It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 or the Su-37A

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
i prefer the Su-37 but it lack of the russian spirit.the spirit of communist is down size right now like the alleycat in the streets .so the Su-37 today are same as the F-22 raptor,using the spirit of the white house which is turn to black house now a day and more evil then the EVIL IN INSIDE.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bandit

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe

Originally posted by Ricko
Lol were did you get that pic from Gaza?

hehe, I have the same pic on my website. i found it on a russian website, but I don't have the url anymore.

The SU-47 totally rules.

Isnt that S-37 'Berkut'?

From where did you get the SU-47 'idea'?

Just wondering..

Regards
Bandit

aka
Uninen
FULCRUM

S-32
Original designation seen on the first prototype
S-37
New designation for an experimental single-seat fighter prototype; 1 built
Su-47
Redesignation for the design as marketed by Sukhoi which has promoted the aircraft as a production fighter

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bandit

Isnt that S-37 'Berkut'?

From where did you get the SU-47 'idea'?

Just wondering..

Regards
Bandit

aka
Uninen
FULCRUM

Yes, it was previously called the S-37 Berkut (or Golden Eagle), but it was later renamed to Su-47

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
IMHO, both aircraft are very eye-pleasing and quite "sexy."

They both are quite maneuverable and somewhat 'stealthy'. One of the deciding factors, if that, will be the situation, whether BVR or WVR, the equipment on the respective aircraft, and the training of the individual pilots. Maneuverability isnt everything you know. Superior maneuverability does help in combat but it is NOT a 100% guarantee of victory over your opponent. The Sukhoi's series are great aircraft and very maneuverable but people need to understand that 'it' wont be the king forever in terms of maneuverability. The "Raptor" was optimized to outperform, outfight, current & projected aircraft.

As to the F-22 being strictly a "stealth" aircraft....
The F-22 is considered more conventional than a, per se', stealth aircraft. It's "stealthiness" isn't as dependent on RAM coating as a B-2's. It's more dependent on it's curves and angles. The F-22 is the first stealth aircraft to fly day or night in all weather. The F-22's aerodynamics are very good and the use of internal weapon bays not only reduces the F-22's RCS but also reduces drag. The F-22, fully fueled and armed, can do any AOA and 9 G's.

As with the Su-37 having TVC, so will the F-22. Difference? The F-22's TVC is controlled by a supercomputer, and the F-22's high thrust to weight ratio (1.5-20), and the reduce of drag propel's the aircraft with great agility. The F-22 just doesn't rely solely on it's TVC to give it outstanding agility. Also keep in mind that the F-22's going to have better TVC controls than the Su-37....why? The F-22's TVC is controlled by a supercomputer, compared to that of the Su-37 with it's AL-37FU turbofans which is controlled by it's hydraulics system, and the MKIs AL-31FP are controlled by it's fuel system.
Further more, the F-22 has more then 1 main CPU (CIP) capable of more then 10.5 BILLION ops per second while the Su-3x's, that are 'just' coming off the assembly line, are being called technologically advanced and only having 486 class CPUs capable of only around 50 Thousand ops per second (50MIP's--for chrimmy's sake, the Nintendo GameBoy Advanced rivals a Sukhoi's at computing power). Thats almost more then a 20 years difference in computing technology IMHO. Also, the US NAVY's F/A-18C's, are shipped with 100+Mhz PowerPC CPU's (CIP's).... and last but not least, the F-22 has Phase Array Radar while the Su-3x's have, you guessed it, standard analog radar. This results in the F-22 being the only TRUE sensor-fused system, all of the avionic's and aircraft operations are run through the same 3 computers, and compiled into one picture.

"Sanders Delivers First F-22 EW System to the Avionics Integration Laboratory"
Link:
www.iews.na.baesystems.com...

"Simulator Sharpens Raptor's Claws"
Link:
www.us.net...

"The F-22 Common Integrated Processor is the first fully integrated avionics processing system."
Link:
www.raytheon.com...

"F-22 Raptor: Common Integrated Processor"
Link:
[url]http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:85fCnWNtz1IJ:www.edwards.af.mil/articles98/docs_html/splash/apr98/cover/CIP.htm+F-22+CIP&hl=en&ie=UTF-8[/url ]

Then we are not even counting the new AIM-9x's and their capabilities and the AIM-120's......and super-cruise...............

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 29-9-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Can't get the link to work for the last site on Raptor's Common Integrated Processor so I will put article here:

"The Hughes-built Common Integrated Processor (CIP) is the 'brain' of the integrated avionics system � a system which has some unusual characteristics.

For instance, the F-22 has no radios, no navigation gear like TACAN or global positioning system or instrument landing system and no radar, in the traditional sense.

Rather than radar, the CIP, which is about the size of a oversized bread box, supports all signal and data processing for all sensors and mission avionics.

Reprogramming ability
The CIP modules have the ability to emulate any of the electronic functions through automatic reprogramming. For example, if the CIP module that is acting as radio dies, one of the other modules will automatically reload the radio program and take over the radio function.

This approach to avionics makes the equipment extremely tolerant to combat damage as well as flexible from a design upgrade point of view.

The aircraft's avionics architecture remains flexible to accept future upgrades without having to design and retrofit new hardware to the fighter.

Expandability
There are two CIPs in each F-22, with 66 module slots per CIP. They have identical backplanes and all of the F-22's processing requirements can be handled by only seven different types of processors. Currently, 19 of 66 slots in CIP 1 and 22 of 66 slots in CIP are open and available for expansion.

Each module is limited by design to only 75 percent of its capability, so the F-22 has 30 percent growth capability with no change to the existing equipment. There is space, power and cooling provisions in the aircraft now for a third CIP, so the requirement for a 200 percent avionics growth capability in the F-22 can be easily met.

There is coordinated plan for technology growth that will help keep the CIP at state-of-the-art levels. As electronics continue to get smaller and more powerful, it is conceivable that there could be 300 percent increase in avionics capability."

Beside editing the link, multiple times, it continued to show a 'gap' between the 'l', of url, and the bracket ].
Crapola'..... so, again, I posted the article...

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Seeing as my father works on the Raptor at Lockheed, I'm rather biased, hehe...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Seeker,

We, or at least i do know that the F-22 is more 'advanced'..

But when it comes to short range air-to-air combat..

I think that either one could win.. most likely the Sukhoi, if the pilot has the skills..

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I like the f22 but one point. This plane not as powerfull as it has to be if it is not shielded for strong eletro magnetic weopons. like missles which create a electromag. shockwave with a yield that it could hit the plane even if it is not a direct hit.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
you guys keep confusing the Su-37 with the S-37 (aka Su-47). The way I understand it is that for russian planes, leaving the 'u' off of the thingy is sorta like adding a Y to US planes (YF-22). Means its not a production plane.

this is an Su-37

and this is an S-37/Su-47

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I predict that it depends on the pilot. I could pilot either of those planes and lose a dogfithgt.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdub
you guys keep confusing the Su-37 with the S-37 (aka Su-47). The way I understand it is that for russian planes, leaving the 'u' off of the thingy is sorta like adding a Y to US planes (YF-22). Means its not a production plane.

this is an Su-37

and this is an S-37/Su-47

O Really?

Thanks, i didnt know..

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
smartass. i thought it was pretty well known but more than a few people have been getting them mixed up in this thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ricko

The F-22 is an American and is the Worlds first stealth fighter. And is the best plane up to date. Hasnt been used in combat YET.

This is the best Russian fighter and possibly the best fighter on the world. Soon to be "deadly adversary" of F-22 Raptor

Which do you think is best?

Depends, I think both of them are good planes. If you put top notch pilots in both of them, it might turn out to be an issue of tactics and first sight. From what I have heard, both of them have some stealth technology in them.

Tim

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
1. su-37/47/mig-39 etc.. are just testbeds for the future russian fighter aircraft now named pal-fa

2. stop playing ace combat 4

AHEM

but im not sure about the su-47, i heard it might go into production also.

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by SectorGaza]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have read and heard the same thing SectorGaza, but much of the information also points to an issue of "lack of funding/monies."

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Look up the stats bro. the F-22 has a higher top speed and better manuvourability.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The SU-37A is #in old dude! Think before you put up these threads!!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pizzout
The SU-37A is #in old dude! Think before you put up these threads!!

Yeah,

Su-27 is old (which this 'Su-37' is..) and is the 'opposition' for F-15.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by pizzout
Look up the stats bro. the F-22 has a higher top speed and better manuvourability.

actually su-37 is faster and more manuverable, and f22 isnt so new

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This topic is funny i thought most people would pick the Rapter over the commie jet, guess your all nothing but COMMUNIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join