It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US will invade Iran in '06

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well, whatever the reasons, it doesn't seem likely... Unless Bush has a special Christmas Surprise in store for the serving men and women in the US military.

(Infinite....Whats the that moron in your Avatar? If ever there was a candidate for euthanasia, it's Russel Brand....)

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
When I started this thread, I did so not thinking the unthinkable would actually come to fruition. I did not believe it was possible for the Democratic party to reclaim control of congress.

I did not think it was likely the Rove machine would roll over so easily (i.e. stealing elections). Perhaps that's a sign of just how deluded one Karl Rove actually became.

2006 is not over. And BushCo. still wants to do Iran.

Some feel that Bush and Cheney (and Rumsfeld, still) and their headcase followers are all the more desperate and dangerous now, backed into such a corner.

It would not surprise me in the least, to see a major terrorist attack on the U.S., or its interests somewhere relatively close to home in the near future. Before the 2008 elections. The NeoCon/Christofascists will then shriek and point fingers at how the Democrats let this atrocity happen.

It would somehow (however outlandishly) be pinned on Iran or its assets and they would have their pretext for war on the Persian nation.

I'm hopeful right now that our nation can at least try and get back on track, but I have no illusions about the extent to which the NeoCons will go to in order to remain in control of this government.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Not going to happen ECK....

It's just not. No matter how bad you want it too. Sorry

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Not going to happen ECK....

It's just not. No matter how bad you want it too. Sorry

Not many people saw 9-11 coming. Even fewer people thought we would ever stand by while congress and the administration eviscerated our constitution in the name of safety, either.

Sadly, all it takes for a nation to take the bait (i.e. an attack on Iran) is a pretext. Pearl Harbor: WW2; Gulf of Tonkin: Vietnam; 9-11: Afghanistan; supposed WMD: Iraq.

We have a larger than normal Naval armada cruising the waters of the Gulf. If one of those ships was to come under attack, it would give Bush all the pretext he would need to go after Iran. Any number of things could happen to trip that switch.

Sorry to inform you, I do NOT want our nation even thinking about attacking Iran. That would be far more stupid and disasterous than invading and trying to occupy Iraq.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I agree that the taking of congress was a big surprise even for the Democrats. This will put a stop of Bush plans, but I also believe that something major could happen and that now more than ever the war profiteers will be looking for ways to finish what they started.

I believe that many Americans that otherwise will not even thing about Democrats did voted for them because they also has seen how in danger our nation was with not control of checks and balances.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree that the taking of congress was a big surprise even for the Democrats. This will put a stop of Bush plans, but I also believe that something major could happen and that now more than ever the war profiteers will be looking for ways to finish what they started.

That is my main concern. Some big attack on our interests or forces, or inside the U.S., pinned on Iranian assets would throw our country right back into panic/attack mode.

Bush, unfortunately, is absolutely foolish enuff to attack Iran.

That is the last thing on earth he needs to get our country into.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
2006 is not over. And BushCo. still wants to do Iran.

Tick-Tock mi amigo. It was a reasonable guess to make, but at this point it's too late for an invasion, and the only way Bush will get it from here on out is to wipe his secret side with the War Powers Act and hope that the generals do what he says despite the protests of congress and the SCOTUS.

I'm hopeful right now that our nation can at least try and get back on track, but I have no illusions about the extent to which the NeoCons will go to in order to remain in control of this government.

You're a little too scared of this administration. Stick a fork in 'em, they're done. They can't be reelected, they can't go to war after the new congress takes office, they can't do anything.

Suppose they nuke New York and blame it on Iran, or they gas Cleavland on November 7th, or whatever. Guess who decides who holds the presidency until elections results can be obtained. The congress. All an 11/7/08 attack would do is make Wesley Clark the first interim president ever appointed by congress for lack of a president elect ready to take office.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Bush is not going to attack Iran, not now and not in 2007, unless something drastic happens like Iran going on the offensive. However you should all know that the President does not need permission from the congress to go to war. He can legally go to war or commence hostilities for 60 days without any sort of resolution or declaration from the congress. Should that 60 day deadline pass the President can request an additional 30 days from congress for a safe withdrawal of forces, all this still without a resolution or declaration.

Something to think about, the Gulf War took 42 days from start to finish...

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
President does not need permission from the congress to go to war. He can legally go to war or commence hostilities for 60 days without any sort of resolution or declaration from the congress.

My husband was gone for 18 months when the first gulf war, so for me it was a long waiting.

But you are right, he can command his troops to do anything in the world without congress approval and by the time he can convince the public that what he is doing is valid and get enough popular approval congress due to political reasons will not denied any financial help, after all the troops are American, children, parents and love one, you all know how the BS goes.

We have to support them even if we do not like what bush does.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

However you should all know that the President does not need permission from the congress to go to war.

We all know about the War Powers Act of 1973 (I hope), but it's only partially relevant.

The Gulf War DID NOT last 42 days from start to finish.

American forces began entering Saudi Arabia on 7 August, 1990. The forces deployed in the first two months are generally not considered to have been sufficient to repel an Iraqi invasion.

This means that the war powers act would expire before a sufficient invasion force was assembled because the act reads:

(c) The constitutional powers of the President as Commander-in-Chief to introduce United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, are exercised only pursuant to (1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization, or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.

(emphasis mine)

Section 4 a 3 also clearly indicates that the resolution applies to any deployment that substantially increases US combat ready forces in any foreign nation.

The minute troops start arriving in country, the clock starts ticking. Bush could bomb the snot out of Iran, but he can't invade them.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well, as for the original premise of this thread, time is running out. Three weeks left and counting...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
maybe a terrorist group connected with iran will attack the u.s which will then start a war? im not totally sure but i think i remeber seeing on t.v after the israel vs. hezzbollah, that hezzbollah has groups working in the united states.Im not sure, i just think thats what i herd.

I hope before any bombs are dropped either here or there..that jesus and the good et's come and save me.Keep hope alive!

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If it's going to happen in 2006, it needs to be done quickly.

I don't think it's going to happen this year and possibly never, unless Iran nukes Israel.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
That is my main concern. Some big attack on our interests or forces, or inside the U.S., pinned on Iranian assets would throw our country right back into panic/attack mode.

Bush, unfortunately, is absolutely foolish enuff to attack Iran.

That is the last thing on earth he needs to get our country into.

So....
What exactly are you basing all this stuff on?

Just curious

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So....
What exactly are you basing all this stuff on?

Just curious

Probably all the talks to leak from Washington DC, the pentagon and the neo-cons think tanks.

They want to draw attention out of Iraq and regain the popular support for the war on terror. So going after Iran, bombing his nuclear installations and bombing the leadership should revive the support, but IMO they need a false-flag operation to do that.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
In other words you're just basing this on your own gut feeling and not any credible evidence.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

In other words you're just basing this on your own gut feeling and not any credible evidence.

You mean the leaks from white house and the think tanks?

Here it is:
Fred Barnes hopes the "lame Duck" Bush bombs Iran on the way
IAEA protests "erroneous" U.S. report on Iran
Iran a 'major threat', says Blair
Iran complains to U.N. of Israeli threats to bomb it
Israelis Crank Up Volume on Total War Mantra
Military Orders Suggest Iran Attack
Senior intel official: Pentagon moves to second-stage planning for Iran strike option
ect...
They want to go there and they say it since 1979. Now they have their pretext: The War on terror.

Or the evidence of how they will achieve their goals? Look at what they did to invade afghanistan and Iraq: 9/11.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
ladies and gentlemen , welcome to 2007
( no invasions for 31 months )

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

However you should all know that the President does not need permission from the congress to go to war.

We all know about the War Powers Act of 1973 (I hope), but it's only partially relevant.

The Gulf War DID NOT last 42 days from start to finish.

American forces began entering Saudi Arabia on 7 August, 1990. The forces deployed in the first two months are generally not considered to have been sufficient to repel an Iraqi invasion.

This means that the war powers act would expire before a sufficient invasion force was assembled because the act reads:

(c) The constitutional powers of the President as Commander-in-Chief to introduce United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, are exercised only pursuant to (1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization, or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.

(emphasis mine)

Section 4 a 3 also clearly indicates that the resolution applies to any deployment that substantially increases US combat ready forces in any foreign nation.

The minute troops start arriving in country, the clock starts ticking. Bush could bomb the snot out of Iran, but he can't invade them.

Vagabond, your post is quite astute. That is precisely why I asked you to work with me on the Council. Glad to hear from you on this subject.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Well, as for the original premise of this thread, time is running out. Three weeks left and counting...

Not really. The only reason I say that is the Democrats took over congress. That threw a total wet army blanket over the NeoCon dream of invading, bombing and overthrowing the regime in Iran.

Honestly, I see this is a rare miracle from God (or perhaps our national stay of execution... for now).

This thread lives.. because so does this issue.

A second battle group has been moved into the persian gulf. This ain't near over...

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join