It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ghost story, from a non-believer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've never believed in ghosts, or spirits. I've allways thought of them as being figments of peoples imaginations.

I confess, I felt anyone who claims they saw a ghost must have a mental glitch that could be problematic in the future.

That is, until now.

I was in bed, my cat Smokey was sleeping on the foot of my bed.
I woke up with Smokeys claws in my leg, and him hissing and yowling at something near my door. At first, I thought Smokey was hissing at one of the other cats.
I looked over towards the door, and saw something transparent, white, and spherical. It was bright, as if it had its own light source, but it didnt illuminate the room at all. It was aproximately the size of a tennis ball.
I cleared my eyes, assuming this was just a bit of dead skin floating behind the lense of my eye.
It moved in an S pattern through the room. It started from the door frame, and exited straight through the wall beside my bed.
Smokey watched it with me along its entire path.

Normally, I would have just assumed it was a visual trick that I would comprehend better when I woke up. You know, like the dead skin behind the lense of my eye, or something to do with refraction of light through the window.

But the problem is, it was clearly in the center of the room, and not simply projected onto one of the walls. And my cat watched and hissed at it the whole time.

Well, I'm still not really a believer in ghosts, I'm trying to figure out a simple explanation behind this, but I cant seem to.
Science tells me to attempt to disprove everything about a concept, before chancing that it could be correct... and I cant seem to disprove this one yet.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It sounds like ball lightning. Here's some info about the phenomena in Wikipedia:

Ball Lightning

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'd rule out the ball lightning theory considering its S path through your room and the transparency of the object. You also said it gave off no illumination.

I would have to say you saw some form of orb or other form of "ghostly" energy. Animals seem to have the same reaction to this as yours did.

Seeing is believing. You be the judge if you want to believe what you saw

Cheers!!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You are a perfect example of what I always say ....

Those who don't believe in ghosts only disbelieve until 'it'
happens to them. Then they are amazed. Kinda opens
up whole new worlds of spiritual possibilities, doesn't it?
Kinda freeing in a way.... to see something for the first
time and to know that there is more going on around us
than we usually see.

I'm happy for you.

(MY problem ... I've always had ghostly encounters.
I'm haunted. And no, it's not a mental health thing,
because others encounter things (like spooks) when
they are around me. They also have the experiences.
I wish it would go away.)

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Maybe it was the 3rd eye of a person? You couldnt see his body, the same with you he could see your 3rd eye but not your body. I read something about this. Its like your spirit or something. So it was a spirit floating around and the spirit is energy so you seen the ball of energy.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Interesting theories, all of them.

Still not sure what it was exactly, but I wrote every detail I could remember down so that it doesnt get askewed in my memory. I can now do a little reading and correlate what I saw, with other things I find.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'll say Im open minded on this subject. about 6 years ago I bought a house which had been abandoned for a long time. My feeling was as if someone was murdered or killed in this place, well I immediatly felt a presence and could see an outline of a dark figure in the dark.

On my bedroom door was just a iron grate . It had a 5 inch space at the bottom to the floor.

one night I awoke chilled to the bone , cold, never been that scarred before even with a gun at my head.

I looked though and saw this shadow being and looked at the space below the brate and could see definition in the hsaped darkness. it was darker that dark as light creep in slightly through a room across from mine

scarry #, still gives me chills

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It seems like some form of Spirit, to me.

Ball lightening is a NATURAL phenomena and usually occurs outside, scientists use this 'Ball Lightening' to explain UFO sightings.

A psychic told me that orbs, balls of light in my room, and house, are loved ones. Family, friends, that have 'passed over', and are coming for a 'visit'.

Recent death in the family? Past 2 years?
Maybe, it was them?
Does someone in your family, instantly pop into mind, it was probably them.........go with your instincts on this one.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well I will try to explain this as scientifically as I can.
A theory I have that we exist n multi- layered dimensions.
Each dimension is able to interact with other dimensions.
Most commonly it’s the higher dimensions interacting
with the lower ones. Here is what it would look like
if we could physically see the lines.

(====[++++[~~~~2d~~~~]3d++++]4d====)

As you can see each lower dimension is physically located within the others. So we can interact with 1d and 2d and ourselves. Just for arguments sake I’m making the 4th dimension
the ethereal plane. Now theoretically they would be able to interact with all dimensions existing in their own. So they would be able to interact with us in the 3rd. But how can some people see them and other not? Well my theory on this is that we each have a unique frequency that is unique enough to identify ourselves as individuals but close enough to enable interaction with our own dimensional inhabitants. Possibly when a person has an experience that is traumatic or unusual that alters their perception and frequency a bit. We would then see more things that are always around us just at a higher frequency then we were able to perceive. Chemicals are also able to affect our biology as they affect our chemical balances. Some studies have shown that our brainwave patterns change when on some chemicals as well as traumatic experiences. As for going into the ability to physically go into another dimension, I would think its as simple as changing your frequency to match theirs. Only problem so far is that how do you possibly map a frequency that is individually unique? And the possibility of if you are able to change it , that you are no longer yourself as you've changed your frenquecy.. your uniqueness. If you were able to find a single unique frequency that isn't being used in that dimension, would you still be you though?

Please feel free to U2U me anytime if you wish to discuss, argue, complain about things I've posted

-Aza

top topics

join