It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ariel Sharon Rushed to Hospital

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You are right FredT depending of the severity of the hemorrhage he may well get out of it or just become a vegetable.

But still he may have some damage.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
What a nightmare Fred...

It begs the question though. What should one do?

No real good choice. If they took him to a center that has a dedicated stroke team his odds improve somewhat but are still sucky.

Its a sucky place to be. If he was on clot busting drugs from the previous stroke it Heparin, Coumadin, Aspirn etc it will have made this situation worse. If not he runs the risk of suffing more down the road. Its one or the other

This type of injury is so dibilitating I would not wish it on my worst enemy

Right now there are simply to many variables to say what this outcome will be.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Sharon was definitely on a clot buster.

It does cause problems in some areas. I'm sure you've probably started a line on someone who takes coumadin, what a mess (literally).

Now, moving that scenario from the arm to the brain and it becomes pretty apparent how bad his condition must be.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Riwka,

I am praying for your nation. For any country to suddenly go through the loss of its leader most assuredly would cause a level of stress due to the unknown of it all.

May the transition go smoothly and your nation see peace.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Thank you so much , Valhall

Terrible news are comming in the last minutes.

Half of Sharon's body is paralyzed, he is having trouble speaking, and the prognosis for a full recovery is very poor. (source)

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Fred your medical knowledge is great and I am sure it has helped others better understand the possible outcome.

Thank You

Now lets all take time out to say a prayer for him, I am sure he can use many to recover.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wow, the end is near ...

This probably deserves a new post but here is a quick summery of where Israel is at...

www.debka.com...

Israel without Ariel Sharon as prime minister will have to adjust to important changes:

1. Up until the March 28 general election, finance minister Ehud Olmert takes over full prime ministerial authority. He is expected to call a cabinet meeting in the coming hours to assume the reins of government and demonstrate continuity.

Israel, bitterly divided by political strife and rivalries, badly needs a unifying hand at the helm, a role which it is hard to see Olmert filling.

2. He will be called upon to perform a strong, unifying function for Kadima, the new party that Sharon fashioned in his own image, but without him lacks cohesive cement. He may be challenged by more popular figures.

Many of its leading lights may think hard about returning to their parent-parties Likud or Labor or retiring from politics.

Kadima is likely to reach the election a shadow of the party that, until Wednesday morning, shot to the top of all the opinion polls with prospects of between 40 to 50 seats in the 120-Knesset.

3. The security situation hangs in the balance. Defense minister Shaul Mofaz and chief of staff Lt-Gen Dan Halutz obeyed Sharons guidelines to the letter, even when this meant confronting the country with grave difficulties.

Neither appears capable of rising above this submissiveness to fill the leadership vacuum left by the stricken prime minister. Olmert may have to look around for a strong figure in defense to compensate for his own lack of experience and instill in the country the sense that security is in capable hands.

4. Sharons absence from the prime ministers office will also have an effect on the Palestinians who are sunk in anarchy under the weak leadership of Mahmoud Abbas.

Sharon had tacitly indicated that Israel would not interfere with Hamas participation in the Palestinian general election in 20 days.

Now, Hamas is fully capable of taking advantage of Israels political weakness for a full-scale terror offensive.

5. Until Wednesday night, the most significant strategic game in progress) in the Middle East (aside from Iraq) was the US-French drive against Syrian president Bashar Assad, which is far from over.

Now, with George Bushs faithful ally in Jerusalem incapacitated, the pieces have shifted to new places on the regional board.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
``

I'm afraid that the man, only weeks from his 78th birthday,
will not resume his duties as the 11th Prime Minister of Israel.

i also suspect he will , at best, be in a coma for awhile...

as per a timely-updated Wiki-page on Ariel Sharon
....://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemorrhagic_stroke (aka: cerebral hemorrhage)

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The question will be as who will take the place of Sharon and if he will not change anything Sharon has done.

Perhaps changes will be heading Israel with a new prime minister.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sorry its a bit grim, but the medical experts are pretty much saying the same thing:

Doctors said Wednesday that the chances of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon making a full recovery from the massive stroke he suffered are slim.

The 77-year-old leader suffered a cerebral hemorrhage — bleeding in his brain — while en route to an Israeli hospital to have a hole in his heart fixed.

"It's among the most dangerous of all types of strokes," with half of victims dying within a month, said Dr. Robert A. Felberg, a neurologist who directs the stroke program at Ochsner Clinic in New Orleans.
Doctors Doubt Full Recovery for Sharon

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I gather that as Sharon was such a dominant charactor there are no leadership quality material people around him to assume command.

I recall he left his party, started another and dragged most of the members across with him, now thats a one man band!

There are good admins and policy followers but none groomed to replace him as everyone was following him and his policies.

Thats going to be a huge hole in the direction of the country and the leadership of his new party.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
He is on a respirator so that is not good, I wonder if all these was preventable if they had gone ahead and operated on him for his hart problem.

Are the two incidents related or just one the result of the other one

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Thats going to be a huge hole in the direction of the country and the leadership of his new party.

It seems to me that this is going to create a huge opening for Netanyahu. If he wins, get ready for war with Iran.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Looks like he survived the surgery:

Reuters
JERUSALEM, Jan 5 (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is still alive following surgery for a brain haemorrhage on Thursday, an Israel Radio reporter said quoting a hospital spokeswoman.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Doesn't sound good though if the best they can say about him is that he's still alive...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
May God be with Ariel Sharon and Israel in these difficult times.

My prayers are with my brothers and sisters in Israel.

God be with you all.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I just heard he is suffering massive bleeding in his head. So my guess (I'm no doctor) is that he only has a 25% of surviving.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
No,

Jews do not rub our hands when we pray.

Well its nice to know you believe everything you read. There was no love lost between Netanyahu and Sharon. They were bitter rivals, bitter enough to fracture the Likud party itself. You believe what you wish.

I hardly find it tragic though that a morbidly obese man close to 80 years who occupies one of the most stressful positions in politics had a life-treatening stroke. It's not nice but its hardly tragic.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Just a quick update on the condition of Ariel Sharon:

BBC
Israel's Ariel Sharon has undergone seven hours of surgery following a major stroke, and is now in a critical but stable condition, doctors say.
Doctors managed to stop the bleeding in the 77-year-old's brain, the director of Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem said.

He is to be kept "under heavy anaesthesia and ventilation" for the next 24 hours, Shlomo Mor-Yosef said.

Shut up, Subz. Talk about trying to derail, and at an inappropriate time.

Shut up.

Well said, TC!

[edit on 5-1-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
``

here's still another site covering A. Sharon & his medical emergency...
but their ongoing coverage covers other attending issues too.

~snip~

Y Net News. com

Even in the most optimistic scenario, hospital sources said,
Sharon is expected to stay at the intensive care unit for a long time...
and later move on to a lengthly rehabilitation period.

i reckon you'll need to select the "NEWS" tag to access the dozen of articles

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Does this count as a "head injury"? One of the prophesies of the end times states that a leader will miraculously recover from a severe head wound (or that's the interpretation, i think) and that person will be credited with bringing the peace for the seven year period. That person will be the one....

So let's see - Wars and rumors of wars, Peace declared administered by the EU (border crossing) and now Sharon with a stroke. Interesting times, indeed. I for one hope that it's all boloney but it sure is looking pretty grim.

Peace
jimmy

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join