It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix has you......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I thought that this would be the appropriate place to post this topic. I don't know if any of you heard about this but I would like your opinion on how deep the rabbit hole goes on this one. Some of you might be familiar with the movie trilogy the matrix. It revolutionized the thinking of a lot of people and became a blockbuster hit. However I heard some where that this story was STOLEN!!!

In fact it the story of the matrix and the story of terminator were both one story broken up and feed to the public. The real writer of these epics in American culture was written by a woman named Sophia Stewart back in the 80's. I just heard about this today and would like to see if anyone else on the board has heard about this.

If this is true then I think that it is really sad and the makers should pay royalties to this woman

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I took the blue pill so I really don't know.

I have heard that the story was stolen though. I've been meaning to look into it and see what that was all about but got sidetracked (as usual) by life.

I hope this thread can delve into it a bit, simply because it would save me from having to research it on my own.

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
wasn't the matrix made by some japanese guy?
didn't it start out as a comic book or something?
man..this is wack...i should of said i wrote the book about 9/11 and 7/7,saying that they were supposed to be at the same time but got broken up and happened seperately?

i don't get what i just said

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here is a letter from her:

The following is a letter from Sophia Stewart...

I want the people to know that the defendants have not only defrauded me… but with this great deception the entire world has been made a victim to this scam… the Matrix movies and Terminator series are global and historical… history has to be put right… my work is very important… just as important as the writer H.G. Well’s work… my work must be continued to make an impact upon the world and only I… being the real creator can duplicate the success of this great body of work… it does not matter the color of my skin… the beauty of the work speaks for me… and it also reveals my soul… who I am and why I wrote the Matrix and Terminator… I wrote the Matrix(which is the evolution of consciousness) to awaken the masses… but the lies and illusions of the Hollywood studios continued to keep everyone locked into the Matrix… the illusions are ongoing with their webs of machinery… the case will be heard in September, 2005… and if it is not settled before then… the world is soon to know the truth… and the truth of the matter is that these defendants are “Big Fat Liars”… the fallout will be huge… these people’s reputations are never going to be the same… they will never work in Hollywood again… they will lose face and respect… no one will buy their products or want to work with them ever again… and the companies they own will take stock hits… all because of greed and theft… and they have brought all of this on themselves… the lesson here is... the same one Martha Stewart and the Enron CEO had to learn and that is “No one is above the law”… the law applies to all… if you steal… then you will have to pay… and that you lose more than honor when you steal from the very people who are giving you their money and trust… the record has to be set straight… this work is in honor of God…. Some men upon the Earth give honor unto other men… but with my work I honor God with it… this is Divine Justice… man cannot steal from God… it is written in the scripture Samuel 1:5 chapter 9th verse!

Edit for more info:

From an interview she said when she first saw the movie back in '99, she witnessed blatant theft and plagiarism from her script, 'The Third Eye' written and copywritten back in 1983. Soon after, she contacted the denfendents informing them she was aware of the theft and demanded for credit and compensation for what soon became the most successful movie franchise to date. Not too long after, Warner Bros. allegedly began releasing versions of The Matrix edited from the 2 hour and 40 minute original.

Source: www.sophiaoracle.com...

[edit on 2-1-2006 by DaTruth]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I could believe it, but the basic premise of the movie is a brain in a vat thought experiment that's been around for ages. Maybe just another incident of the global consciousness manifesting in more than one place at one time...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedeemingSpirit
I could believe it, but the basic premise of the movie is a brain in a vat thought experiment that's been around for ages. Maybe just another incident of the global consciousness manifesting in more than one place at one time...

I would go with that explination if they didn't try to pay her off

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
wow! I wish the book wasn't 100$ so I could check for myself. Why so much? She could have an ebook for 5$ or something. oh well.

I believe in that global consciousness, Speilberg stole many of my best ideas like that. lol

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If you are interested in the subject please read this book :

the code to the Matrix is a free download :

www.scribd.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's Pretty Funny when People say that some movie stole my idea. Nobody Owns Ideas sometimes they just pop into your head. But at the same time it might pop into many peoples heads at the same time. Like the "100th (Hundredth) Monkey Theory"

Most Movie Concepts are intertwined it's not really about the Concept it's more how well do you tell the story and make it real for the Viewer.

I'm sure the Matrix Brothers have never heard of this lady

top topics

join