It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The House that Jack Built: Abramoff to Plead Guilty, Flip on Co-Conspirators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This scandal is so big and far reaching some are already saying it can't be prosecuted without undoing the US government.

Abramoff expected to plead guilty
By Andy Sullivan
19 minutes ago
YahooNews.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Embattled U.S. lobbyist Jack Abramoff is expected to plead guilty on Tuesday in a corruption probe that implicates several top Republican lawmakers including former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, a Justice Department official said.

The long-expected plea will give prosecutors extra ammunition as they seek to link the activities of DeLay of Texas, Republican Rep. Bob Ney (news, bio, voting record) of Ohio, and other top lawmakers to favors paid for by Abramoff's lobbying clients.

Abramoff is expected to plead guilty to conspiracy, tax evasion and fraud before a federal judge in Washington at 12:15 p.m. (1715 GMT), the official said. The Justice Department planned to hold a news conference later in the day.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
may they all rot in prison

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A comprehensive look at the biggest scandal in a century. Easy.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Good find,

This guy is a dirtbag

This is also touched on in ATSNN below

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I wonder if term limits, say two terms like the President, would dampen the graft and corruption. Or would it work against the political process, since senior members are good since someone has the the political clout to get things down.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
This scandal is so big and far reaching some are already saying it can't be prosecuted without undoing the US government.

Freaking music to these ears!

I hope he sings like a bird and they reduce his prison sentence from 20 to 10 years in a cell with a very large, muscular, heavily-tattooed cell mate.

Is that mean?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
That is exactly what I am waiting for it, the bird singing his tunes but it will hurt both sides of the political parties.

Lobbying in American is big business and our elected officials are open for business and they will sell their souls to the highest bider.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Both parties have themselves to blame. No one made those folks take the green, and the trips and the perks.

Our government needs a massive housecleaning. Sing, little coward, sing!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Corruption like this, being so pervasive and so in line with prior issues with this WH, does have Armegeddon qualities, as related to the structure of government.

Good.

Do I think enough hangings will occur? Depends, but likely not. We're at the nadir of incompetence & corruption within government but we're also seeing it bore in like a tic; they've gotten away with a stolen election - an attack against the country - a tabulation theft of another election - a city lost - and an invasion strategy put in play brimming to worldwide proportions.....yet the miners have died, white girls are missing and gays want to marry.

We've been lead to focus on what's important, no?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Fox news is telling that this whole issue will fade away just like other scandals that has come upon the Bush administration.

Occurs when somebody mention "DeLay" immediately one of the fox news cast counter attack with "Hillary" I guess when it comes to money hand outs everybody benefits

new topics

top topics

join