It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold on to your faith. It's in for a bumpy ride.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I did a search before making this post but I didnt find one match so I thought i bring this movie up.

"The God Who Wasn't There is going to feel like a knife to the heart for those who subscribe to Christianity without thought."
DVD Talk

www.thegodmovie.com...
www.thegodmovie.com...

www.thegodmovie.com... THIS ONES HILAROUS!!!

Bowling for Columbine did it to the gun culture.

Super Size Me did it to fast food.

Now The God Who Wasn't There does it to religion.

I think this personally is wrong. This will damage some peoples faiths that they hold dear to there hearts.

What this movie is trying to do is prove that Jesus was not real, I admit that I do attack Christianity from a historical side on how there books were written and why but I never believe Jesus was not real, in fact he is one of my idols. I do not believe he was god in human form since he said he was not, but i can see why the people in those days did think he was god on earth with all the things he did.

But I think this is pushing it to far, I mean this was 2000 years ago, and I believe that Jesus will not return but another messiah type in a way we would never think will come and enlighten man.

But this comes natural since my family tree has templars in it (yeh come and kill me you wrenched demons)

[edit on 31-12-2005 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This will not make christians not believe in christianity. They have no proof as of yet to believe yet they still do. There is nothing that will make christians not believe even if we had proof that god doesn't or never has existed. We need these beliefs to keep order otherwise there would be mass chaos.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
well, it's interesting in a way, for all those who try to push "god" and "jesus" on all those who don't believe, it seems only expected that atheists such as myself would come out with such a thing. Now, just becuase i don't believe doesn't make it right for me to put down other people's beliefs, that is their right.

but it does seem interesting.....i often think of the bible and christians in a whole as like the telephone game when most of us were in kindergarden.

you put 5 kids/teens/adults together, and speak ONE SENTENCE into a person's ear on the end, and by the time it has reached the other end, it is comepletely different, or at least WAYY OFF the point.

this is how i relate the bible from my point of view. I believe that jesus was probably a real man, but hardly a god....people back then, and even now, need something to look forward to, something to believe in, but if you look at things now, how many versions of the bible are there?

if the bible is god's word, then which version is correct?

none....mainly becuase for over 2,000 years, it has been subject to re-writes, interpretation, and subjective views by those who choose to follow it...molding it into thier own beliefs and faiths that fit what they think others should follow. and so we are here now. It should be expected that there will be those who choose to put out a video debunking christ...real or not, it should at least be tolorated for "belief's" or "faith's" sake.....just as most believe, there should be those permitted to speak out in opposition.

as long as it is done peacfully and without persecution.

as far as i'm concerned, jesus was way ahead of his time....he could have thrown one hell of a rock concert with all that hair...

headbangers ball baby!!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I know but I was refering to many who will believe it. Right now many people are starting to as of late doubt there beliefs more and more as society becomes more materialistic and there god is starting to become technology itself.

There wouldnt be mass chaos it be hell since it be like the soviet union ...

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
well, it's interesting in a way, for all those who try to push "god" and "jesus" on all those who don't believe, it seems only expected that atheists such as myself would come out with such a thing. Now, just becuase i don't believe doesn't make it right for me to put down other people's beliefs, that is their right.

but it does seem interesting.....i often think of the bible and christians in a whole as like the telephone game when most of us were in kindergarden.

you put 5 kids/teens/adults together, and speak ONE SENTENCE into a person's ear on the end, and by the time it has reached the other end, it is comepletely different, or at least WAYY OFF the point.

this is how i relate the bible from my point of view. I believe that jesus was probably a real man, but hardly a god....people back then, and even now, need something to look forward to, something to believe in, but if you look at things now, how many versions of the bible are there?

if the bible is god's word, then which version is correct?

none....mainly becuase for over 2,000 years, it has been subject to re-writes, interpretation, and subjective views by those who choose to follow it...molding it into thier own beliefs and faiths that fit what they think others should follow. and so we are here now. It should be expected that there will be those who choose to put out a video debunking christ...real or not, it should at least be tolorated for "belief's" or "faith's" sake.....just as most believe, there should be those permitted to speak out in opposition.

as long as it is done peacfully and without persecution.

as far as i'm concerned, jesus was way ahead of his time....he could have thrown one hell of a rock concert with all that hair...

headbangers ball baby!!

LOL Thats what my friend said yesterday "Way ahead of his time."

Yeh I get what your saying also, Religion (Faith, Belief) is fairly new to mans history. Long before Islam, long before Christianity, there was Zoroastrianism! Which is shockingly similar to Islam and Christianity. I see theres some kind of conspiricy?

But before that alot of things were common to man like God, and way of life and how you lived was more important for example was nothing new he was just there and everyone knew since who knows the Garden (Bible, Kolbrin.ect) might of been real and the stories passed down (telephone) came out over time distorted and if we can some how put aside all our beliefs and faiths for maybe a few minutes we can maybe can connect the dots and find some true meaning to life and god.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
definetly...i got you on that one...

as far as i'm concerned, it's religion in any form that divides us...but mostly christianity...we preach so much on what "god" should do and what "god" says is the only way to live your life..

life is heaven and hell.

heaven is what you make it, hell is what you go through to get to heaven.
I believe that we are spirits, and we cannot attain our "enlightenment" and move on until we learn to love one another and live in peace....that is why we continue to come back in a different life, learning new experiences, until our spirit decides we are ready to continue to wherever it is we go from here.

A mystical god shouldn't rule our own thoughts, it may work as guidlines for some, but when you take them to the extreme and start trying to convert those who aren't "in", then you are just as bad as those who say we should all die because we don't believe in your god....

why don't we all just drop the ego's and the hatred for one-another and learn from each other? because somene would lose money.

your right, it eventually comes down to technology and monetary gain.
no matter what we think, or feel, someone will always think they are better, faster, or stronger than you reguardless if it is true.

peace, love..fried chicken.

the u.s. way of life.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hahahaha man you have the right idea and seem to well aware of the world around you, and do you know who are actually the ones who are really better but never admit it? Those monks that live in the mountians and stuff, they know something I tell you >_>

Besides that you're belief on how reincarnation works is similar to the old Buddhist teachings (Before they made him a divine and mixed it with hindu), the modern is like we come back as tigar or something. But I believe all religous meaning in the very beginning was not meant to devide humans but to unite but then over time when we translated manuscript to doctrine we get people putting practically "this is what I think" or "this is what it should be"

In other case.
IMO Jesus never intended his teachings to become a religion and this is something the Templars believed and this is why they were charged with spiting on the cross because they denied him as there savior, if you read the
"WOW Kolbrin" thread one of my post has a lot of explaning on who the templar were. I mention them since they were badasses and the church really hated them. This was also because the pope owed the Templar so much money and the templar knights were practically the first big bank during the crusades and on. So the pope and king of france thought if they got ride of the templars they would kill the debt and all the money they borrowed never existed XD.

If you get what I am saying its just that the church has a long history of such things. You can not denie the fact it was corrupt and cheated and did many bad things to get what they want. Today though its mellow and there changing what there book says and I dont know if it even makes sense anymore?

EXAMPLE
Old meaning (from the top of my head)
Oh great one does a baby who is not born not go to heaven?
Lord responed No he goes to limbo YARRR

Today (it went kinda like this)
Oh the lord meant they go to heaven OH THE POPE HE HAS HEARD THE WORD OF GOD!!! IT IS TRUE SOMEONE 600 YEARS AGO MISREAD THE LORDS WORDS THEY ARE INCORRECT AND BURNING IN HELL AT THIS MOMENT FOR THERE HORIBLE INSULT TO THOU LORD!!!!

XD

I just had to bring that one up oh well sorry if i insulted anyone but its sad its true...

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The God Who Wasn't There

I think this movie will be finding space on my DVD shelf. Thanks, trIckz!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
yeah, i'm definetly up for a new flick myself...i'm gonna have to see that one...

it's just amazing that now more than ever most of the people in our country are pushing this "christian right", yet they directly oppose what they stand for in their bible by attacking (not literally) others when they have a difference of opinion, or when someone who doesn't believe tries to establish a seperation of church, state, government, and whatnot...sad really.

talk about hypocrits...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz

Awesome analogy. Don't forget "Fahrenheit 9-11 did it to the World Trade Center attack". Like Michael Moore, I expect Robert Price to be true to form and meet his agenda. The guy, along with a few collegues, managed to "discover" what parts of the Bible were true based on a scientific formula for confirming every line of the Gospels that they even followed some of the time, unless there was something in there they really liked. The end result? Jesus was a college professor, not this savior person 99% of Christian scholars -- believers and non -- think Him to be represented.

Will I watch this? Yeah, because I'm sure many of his half truths will start popping up here on ATS the day it is released. Will I enjoy it? You bet, just about as much as a kick to the teeth.

[edit on 1/2/06/02 by junglejake]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz

Awesome analogy. Don't forget "Fahrenheit 9-11 did it to the World Trade Center attack". Like Michael Moore, I expect Robert Price to be true to form and meet his agenda. The guy, along with a few collegues, managed to "discover" what parts of the Bible were true based on a scientific formula for confirming every line of the Gospels that they even followed some of the time, unless there was something in there they really liked. The end result? Jesus was a college professor, not this savior person 99% of Christian scholars -- believers and non -- think Him to be represented.

Will I watch this? Yeah, because I'm sure many of his half truths will start popping up here on ATS the day it is released. Will I enjoy it? You bet, just about as much as a kick to the teeth.

Well the Gospels would always say something different from what happen during the birth of Jesus. The most famous one is the Gospel of Luke.

Plus F911 I laughed so hard and some liberals were calling me names during the film omg so funny!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Im With Jungle Jake on this one. Ive seen it before (not the movie but this same deal) Someone takes a few half arsed stabs in the dark and makes a few educated guesses and backs them up with half thought out reasoning that is new and inovative. So new no one takes teh time to question it they just let someone else make up their mind for them.

This will do nothing but stir up commotion. This is made by the same people puting out the movie "The Beast" which is TBR june 6 2006 spooky 666. It is suppsoed to go into "Jesus never existed" and even fromt eh movie website they have flase info and generalizations along with half truths. These are just soem guys with a voice and money. and a dislike of christians.

And for the record

Jesus Loves you!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Mizar, the difference in this case is that Robert Price does this professionally for a living, and does it well. He is remarkably similar to Michael Moore and other idological spin artists in that they compose information in such a way as to force an emotional response causing you to believe not because the facts are on their side, but because you're so shocked and disgusted with the other side's views that you can't hold them. If someone uneducated on Christ's life, both the pros and cons for his existance (a non-question for most theologans, archaeologists and historians. Those who don't believe Christ ever existed seem to wind up in the Jesus Seminar or here on ATS
) and the like were to see the movie, it is very possible if Price spins it correctly that people will hold his words as closely to their hearts as people now do Dan Brown's novel.

Edit: One other thing. I can assure you that in the spin you will feel like, after the film, you are an idiot for believing in Christ, and that it's blatantly obvious that He never existed. Again, not because the facts are on the side of the spinster, but because of the emotional response based on how his views vs. his opposition's views will be portrayed. Words: marked.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For the record, I am a Spiritual Anarchist.

The only thing this movie is going to do is reinforce the persecution complex of the Christian right-wingers. They are going to hang on their crosses and gripe about how terrible they are being persecuted for their beliefs. This movie will not harm them, if anything, It will make them stronger.

They will demand new laws to protect their viewpoint and force that viewpoint onto the rest of us.

This movie is wrong on so many levels its hard to begin, but begin I must.

Mankind will never stop the killing, the hate and the intolerance until we start working together to accept each other, regardless of our beliefs. Tearing each others faith apart and putting our brothers and sisters down will not stop the terrible things we do in the name of God. If anything, it will make matters worse.

Every human being has the right to believe whatever the hell they want to believe and all the ridicule, hate and propaganda will not change that.

We will never change the world for the better by tearing each other down. Its only when we overcome these pathetic differences and start working together that true light will lead us all to a better place.

I pray for that day.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well if you are comparing this to the Bowling for Columbine then surely it is not worth the plastic it was printed on. (Makes me wish military service was mandatory for voting rights in this country- how quick we forget our history and the role of FREE MEN and their firearms- that ilk makes me sick)

End result of this caca on our society is a bunch of un-original Lemmings spouting excrement out of the wrong end as if they have done anything more siginificant than blow 2 or so hours being zombified in front of a box to accept this fiction as fact handed down by Gawd himself.

And if some moron wants to deny Jesus was a real person that lived and taught about 2000 years ago - so be it- they can now officially use MORON for a title- just like the folks dening the holocaust- we have better evidence of both than us landing on the moon.

About the only thing i see here for any real debate is I F Jesus was who he and others said he was.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Dan Brown he gets all his sources from Gnostic text of sorts for the divinci code, and his other books were just insane. Like that one Digital Fortress or whatever the poeple in the book were so retarded I feel insulted just reading it (well I am being alittle sarcastic but they werent the brightest)! Same with Michael Moore that fat# pisses me off, plus I think he knows what he says is wrong.

Like that one Oregen Highway patrol officer guy didnt even know what the video was about and he didnt know it was for some F911 (Funny movie by the way) hogwash. He was tricked into thinking it was a documentry on some type of highway patrol thing and all he got was 100$....

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
allrighty then,so if God isn't real (according to this movie) then riddle me this batman. Think long before this world existed, long before this whole galaxy and universe existed, long before any aliens or distant univereses far far away existed, long before anything, anywhere ever existed. When all tha was out there was blankness. Nothing out here. Once you get that picture in yor head, then try to answer this question.Where did the very first atom,proton,electron, neutron, or any life and material bearing particle come from? The very,very,very,very,very,very first. The one that started it all, the one that every thing everywhere descended down from. Where did it come from, if a higher being did not create it? Did it pop into air out of no were? Highly unprobable.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Why hasn’t anyone replied can you not think of a good enough answer? I would like to hear some of the answers to my question. please

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If there were truly an absolute nothingness and no one can accept that just perhaps the quantum nature of reality just alway's existed ... Then where did god come from and how can you accept that he just always existed? There's no indication that there is a god in today's world. He doesn't do any of the genocide's he commited in the bible, yet today's world is 100x worse then those cities and culture's he destroyed. Most of the stories in the bible have utterly no evidence/proof to back them up. The whole jesus is god crap is born of a lie cuz some prostitute commited adultry and didn't want to be stoned to death, IF jesus is even real. Which even that is still highly debatible. Noah's ark ... No evidence of the ark where it supposedly landed. No evidence of world wide flood. Many plant's animals and fish would have died out. Bird's might have possibly died out from starvation without food source's, since it would all be underwater. No explanation for the many isolated species that noah couldn't have possibly gotten too. No evidence/proof that noah even existed. The contradiction of incest being a sin when mankind was born of incest. Genetic problem's would have arisen if adam and eve were the first two inhabitants of this planet. Some stories in the bible are taken literally whereas other's aren't, which all depend's upon which faith you subscribe too. Way too many varieties of creation myth's world wide that are totally unrelated to the biblical creation. Many stories and holidays stolen from previous culture's to integrate those societies into monotheism. Fossil and genetic evidence all point to the human species evolving on this planet, along with every species here. No evidence of any sort of creationism as per described in the bible. Universe is much older then 6,000 years old. Contradiction's of god and his nature are evident all through out the bible. The teaching of unquestioning blind faith keeping the priest's in power is highly suspect. Pedopriest's and rapestpriest's are now more obvious then ever. Vatican being the 'official' word of god type people openly trying to cover up the wrong doing's of the church. God still sitting on his fat lazy arse scratching his crotch doing absolutly nothing, well... probably getting it on with satan and planning the wedding ceremony.

So Mr spaceman... How would you personally explain all this?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Produkt:
The only valid question you are asking Mr Spaceman is "where did God come from?". He/She makes no mention of the Bible or the God spoken about in the Bible, so why would he/she be required to explain all that? Why do people (believers and non-believers) find it so difficult to seperate God from the Bible?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join