It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Your GOD Love Lucifer / Satan / or other opposing entity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I will respect the views of anyone who contributes to this profoundly delicate topic.

I was wondering what your personal views are on this subject, and realize few have probably pondered such concepts.

I am curious as to your point of view, and yours alone regarding these two questions:

1) Does your GOD want you to be more like your GOD?

2) Does your GOD love Lucifer (or other parrallel/opposing concept)?

If you must speculate, feel free to do so. Trying to determine the will of GOD may be like questioning GOD, and may be considered immoral for some, and I will fully accept this as a justifiable point of view.

I'm not judging, just curious how people who are willing to contribute choose their words when confronted with such inquiries.

I thank you in advance for you contributions, and truly hope this does not offend you, or invoke any emotions that make you uncomfortable.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
If I knew what I believed and it was the common God/devil relationship. He would love Lucifer, just not understand him.

The devil feel we humans must prove our loyalty to the almighty. In all of satan's tasks he is tempting humans. He is proving to God that he is right. In turn punishes us. He hate humans, he like to punish them and he does in hell.

I think most intrepid the devil as evil, he is only evil to things he doesn't like. He loves god, whats him to get the respect he deserves.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
God wants us to be conformed to the image of Christ. We will never be God or a god but will be like Him in our thinking and what is right and wrong.

I don't have an answer for does God love satan because I do not know the answer to that one.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
From my pagan point of view....

The Horned god has been worshipped from the dawn of time. He was and still is part of a pagan belief system, which accepts many gods.
Christianity changed all that. It felt a need to make their one god the god of everybody else but to do this they had to discredit the old pagan gods, specifically the goddess and the horned god.

The Horned God is always portrayed with horns or antlers, his distinguishing feature. The God's horns are considered symbols of male potency, strength and protection. By adopting the image of the Horned God and turning it into an image of the Devil, the Christian church convinced people that paganism was evil ao any one who chose not to convert to christanity would have a rough time (to put it mildly)

Pagan beliefs systems dont include evil gods. Pagan gods are aspects of Nature, and in Nature there can be no evil. Evil comes from humans and their interpretations of certain actions. Myself, I do not believe in the devil. I believe in personal responsibility. People know right from wrong and it is their choice which they choose to live their life by.

Some pagans believe in Loki (a prankster) and some gods can have a reputation for being unwise to be involved with, but theyre never evil.

Monotheistic religions require an evil god as an adversary of their god of good. He has to have a reason to exist or else you wouldnt need him.

So my answer would be yes my Goddess does love the Horned God.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by SapphireHarlequin]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
"my god" is the center of all creation ...with that said if the devil actually exsisted(i personally dont believe evil is a dietie, its an act created thru bad karma and vibes performed soley by man) the creator would of had some part in creating him, and would therefore love him.........

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The Bible tells us that God dos in fact Love Lucifer, as He Loves ALL His creations. Lucifer was the highest ranking cherub and when he decided to continually defy God and lie about it. --God gave him many opportunities to repent and turn from his path of destruction, but Lucifer decided not to. Lucifer was cast out from heaven along with 1/3 of all the angels --who where in support of him. Beautiful Lucifer was stripped of his name and rank; he became satan a master of evil and the father of all lies...

God Loves satan... and his followers... and the millions who are deceived by him. God out of Love ENDS all of their suffering at the close of time. ENDS as in destroys yes, destroys satan, and his followers. There is no burning in Hell for eternity or slaving away in the bowls of the earth. --that is mans doctrine. Our life here on earth gives us a choice on who we want to follow. Life is not short; Life is the longest thing YOU will ever do. The choice is yours my friend...

satan knows his war is lost, his deceptions will be made clear, all he is doing is taking as many as he can down with him; for he knows his time is short. --satan has the knowledge of heaven, he understands eternity oh how "earth time" must be a real kicker for him. lol

Game Set and Match.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by plaguei personally dont believe evil is a dietie, its an act created thru bad karma and vibes performed soley by man

Well said! I couldnt have said it better myself.

It is something that man created to justify doing wrong to others. Ever heard the saying "the devil made me do it". The only person that made you do it is you!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
If I knew what I believed and it was the common God/devil relationship. He would love Lucifer, just not understand him.

This certainly parrallels my personal beliefs.

I envision "GOD the father" as being the first observer and equal in all measure to: GOD = The epitome of TRUTH

I envision the first concept percieved by the first observer as being equal in all measure to the purest LOVE. I believe this is a shared consciousness of those who are truly enlightened. This state of mind is where one can find the kingdom of heaven, but again this is my belief, and you may believe similiar perhaps, but in different words. You may find this concept to be unnacceptable, and you personnally are justified in that right. And, i am more than willing to put my life on the line to ensure you keep that right.
first concept/emotion & shared consciousness = epitome of LOVE?

I envision Lucifer as being the epitome of FEAR, which is what i think is the opposite of love. I believe the original observer "TRUTH" could not understand FEAR, because up until this point all their is is the first 3 primary colors of emotion. Truth, Love, and Fear. I don't see how God (Truth) could fear God (Truth), nor do i believe God (Truth) could Fear Love.
Lucifer = epitome of FEAR?

Truth (God) can love Fear, and Fear (Lucifer) can love Truth. If Jesus was what many believe Jesus to be, then Jesus was GOD (Truth) loving FEAR (Lucifer) so much, Jesus could have been God experiencing Fear to understand the Truth of it. Just some of my thoughts that seem to parrallel your thoughts SpittinCobra.

As for what Satan was/is? I think Satan / the devil is FEAR's alter ego and subsiquently the epitome of Hate.

After reading over my original thread intro (It was late last night, and I was a little tired) I noticed i never elaborated how i felt, nor shared my point of view. A slight oversight on my part, and i apoligize for that guys and gals, and my gender unspecific friends as well. Brothers, Sisters, Srothers and Bisters, Sisthers and Brosters. Hope i did not exclude anyone.

edit for typo

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SapphireHarlequin

Originally posted by plaguei personally dont believe evil is a dietie, its an act created thru bad karma and vibes performed soley by man

Well said! I couldnt have said it better myself.

It is something that man created to justify doing wrong to others. Ever heard the saying "the devil made me do it". The only person that made you do it is you!

Here, here! Well said both of you.

"Devil" is just a word used by those unwilling to take responsibility for themselves.

That’s okay though…Karma knows best, because, if it doesn’t get them sooner, it will get them later, no matter what organized religion or almighty power they try to hide behind.

TantricWolf

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
God wants us to be conformed to the image of Christ. We will never be God or a god but will be like Him in our thinking and what is right and wrong.

I don't have an answer for does God love satan because I do not know the answer to that one.

Try looking at Mat 5:43-48 for your answer.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

YES.

My G.O.D. loves ALL.
My G.O.D. IS love (and truth)...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
sometimes i do have to wonder why Satan does what Satan does considering he "knows that he is beaten in the end".

what if he doesnt know this? i mean, knowing about heaven might not include knowing the last day of time and what happens to you then.

and what if Satan thinks the story of Revelation is a bunch of mumbo jumbo; that it is not correct and that HE is determined to shape the destiny of Man on Earth, not God. wouldnt that sound more "Satanish"? Mr Deceit, who knows that hes screwed? I dont think such an intelligent being would try so hard if he knew he had no chance.

I think Satan truely thinks he has a chance on shaping the destiny of man and Earth. Look at how close to nuclear war we came in the cold war.. Im sure Satan was pushing for an all out nuclear holocaust. It just didnt add up for him at the end. Right now hes hard at work in the minds of Radical Imams in Madrassas masked as Mosques..

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think God wants us to think more like him, and by doing so we become more like him. To me he is pure compassion and I personally fall short in this area.

Just recently a guy I went to highschool with had a 39 count indictment handed down against him by a Grand Jury. Ten of those are actual rape charges against children under the age of 7. I have immense compassion for his family members, but I can't seem to muster any for him - but I keep wondering what in the world went wrong? I go back again and again to what Christ said about a millstone around the neck of someone who bothers little children but I also know the golden rule about the only thing we can't be forgiven for is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

For myself, there are only theories and speculation surrounding the events that went down in Heaven regarding Lucifer/Satan. The only thing for sure I know is that he had a severe problem knowing where his place in line was. Jesus flat out told him to get behind him, so he can get on back behind me too.

I don't know how to correctly answer does God love Lucifer/Satan. I guess that is between them and I'll cite what Jesus told Peter regarding the beloved disciple - "What concern is it of yours? You follow me." I wasn't there, that I can remember, so I'll let that be between them.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I believe from not only the 'biblical standards' but a few other things:

* Lucifer was originally 'Gods favorite'.
* Even after the 'war in heaven', when Lucifer was cast out, Why was Lucifer allowed back in with the council of angels before God, to testify about 'Job' - Old Testament.

Can someone answer me this one?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Just my view on this, but the G-d of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob has no opposer. In other words No Force in Creation can Oppose Divine Will. Satan is just part of the Host of Heaven and Lucifer is the Latin name of a Roman minor deity that has nothing to do with the Bible.

Humans are about as close as you can get to finding Opposition. G-d gave us freewill. We exercise our Free Will by not listening or understanding G-d but He still Loves humanity. Satan though not an enemy of G-d does Oppose humanity. If not for G-d's Mercy and Love our species would of been wiped out, possibly by Satan who has no love or mercy.

Thats my view from a Anti dualist, Monotheist supremacist perspective.

[edit on 1/9/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

* Even after the 'war in heaven', when Lucifer was cast out, Why was Lucifer allowed back in with the council of angels before God, to testify about 'Job' - Old Testament.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

Well Satan wasnt ever kicked out and if there's going to be a war it hasnt happened yet. The War in Heaven is in Revelations and that would be the endtimes regardless of what youve heard or been told.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

"Satan wasn't kicked out?"

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

"Satan wasn't kicked out?"

At least the being called Satan in Job or Zechariah wasnt. He serves as part of the Adatel as a Soviet style Procurator. You should check out my thread: Satan is not Lucifer.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/9/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Oh boy...I hope this isn't a 'tomAto' TOMato thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join