It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2006

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
5.2 BANDA SEA
Depth 71 km
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
5.2 LA RIOJA, ARGENTINA
Depth 141.2 km
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
5.1 BANDA SEA
Depth 105.2 km
earthquakes.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
5.0 CERAM SEA, INDONESIA
Depth 14.3 km
earthquakes.usgs.gov...

Helmutt look like the 7.5 was downgraded to a 6.2 .

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie

Helmutt look like the 7.5 was downgraded to a 6.2 .

How can they mistake a 6.2 for a 7.5?!? Wow, that's a big difference!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
5.3 ANDREANOF ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN IS., ALASKA
Dept 3 km
earthquake.usgs.gov...

another one

[edit on 8/7/2006 by rai76]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
They´ve inserted a magnitude 6.3 quake

USGS

BTW, depth was only 7 km.

And I agree, how can they say 7.5 and then 6.3 or 6.2? That´s a big difference.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Ptolomeo]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
5.2 EASTERN SIBERIA, RUSSIA
Depth 33 km
www.emsc-csem.org...

5.0 NORTHERN SUMATERA, INDONESIA
Depth 94 km
www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hmm...take a look at this list for today:
www.aeic.alaska.edu...

Do I see a 7.47 mag. correctly? And where are those two mag 6's at? I've refreshed the page three times already (I got to the page at 04:00 PM AKDT) and I still see the mag 7.47.

The West Coast & Alaska Tsunami Warning Center is reporting a 6.7 and I don't see two mag 6's either.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DearWife

The West Coast & Alaska Tsunami Warning Center is reporting a 6.7 and I don't see two mag 6's either.

Go to the USGS and you can see the two 6.0+ quakes.

Notice that they are only a minute apart, but a considerable difference in depth.

6.2 2006/07/08 20:40:04 51.263-179.303 48.3ANDREANOF ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN IS., ALASKA
6.3 2006/07/08 20:39:59 50.967-179.217 7.0ANDREANOF ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN IS., ALASKA

[edit on 7/9/2006 by Fringefellow]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fringefellow
Notice that they are only a minute apart, but a considerable difference in depth.

This one grabbed my eye this evening. Saw all the 4.5+ and scrolled down to see how early they started, it was these two just before lunch.

A note tho, of these two, they are not even a minute apart, but only 5 seconds, yet a depth difference of just over 41km.

NN

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ptolomeo

And I agree, how can they say 7.5 and then 6.3 or 6.2? That´s a big difference.

Take a minute to read some of the other information at USGS and you will see that it is explained. The first reporting is raw data from a sensor. You will also get multiple postings of quakes that appear like a swarm that are readings from other sensors. When the data is compiled... usually a few hours later, the original earthquake will be downgraded.

Lots of good links to research data at this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My biggest concern is how quiet the California Area is considering todays activity on the Ring

www.iris.washington.edu...

Volcanoes erupting part of all these little earthquakes in Alaska?
Its right here, in case you missed it

PHOTO

Here is more DID YOU FEEL IT?

Here is a good one that puts it in perspective,

MAGNITUDE

notice the number per day of each intensity. Kinda interesting

[edit on 9-7-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Fringefellow - Thanks for the info. I was just wondering why that particular site I went to didn't record the two 6's as it was being constantly updated. Does that particular site get reviews from a seismologist?

My biggest concern is how quiet the California Area is considering todays activity on the Ring

Maybe it's so quiet because I'm here.

No, but seriously, I've been feeling very uncomfortable here. I don't know what it is that is going to happen, but I feel something big is coming. And to tell you all the truth...if I could, I would move as far away from Cali as I can.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Ah I see... hmmmm special powers eh? COOL ummm can I get you to move to Yellowstone?

To all you earthquake watchers out there... let me ask you one question... are any of you ready with a "quick escape kit" in case the big one hits YOUR neck of the woods?

In theory you should be, considering you will most likely know ahead of time. Just food for thought

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

To all you earthquake watchers out there... let me ask you one question... are any of you ready with a "quick escape kit" in case the big one hits YOUR neck of the woods?

Maybe this thread would be of interest?
Earthquake Planning - New Madrid Region (by Indy)

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
5.2 ANDREANOF ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN IS., ALASKA
Depth 51.8 km
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Ah I see... hmmmm special powers eh? COOL ummm can I get you to move to Yellowstone?

You know, I was thinking that very thing yesturday, moving to Wyoming...then I remembered that's where yellowstone is. And nope...no special powers. I was just putting my two cents in. Maybe I should have used a cheesy smile instead.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
5.0 MAURITIUS - REUNION REGION
Depth 33 km
www.emsc-csem.org...

5.1 KURIL ISLANDS, RUSSIA
Depth 2 km
www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   

In theory you should be, considering you will most likely know ahead of time. Just food for thought

Yep, I am good for a while....... My biggest concern is when all the folks leave the big city and start to find their way out to my neck of the woods in the mountains looking for help ( food and such).......

I figure on about three weeks or more depending on the scale of an event before people start showing up.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join