It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone trust what Bush says?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
From his speech:
President Bush: Information Sharing, Patriot Act Vital to Homeland Security
Remarks by the President in a Conversation on the USA Patriot Act
Kleinshans Music Hall
Buffalo, New York
April 20th 2004.
Link

there are such things as roving wiretaps. Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires -- a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so. It's important for our fellow citizens to understand, when you think Patriot Act, constitutional guarantees are in place when it comes to doing what is necessary to protect our homeland, because we value the Constitution.

if you continue reading he explains in detail what is allowed

and then in his recent December 17th radio address
link

In the weeks following the terrorist attacks on our nation, I authorized the National Security Agency, consistent with U.S. law and the Constitution, to intercept the international communications of people with known links to al Qaeda and related terrorist organizations. Before we intercept these communications, the government must have information that establishes a clear link to these terrorist networks.

So basically he is admiting to allowing the NSA to circumvent the law that was in place to allow such invasions of privacy. Not to metion, in this 2004 speech he allready had circumvented FISA by allowing the NSA wiretaps. And Does he follow the same constitution and US law that we do? or can he re-write it as he see fits in the name of combating terrorisum?

I really think it is time we stop listeing to Bush prattle on in speeches, when he has shown a history of LYING to everyone. And start looking at his actions and what he has done.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure most people right now don't really pay too much attention to what Dubya says anymore, rather what he does.

He's a war president, security, spying, military, it's his thing. Southern heat.

[edit on 31-12-2005 by the_renegade]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You know that is very good information you have gotten there Jehosephat, I may be in disagreement with you in other topics but on this one I have to say that I am glad you found that piece of information about Bush and his self appointed powers.

I guess when it comes to "Fighting the War on Terror" that he himself created and name it after 9/11 he pretty much became the sole executor of the laws that this country are to be rule by.

funny that is the way I see it, but I am sure that many will disagree with me.

The patriot act was just the door for Bush to do what he seems best for the nation and without the need to ask congress or to upheld the constitution at all.

I guess war on terror means having absolute power to fight it.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Watch the Washington spin machine try and obscure the issue by deflecting to the leakers. That's the real crime ! Oh yeah George, now Al Qaida knows they're being watched. There goes the ball game.

[edit on 31-12-2005 by Schaden]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
And Does he follow the same constitution and US law that we do? or can he re-write it as he see fits in the name of combating terrorisum?

In a more recent quote he said something along the lines of
"screw the constitution its just a piece of paper" ...
Hope that clears up that question.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
President Bush has never had to work a day in his life. "If he did not want to"? G.W. Bush has always been served and he has never been made to serve if he did not want to?
So when he hands the American people a piece of legislation that will allow him and his "Crew" to "Sneak and Peak" into the privacy of our homes? By God, G.W. believes we better sign off on his desires?

The fact is the "Sneak and Peak" Caviot within the Patriot Act is disturbing and to say the least frightening.
One would not know that the Government had enterd their homes and was looking through their underware drawer, medicine cabinet, personal library, refrigerator, personal computer hard drive, etc....all without a warrant and without having to tell you; The home owner? All done in the name of national security.
President Bush would like for you and I to allow his "Crew" to have immunity from prosecution for invading your privacy? President Bush is already telling us that the Laws of the United States of America apply to you but not to him and his "Crew".

The United States Constitution and The U.S. Bill of Rights have become the material that President Bush wipes with?It has become a sad sittuation for the American people? Our President crapps on us and then trys to tell us that the crapp is a mud- slide?
The truth as it be in my opinion is this? Yes we the American people need to establish a reaction plan against terrorism.
However? The founding fathers and framers of the Constitution would not except such callious disregard for the laws of our land that have made and kept America strong. The land of the free.
To continue on the path that we the American people are on is dangerous. Little by little your personal freedoms are being stripped away. Ever read 1984? The authors name escapes me now? Orwell I believe?
To allow G.W. to strip us of our gauranteed Constitutional protections? In my opinion is exactly what the terrorist element wants?
We as an American people must remain strong against all elements desiring to dismantle the United States Constitution? I mean is that not what our sons and daughters,husbands,wives,etc..are currently fighting for? "Our best interest?

G.W. has become so hypocritical and has told so many stories that he has become lost in his own fodder.

We the American people are paying the price?

mod edit, adding paragraphs

[edit on 31-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Oh what a web we weave when we practice to deceive...... sound familiar?
Or how about this one....Don't kill the messanger!.... apparently our esteemed president hasnt heard either of these before. Big suprise...NOT!.
In my opinion this is just another lie in the bigger lie that is this whole damned war on terror. Personally,I feel that Bush and company started 911 on purpose just to usher in the reign of the NWO. but ill not get into that right now. In this specific case Jehosephat you made a good observation...its funny but doesnt bush ever get it that when the cameras are rolling it not only broadcasts what he says and does but they record it for future reference... de dede GWB, Its as if Bush and cheney live in their own little world high above reality. Bush and cheney remind me of the bully who keeps hitting you over and over and over and when you finally snap and hit back, he gets this look of hurt suprise and says "what, I'm not hitting you."
Anyway, back to the point. This lie is not just another random lie brought forth from the white house. All these events that tranpsire that stink to high hell are also not just coincidental...if they were there wouldnt be political and military stratagists...de dede... thats their job.. to plan for every and all possible contigencies!Not that they ever seems to .... there are always a few things that slip through the cracks...hence sites like these spring up.... Great site ATS.. btw...
But even if we were to impeach bush... then what..cheney... and if cheney is outed too then who ...the speaker of the house....i guess my point is until you get rid of the real problem behind the corruption of politics then it matters not who you put in power it will be abused.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yes, you do need a court order for a wiretap to be legal in court. But guess what? We are not prosecuting these people. We are using the information obtained to stop terror attacks. Some would call this battlefield intelligence. Remember it was Al-Queda that made America a battlefield.

I got two words for you...Aldrich Ames. The Clinton administration did not use court ordered wiretaps when they nailed this traitor. Bush is doing the same thing for the sake of national security.

George W. Bush...protecting your butt whether you like it or not!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
the excuse that previous administrations have gotten away with this or that( in this case the roving wiretaps) is NOT a valid excuse for doing it again....de dede...our rights are more important then ANY WAR, ANY president, ANY Single person or place .... I dont care if we are in a state of war or not... our rights and way of life are on the line... and if we comprpomise our values then what the hell are we fighting for?.... nothing.
this whole war on terror is based on ideology..and for us to compromise our ideals means we have already lost the most important part of said war...de dede...
go ahead and marinate on that for a bit.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Trust what DimSon sez?

I pity those who at this late hour are still under his spell.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The simple answer to your question - "Can anyone trust what Bush says" - is a resounding NO.

It's obvious that Bush and his cronies believe they are above the law. I think a more important question would be:

Why did "we, the people" elect him to a second term? I'm sure sociologists could write a book about this aspect, if they haven't already. I do know that most individuals in this country do not even KNOW what the Patriot Act - or for that matter - our Constitution and Bill of Rights say!!

We have become a nation of lazy, self-absorbed "what's in it for me" individuals who think that because our nation has existed for over 200 years - it will continue as it always has. WRONG!!! Once a nation becomes apathetic to what it's government is doing - we are on our way to our own demise.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
BushCo. stole that election. They won nothing.

Have you ever wondered why Bush's so-called capital was blown so fast?

I'd give this president 30% support, tops.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
President George Bush's life so far.

at 18/19 he was laying naked in a coffin with a bunch of other 'young men' whilst masturbating himself and sharing his favourite sexual fantasies to these other 'young men'. This was all being done whilst effigies of a large owls and also the god Pan where in the room. It was his Skull and Bones initiation in college, Yale.

He then became a alchoholic. Took coc aine...at these times None of his business or career moves were ever ever successfull. Even when members of the Vastly Wealthy Bin Laden family bailed him out.

He skipped the Draft and skipped the National Guard and continued failing at life.

He dropped the bottle then some time in his late 30's and 'found god'
and then his dad fixed the Texas Governers job for him, who after he executed more people than any previous governer ran for the white house with non of his own money or contacts, all through a previous president.

He then was elected by a fraud and is therfore not even democratically elected. As the head of the most powerfull superpower the world has ever known he did not know the name of the president of Pakistan who are one of the few world powers with nuclear weapons... he knows him playfully as the 'the general' though some people have said of the record he always gets Musharef and Castro mixed up calling them both 'the general'.

He then invaded another country for oil, but lied to the world about it whilst having strong and more than circumstancial links with 9/11.

Now god even talks to him personally and guides him in his actions that his brain 'Rove' is gone.

so to surmise bush is:

An Alchoholic
An Liar
An Uneducated Unexperianced Diplomat
An Business Failure
An Nepitism Manifestation of Power
An Person with known links to terrorists and their families
An Hullucinating Delusional Narcisist
An Exucutioner and Murderer

Whats there to trust? what could he possibly do to make me trust one word that came out of his mouth? Nothing at all.

I love Americans and America but you are sooo stupid sometimes, you impeach a president over a normal healthy (if unfaithfull) sexual act, though this question is still be asked now when clearly Bush should have had this treatment years ago.

A man cant get a Blow Job from a woman, thats morally repugnant and wrong.... but laying naked in a coffin masturbating infront of other men whilst worshiping owls (mollech?) is ok???? do me a favour and wake up, and also as a nation stop appearing so Hypocritcal.

PS IS BUSH THE ANTICHRIST?????

DO lOOK BELOW AND YOU FIGURE IT OUT I HAVE CHECKED THIS THE MATH AND LANGUAGE ARE CORRECT.

A MUST READ FOR BUSH BASHERS AND LOVERS TOO!

However make your own mind up.... with his other behaviour plus the evidense of the link above, mixed in with the fact that Bush acually believes and has stated that he is very vry important personaly concerning the end times and the Rapture as his prticular Fundementalist Religeons view goes.... well more to say he is than not.... But also just maybe chance?

BUT DO I TRUST HIM! hell no he scares the living s**t out of me.

Regards

Elf

[edit on 1-1-2006 by MischeviousElf] BATS DOH! OWLS I SAY DAMN YOU :-)

[edit on 1-1-2006 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

A man cant get a Blow Job from a woman, thats morally repugnant and wrong.... but laying naked in a coffin masturbating infront of other men whilst worshiping bats is ok????

You make an excellent point, ME.

I believe you meant, owls, tho. Worshipping owls..

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sorry Owls yes not bats... was thinking of another world leader!!! lol

Thanks east Coast Kid!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Very cruel but truth ElF, I guess the time when leaders where appointed by qualifications and self worth has been forgotten for power, greed and money.

But hey we Americans still get to wake up on November every 4 years and dream that we are making a difference.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Sorry Owls yes not bats... was thinking of another world leader!!! lol

Thanks east Coast Kid!

Any time, my friend.

Did anyone catch Bush's speech a week or so ago (from his desk in the Oval office)? It was downright creepy. His hand movements really freaked me out.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
He is a high level politician.

That automatically rules out full trust, by it's definition.
SO I say..
So WHat?

[edit on 1-1-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So are you saying all high-level politicians are other peoples monkeys?

I don't know if I agree with that. If that's your assertion.

Bush certainly is, though.

I think his trips to Crawford are actually brain-washing sessions.

new topics

top topics

join