many enemies. Time finally reached out and touched him. Is there anyone else?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
In this aspect the building of Israeli wall is really the best thing that could happen for whole region.

if they had built it around Israeli towns and citys and not on occupied land then i would agree with you

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

In this aspect the building of Israeli wall is really the best thing that could happen for whole region.

if they had built it around Israeli towns and citys and not on occupied land then i would agree with you

It was simply politicaly impossible to evacuate settlers. Sharon was elected by right wing - that would mean he needed their votes. He could give away some territory back to the Palestine but in order to do so he needed to look like winner - that means stopping the terorism was the first priority. That means the wall was created partially on ocupied territory but this doesn't mean it was permanent. It was just first step. The next steps were withdrawal from Gaza and slow removal from West Bank - that was the reason why Sharon created new political party, because he knew Likud would not allow him to do that. Unfortunatelly it looks like it's over and I don't know if the new party would gain so much votes without Sharon. But my point was that the creation of wall was necessary for peace process (otherwise it would be interrupted by Hamas and such at their will) and it was politically necessary to build it firstly on palestinian teritory.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by longbow]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I appreciate how most of you have been able to discuss this matter (and all the historical and future significance Sharon and his passing represent). Any time a nation suddenly has to go through a shift in leadership it is a worrisome and stressful time - it is also a fragile time. No one can know if the next leader will bring more hope of peace, or be a veritable Genghis Khan that spins everything into the toilet. That's the part that I'm concerned about for Israel and for the Palestinians - the unknown factor in the change in leadership, and how the Palestinians will react to that change.

BUT, with that said, it is healthy to be honest about this. Sharon had a lot of baggage that may have prevented the furthering of peaceful communications with the Palestinians. Let us hope that his replacement does not have the same history.

The Buck and the Bulldozer

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What in the heck is wrong with this man.

That's a VERY deep question. I don't know if modern
medicine even has an answer for it!

Pat doesn't look very healthy himself he can be next.

hmm .. Wonder if he had a stroke ... would it be God's retribution
on him for something?
Isn't the the guy who predicted that
Disney World would be wiped out in a hurricane because of it's
gay agenda ... but then a few weeks later his own HQ got nailed
by a hurricane??

BOTTOM LINE - Sharon is as good as gone. Arafat is gone.
Things are changing in a major way. Perhaps peace is possible?
Perhaps former president Clinton could get the parties together
again at Camp David ... reintroduce what was on the table that
Arafat turned down (95% of what the Palestinians wanted) and
try again? Perhaps it could make it this time without the old
guard in the way???

[edit on 1/6/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
FlyersFan...Robertson better hope nothing that comes out of his mouth is true. Because if God's all up in the retribution mode I've got a sinking suspicion a stroke aint near harsh enough to get a payback in on the false teachings and misleading philosophies Robertson has spouted for decades.

Yep, Robertson better hope God aint into tough love tactics because there's a line item He could throttle Pat with...

"Do not use the name of the Lord thy God in [your own] vain [cause]."

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
FlyersFan

I agree Pat claims that his rights to judge is his because his closes relationship with God, how about mine relationship with my creator I don't Go around claiming that I have the right to judge in his name.

Last year I woke up in an awake sleep dream in which I was listening to something terrible going on with Israel an attack of some sort, major damage and lost of deaths.

I got up and notice that my radio was off so it was not from the news.

I turned the news own but It was nothing about Israel. So it was a dream.

This morning I woke up again with another dream in which it was US getting ready for war.

No, it was not Iraq but It was in the middle east a new war.

Yes dreams are dreams I disregard mine as such, but I got a feeling that doesn't want to go away.

BTW Mr. Sharon had another surgery it seems that the hemorrhage is not stopping.

This time it lasted 5 hours.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join