It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

"Prove Christ exists" orders judge

page: 6
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Greetings,


Originally posted by Submersible
The time and date this world is synchronized on is " AD ". After Jesus (PBUH) Died.


No it isn't.
How would the 33 years between BC and AD be counted then?

"AD" stands for Anno Domini.
It means "In the Year of Our Lord".

It is counted from Jesus' BIRTH, not death.
1 AD followed 1 BC.

Perhaps you should check the facts before making false claims?


Iasion




posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i'm not an atheist, nor am i an agnostic. i'm a buddhist, a religion older than christianity. i've done nothing but point out that in the VERY FIRST post you made you attacked the atheist worldview. you claimed atheism to be a religion, and called it hateful, and now you call it militant because they defended their views.

i'll say it again

if atheism is a religion, then bald is a color.

also, if you were to provide me with proof, evidence, something substantial and not philosophical that god exists, i would say okay, because my belief doesn't exclude the existence of any deities. but i wouldn't convert to christianity until you proved that jesus was divine, and that the only possible way to please god is to follow the conservative evangelical form of christianity.


I refer you to:

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Not sure of the source on the one above.

this is interesting:

members.aol.com...


a·the·ism Pronunciation Key (th-zm)
n.

1.
1. Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods.
2. The doctrine that there is no God or gods.


it can't be religion if it doesn't make any assumptions based on faith, it denies the existence of deities until there is solid scientific evidence. freedom of religion extends to the freedom to not practice a religion.



posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
isn't god supposed to be a god of infinite love and compassion, and not elitism and exclusion? and by personal experience, how do you know that you need to be filled by the holy ghost to understand the scriptures? i'd like to hear about this experience that could lead you to such an astonishing conclusion.
[edit on 11-1-2006 by madnessinmysoul]


What I am saying, as you try and get others on the bashing board with you by calling me out on what I believe, is that the Word says these things, not me. I cannot but tell the truth as the scriptures say. If I take away, my portion of life eternal will be taken away, if I add to it ,my potion of suffering will be greater if I do not make it.

Directed at your belief specifically to give you an idea of what I mean earlier by why should you care what I say in a thread that did not invite atheists in any fashion by the title of the thread. So with that thought in mind, why would an atheist even be interested in my thread if he wasn't at least curious about Christ? Why would an agnostic for that matter be interested in it either? Inquiring minds want to know. If a person professes to be "non-religious" then why surf the religious threads at all? Why not stick to the things that speak to them, like political or UFO conspiracy? Why would they even care if I thought that every person who doesn't get the born again experience is bound for hell? WHy would they care that I try and share that wherever I go. It does not concern them in the least, until I speak with them specifically. Then all they'd have to say is "no thanks its not for me" like any door to door saleperson who somes by. It isn't for them, simple really.

Buddhists same deal.



posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
it can't be religion if it doesn't make any assumptions based on faith, it denies the existence of deities until there is solid scientific evidence. freedom of religion extends to the freedom to not practice a religion.


Not to try and change the subject, but didn't you put me on your ignore list?

OK. As per my hyperlinks, atheism and agnosticism are religions according to the texts mentioned. I didn't write them, take it up with the authors. I was just pointing out that just because YOU say it isn't a religion that doesn't mean it is what you say does it? That saounds vaguely like what yhou were saying about me......hmmmmm.



posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Einstein

If God created man, who created God?
[edit on 11-1-2006 by madnessinmysoul]


This is your signature block and you say you are not gunning for Christians?

What if I put on mine that all others besides Apostolics are going to hell?

Wouldn't this be on pare with yours?



posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
OneGodJesus:

Why would an agnostic for that matter be interested in it either? Inquiring minds want to know. If a person professes to be "non-religious" then why surf the religious threads at all? Why not stick to the things that speak to them, like political or UFO conspiracy? Why would they even care if I thought that every person who doesn't get the born again experience is bound for hell? WHy would they care that I try and share that wherever I go. It does not concern them in the least, until I speak with them specifically. Then all they'd have to say is "no thanks its not for me" like any door to door saleperson who somes by. It isn't for them, simple really.

Buddhists same deal.

LCKob:

Actually in this case the motivation and point of curiosity is relatively staight forward ... namely the recent legal scenario which If I am not mistaken is the basis to some degree in this thread ..i.e. "Prove Christ exists" orders judge.

Thus what we have here is a very interesting scenario that appears to force a confrontation between the Secular AND Religous. This being the case, I submit that virtually everyone has some stake in the outcome .. Athiests, Agnostics and Belivers ... therefore, my interest as one so possibly affected.

... btw...

... do you see the problematic nature of the asserted proofs as I outlined?

LCKob



[edit on 11-1-2006 by LCKob]



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
On page one I apologized for the hate portion.

Page 1:

You're right my apologies I did get a little vehement.

Sorry just figured out what stfu meant, had to delete it.

I wasn't sure as you said you deleted it.. you didn't. I thought you must've been talking about something else [trying to be as clear as possible here]. I'd graciously accept the apology but do not believe it to be genuine.. you've change your biggoted assumption to 'militant' instead. Sorry but I've never heared of hospitals or mosques being blown up for atheism.

As to doubt well, you can see pretty easily that the doubt is even in your post regarding my post.

You can't stop attacking can you? I do not doubt my 'reality' or beliefs as you are inferring- but I do doubt your motives for creating this thread.

I am not playing the victim, other thatn to say that if you really don't care about God or His followers, why would you even be in this thread in the first place, if not to attack someone?

Interesting spin.. yet AGAIN you are trying to play victim. Why would you say 'Religion of hate and doubt" if you weren't trying to provoke/attack atheists?

I didn't put ANYTHING in my subject line that said anything even remotely Atheistic or Agnostic so you're all here BECAUSE..........?

I entered the thread because it was politically interesting subject.. [I said that the last time you tried this angle] then saw you using the story to attack atheists.. now we are 'militants' [almost calling us terrorists].
Perhaps you should try NOT insulting an entire group of people AT ALL instead of desperately trying to find an insult thats univerally acceptable. There isn't one.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by riley]



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I wasn't sure as you said you deleted it.. you didn't. I thought you must've been talking about something else [trying to be as clear as possible here]. I'd graciously accept the apology but do not believe it to be genuine.. you've change your biggoted assumption to 'militant' instead.

Biggot now am I? Well, I suppose you have the luxury of lofty opinions that transcend my own. I bow to your all powerful deductive reasoning, Oh might one. Give me a break and be "bigger than me" and leave this thread alone. But no, you won't do that because you are incapable of it. Another person yelling "give me my rights, when what they never say is give me my responsibilities" person. Thanks for the sarcasm and lack of wisdom in addressing an issue you hold oh so dear "Prove Christ exists" orders judge as an atheist, right......it is real important to you I bet whether Christ can be proven by the Church. We have been saying all along that He exists since He came, and you didn't listen then or anytime before this thread. So What makes it important now? I think the agenda is your and your friends. With an interest in so many things religious and comment negatively in threads pulled from your very own login like:

Search
My friend is being attacked by Satan
When Humans Think They are More Powerful than God
"Prove Christ exists" orders judge
Why sinners hate God.
How does creationism explain....
Unity of all religions
Demonic possion? Fate..Destiny
What Do Church Steeples Represent?
The Flood Legend
Do Ex-Christians and Non-Christians get a chance at heaven...
The Absloute Power of Christianity!

You make a weak argument that you have no agenda to slice and dice christianity.

Originally posted by rileySorry but I've never heared of hospitals or mosques being blown up for atheism.


Are you serious? Let's review the definition of atheism shal we: the doctrine or belief that there is no God. With this in mind, what would they blow up. They believe in nothing beyond this life, they have no hope beyond what they get on this earth. Why should they blow up anything? It is all they will ever get out of life and they are going to blow it up....hmmm maybe for political reasons, like most every communist (read hard core atheism) insurgency in the history of the movement, maybe?


Originally posted by riley You can't stop attacking can you? I do not doubt my 'reality' or beliefs as you are inferring- but I do doubt your motives for creating this thread.

The best defense is a good .......what?


Originally posted by riley Interesting spin.. yet AGAIN you are trying to play victim. Why would you say 'Religion of hate and doubt" if you weren't trying to provoke/attack atheists?


I didn't put ANYTHING in my subject line that said anything even remotely Atheistic or Agnostic so you're all here BECAUSE..........? Asto the spin...I could ask the same from your posts. If atheism is such a great way to be, then why can they not let things go?


Originally posted by rileyI entered the thread because it was politically interesting subject..


No you didn't. You entered because you have an anti-christian agenda.


Originally posted by riley [I said that the last time you tried this angle] then saw you using the story to attack atheists.. now we are 'militants' [almost calling us terrorists]. Perhaps you should try NOT insulting an entire group of people AT ALL instead of desperately trying to find an insult thats univerally acceptable. There isn't one.


Again no you didn't, what you said was:


Originally posted by rileySweetie.. the atheists on this thread entered the thread because YOU ATTACKED THEM [and still are]. You tried the victim thing before.. it's still not working. We are not being militant.. we are merely defending ourselves and debating. I usually don't give a fizz if someone is christian.. and I only care about my 'label' of atheism when someone tries to put it or me down for it, makes judgements about my charactor based on it or tells me I'm wrong and should change.. that is simply foolish to say the least.

Is this what you meant by saying the atheists are here in this thread because of some "reason" relating to a post in the text? Please.



[edit on 12/1/06 by OneGodJesus]



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
Biggot now am I?

"Biggoted assumptions."


Thanks for the sarcasm and lack of wisdom in addressing an issue you hold oh so dear "Prove Christ exists" orders judge as an atheist, right......it is real important to you I bet whether Christ can be proven by the Church.

I actually did respond on topic. You ignored it.
It is an important topic as the Catholic church [and other religions] have commited genocide and other various attrocities throughout the ages using the authority of 'Christ' as it's claim to power. While it has pulled up now [to an extent] other demoninations are trying to infiltrate schools etc trying to impose belief onto non christian children via things like ID. A film has even been banned for having gay content in the states.. now if christ never existed.. their claim to power over some societies is dead. People can have an interest in religion without having a belief [or spite] for god. Some devout christians even have an aversion to religion. That does not make them anti-christian either.

We have been saying all along that He exists since He came, and you didn't listen then or anytime before this thread. So What makes it important now?

Atheists aren't allowed to be interested in politics? If christ was proven to exist.. no it would not convert me. He would be an historical figure.. though the world repecussions of this could lead people away from pouring their money into religion thus causing major shifts in economies and culture.

I think the agenda is your and your friends.

My friends are christian, pagen, buddhist and agnostic.. only a couple are atheist.

With an interest in so many things religious and comment negatively in threads pulled from your very own login like:

Search

You just stepped into the 'creepy' zone.

My friend is being attacked by Satan

Exorcisms have killed people.. encouraging this superstition is dangerous.

When Humans Think They are More Powerful than God

..in response of yet another poster attacking atheism.

Why sinners hate God.

Read the thread if you want to know my motives for posting it.

How does creationism explain....

Oh no.. don't want my kids being taught that the planet is 6000 years old and the center of the universe. I must be the anti-christ.

What Do Church Steeples Represent?

Archeology.. they used to be lightening rods to attract wheat they thought was 'supernatural' power [so the theory goes]. I'm really tearing christianity apart here aren't I?
If you really want to know I am fascinated by human history and the psychology that fuelled it.. just because I am an atheist does not exclude religious/cult history from my interests. I also have a keen interest in philosophy which is where beliefs systems started.

Are you serious? Let's review the definition of atheism shal we: the doctrine or belief that there is no God. With this in mind, what would they blow up. They believe in nothing beyond this life, they have no hope beyond what they get on this earth.

It gives us a greater appreciation and respect for the life we are living.. to think we have no hope is a common misconception.

Why should they blow up anything? It is all they will ever get out of life and they are going to blow it up....hmmm maybe for political reasons, like most every communist (read hard core atheism) insurgency in the history of the movement, maybe?

Communism is not exclusively atheist.. though it has religious restrictions. The idea of it is not based of non belief but community.


Originally posted by riley You can't stop attacking can you? I do not doubt my 'reality' or beliefs as you are inferring- but I do doubt your motives for creating this thread.

The best defense is a good .......what?

So you admit to going on the offence against atheists.. yet claim that you are unfairly being picked on?


I didn't put ANYTHING in my subject line that said anything even remotely Atheistic or Agnostic so you're all here BECAUSE..........?

Politics.
BTW. There are such things as spiritual atheists.

No you didn't. You entered because you have an anti-christian agenda.

Please refrain from suggesting I am a liar.. I have already stated why I entered the thread. Just because I have a problem with religious organisations does not mean I have a problem with it's followers in general.. bad apples n all.


Originally posted by riley [I said that the last time you tried this angle] then saw you using the story to attack atheists.. now we are 'militants' [almost calling us terrorists]. Perhaps you should try NOT insulting an entire group of people AT ALL instead of desperately trying to find an insult thats univerally acceptable. There isn't one.



Again no you didn't, what you said was:etc....'

And:

I read the article. I am indeed curious as to whether or not this guy can prove Jesus existed.. this has been debated for some time.

Again.. please do not insinuate that I am lieing.

Is this what you meant by saying the atheists are here in this thread because of some "reason" relating to a post in the text? Please.

Some people who read the title were interested in the subject matter for diverse reasons.. but some clicked on it and got insulted. Even non atheists got insulted [I think you accused one of being atheist as well
]. As a group [believe it or not] we all have individual minds so our motives for clicking on the thread may have been completely different.. but that would really go against our commie militant training wouldn't it? :shk:

[edit on 12-1-2006 by riley]



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
ONE GOD JESUS.......
i am not an athiest but i am also not a christian. so yes i do like to stop in on these pages from time to time to see what load of crap you guys are shovelling this week. now im not saying all but most christians arnt christian. they arnt even fit to have the words jesus or god come out there mouths.

my question is why do you hold stock in jesus?
do you think your motives are pure?
are you expecting something in return for your worship?
if so what is it?

there is nothing wrong with loving jesus ..if you truly love him!!! but most of the "christians" ive talked to and alot of "christians" on this site do not have pure motives. they all expect something in return. and to me that is a load of crap and im shure god doesnt like it either...



yea im still waiting one god....or are you afraid your answers might expose you??



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
What I am saying, as you try and get others on the bashing board with you by calling me out on what I believe, is that the Word says these things, not me. I cannot but tell the truth as the scriptures say. If I take away, my portion of life eternal will be taken away, if I add to it ,my potion of suffering will be greater if I do not make it.



So you are not in a position to 'represent' or repeat in your own words what the WORD say's ?
And why do you think it is, that you are always on the offensive?

It appears as tho' your attitude towards the majority of the other members here is, the "underdog".

Do you honestly feel that way in your 'richeousness' as much as you do in your thoughts?

I'm your friend, either way.



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iasion
Greetings,


Originally posted by Submersible
The time and date this world is synchronized on is " AD ". After Jesus (PBUH) Died.


No it isn't.
How would the 33 years between BC and AD be counted then?

"AD" stands for Anno Domini.
It means "In the Year of Our Lord".

It is counted from Jesus' BIRTH, not death.
1 AD followed 1 BC.

Perhaps you should check the facts before making false claims?


Iasion


Thank you 'teacher', perhaps you should read the rest of the thread before jumping into another search engine to prove somebody wrong as soon as you discover a mistake that another member makes.
Obviously I was wrong, and gratefull for making the error since the fact were explained to me last week.

scrub



posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Good.

I'm glad this guy is calling the church out. It's so great to finally see Christians getting what they've had coming to them after all the dirt they've done. This judge is a pretty good guy.




posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It doesn't really matter whether Jesus can or cannot be proven to have existed. If say Jesus can be proven to have lived that still doesn't mean he was the son of god but just a historical figure. If on the other hand Jesus cannot be proven to have lived then that doesn't mean that he didn't but only that there is no varifiable historical evidence to prove the claims.
Therefore the outcome of the case makes no difference to whether your beliefs lie with god, jesus or whatever. The case is for the defamation of character nothing else.

G



posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Madness, riley, plague: I'll just pray for you to see the light before you see the light (I made a funny). You obviously aren't going to stay on topic and I'm done posting on this thread in defense of something that needs no defense, my belief that all need Jesus before they move on to another reality,what you guys are doing is obviously a concerted attack by the evil one through you guys (if this offends you you'll get over it or you won't either way , people are used everyday by Satan for his means of attacking Christians and they don't even know it because they are bound by sin and he is the master of sin). CYA.



posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
isn't god supposed to be a god of infinite love and compassion, and not elitism and exclusion? and by personal experience, how do you know that you need to be filled by the holy ghost to understand the scriptures? i'd like to hear about this experience that could lead you to such an astonishing conclusion.
[edit on 11-1-2006 by madnessinmysoul]


What I am saying, as you try and get others on the bashing board with you by calling me out on what I believe, is that the Word says these things, not me. I cannot but tell the truth as the scriptures say. If I take away, my portion of life eternal will be taken away, if I add to it ,my potion of suffering will be greater if I do not make it.

Directed at your belief specifically to give you an idea of what I mean earlier by why should you care what I say in a thread that did not invite atheists in any fashion by the title of the thread. So with that thought in mind, why would an atheist even be interested in my thread if he wasn't at least curious about Christ? Why would an agnostic for that matter be interested in it either? Inquiring minds want to know. If a person professes to be "non-religious" then why surf the religious threads at all? Why not stick to the things that speak to them, like political or UFO conspiracy? Why would they even care if I thought that every person who doesn't get the born again experience is bound for hell? WHy would they care that I try and share that wherever I go. It does not concern them in the least, until I speak with them specifically. Then all they'd have to say is "no thanks its not for me" like any door to door saleperson who somes by. It isn't for them, simple really.

Buddhists same deal.


so basic theology and history isn't interesting to buddhists?

would the fact that someone could prove the existence of jesus, or any other person in history NOT interest me?

maybe i don't have any problems with jesus, maybe i simply have a problem with how people abuse his name?


you're undercutting my argument with your belief. i'm saying that nowhere in the bible, does it say that i cannot understand the bible as well as you do. you're using your religion in a bigoted manner to dodge important questions by saying i can't understand the bible as well as you do. that just seems like you're hiding behind your beliefs in an ignorant manner.

so, i'm not attacking your belief, i'm attacking your use of it as an argument.



posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
Madness, riley, plague: I'll just pray for you to see the light before you see the light (I made a funny). You obviously aren't going to stay on topic and I'm done posting on this thread in defense of something that needs no defense, my belief that all need Jesus before they move on to another reality,what you guys are doing is obviously a concerted attack by the evil one through you guys (if this offends you you'll get over it or you won't either way , people are used everyday by Satan for his means of attacking Christians and they don't even know it because they are bound by sin and he is the master of sin). CYA.

I was on topic, as usual you ignored my points [and others] at your convenience.. and have AGAIN pulled the persecuted christian card to justify your persecution of others. Take responsibility for your own actions and don't keep blaming the other guy.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by riley]



posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
Madness, riley, plague: I'll just pray for you to see the light before you see the light (I made a funny). You obviously aren't going to stay on topic and I'm done posting on this thread in defense of something that needs no defense, my belief that all need Jesus before they move on to another reality,what you guys are doing is obviously a concerted attack by the evil one through you guys (if this offends you you'll get over it or you won't either way , people are used everyday by Satan for his means of attacking Christians and they don't even know it because they are bound by sin and he is the master of sin). CYA.



i write this knowing that you will come back to this thread. you seem to like being "persecuted" by us "evil doers" or the "hands of satan". i dont know why but i notice that your like that on every thread.
ok yes i was a little of topic earlier in the thread but it was with the flow of the conversation therefore not out of line.
also if you feel that you are being "persecuted" for your beliefs then why didnt you answer my simple questions? i just wanted to know about your faith in jesus. your motives that is. by not answering you lead me to believe that your motive are not pure. so mabe it is you that should be afraid to see the light. i have made my peace with god and know where i stand with my creator. when death comes i will not be afraid (unless its painful, i dont like pain and i dont want to die from a gunshot or stab wound) to meet my maker. and if im wrong (which i highly doubt) and thrown into the pit, then ill be fine nowing that i loved god purely and went before him with pure motives.
as i stated above, you dont want to answer my questions which leave me to believe that your motives are un pure and that you maybe are the one whos controlled by satan. and maybe your the one who should fear the light.



posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
OneGodJesus:

Well, I am at a loss for what you might consider me... but that is beside the point ... which is... that you did not reply to my observations and points ... it appeared as though you were inclined to do so from your initial reply.

LCKob:



posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   


www.cnn.com...

"The strangest tangent of the Rolling Stone story, however, is when West says he's addicted to pornography. He remembers first seeing his father's Playboy magazine when he was 5 years old."

"Right then," West says, laughing, "it was like, 'Houston, we have a problem.' "




I didn't want to start a new thread for this, and since this one somewhat pertains to this issue....
how do you feel about this?

I think he's already burning for it.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join