It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's christian show is anything but

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Let me preface this post by saying I was raised a christian and consider myself to still be a christian, even though I don't go to church. Just to let you know this isn't coming from a right-winger

Newsmax

NBC touts the show as a serious drama about Christian people and the Christian faith. The main character is Daniel Webster, a drug-addicted Episcopal priest whose wife depends heavily on her mid-day martinis.

The network and other press reports state that Webster regularly sees and talks with a very unconventional white-robed, bearded Jesus.

The Webster family is rounded out by a 23-year-old homosexual Republican son, a 16-year-old drug- dealing daughter and a 16-year-old adopted son who is having sex with the bishop’s daughter. Webster’s lesbian secretary is sleeping with his sister-in-law.

According to an article by Religion News Service, the series is written by Jack Kenny, a practicing homosexual, who describes himself as being "in Catholic recovery,” interested in Buddhist teachings about reincarnation, and unsure exactly how he defines God and/or Jesus.

"I don’t necessarily know that all the myth surrounding him (Jesus) is true,” Kenny said at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour.

I checked NBC's "Book of Daniel" page and the synopsis is accurate.

Granted, I have known some flawed people w/ major problems that consider themselves christians, but this is more than a little over the top. I am stoping short at accusing NBC of the anti-christian lable they have been slapped w/ until I see the show. I don't want to fly off the handle until I know what I'm talking about, but it doesn't look good...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What a JOKE. I hope nobody watches that crap.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It's a tv show. Pure fiction. Anyone who watches a TV show and takes it to heart needs to stop and smell the roses from time to time. If anyone doesn't like the show (like me) don't watch it.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well, I for one will watch the first few episodes of the show, and if it is not interesting to me, than I'll just not watch it.

Nakash, why do you consider it crap? Is it because it does not fit what you consider christian? I'm not gonna say more, until I knowmore, but..

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
It's a tv show. Pure fiction. Anyone who watches a TV show and takes it to heart needs to stop and smell the roses from time to time. If anyone doesn't like the show (like me) don't watch it.

ok

In February of 2000, The Lone Gunman series aired on FOX TV. The pilot episode was about a commercial airliner being flown into the World Trade Center Towers 19 mos. before 9/11.
www.rense.com...

www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Looks like a tool. "He sees Jesus! But then again, he is on meds..."

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That show description reads like they told some guy to take every cliche` social group and shove them all into one television program. Seriously, it's shows like this that reassure me I was right in just getting rid of my cable service 3 years ago.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I thought that the show was crap when I thought it was some silly christian values show, now it looks interesting.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I thought that the show was crap when I thought it was some silly christian values show, now it looks interesting.

Man Ngydan, if I still could, I'd vote you for above top secret, just for that.
That was great.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yep, one way to get rid of it is not to watch it. Of course, that is basically true of anything on the "boob tube".

Sometimes I get a real kick out of the so called "watchdog" groups. Remember in the Lion King someone actually was watching the tape slow enough to see the word "sex" in the smoke. I always wonder if this is how some do get their "kicks".

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The homo writer of this show is interested in Buddhism huh?

He could save himself alot of time and trouble if he knew that the Buddha Shakyamuni(or any other authentic Buddha) didn't allow queers to express themselves as such, and still remain as part of the Sangha.

Probably just another case of an ignorant Westerner trying to turn Buddhism into some new-age hippie nonsense.

(Although, there are also serious black-magicians who consciously work to infiltrate and destroy certain Religious Orders, by promoting things such as homosexuality)

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I have to admit that I did set my tivo up to record this. It does feel a bit like someone just trying to tear down religion, but then again I haven't seen the show yet, so I reserve judgement at this point.

The whole seeing and talking the Jesus was done very well by "Rescue Me" last season, and preachers kids out of control [sarcasm]Never heard of that before![/sarcasm] I wonder if there will be anything original in this show, or if it will just be "Queer Eye for the Jesus Guy"

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The homo writer of this show is interested in Buddhism huh?

He could save himself alot of time and trouble if he knew that the Buddha Shakyamuni(or any other authentic Buddha) didn't allow queers to express themselves as such, and still remain as part of the Sangha.

Probably just another case of an ignorant Westerner trying to turn Buddhism into some new-age hippie nonsense.
(Although, there are also serious black-magicians who consciously work to infiltrate and destroy certain Religious Orders, by promoting things such as homosexuality)

Please do not use the term "homo(s)" or "queer(s)", as they are derogetory terms, and insulting not only to the homosexual community, but to myself as well.

And also, homosexuality was/is not looked down upon or forbidden in Buddhism, however, monks are expected to be celibate and restrain from sexual activity.

provided link on the subject

I have little to say, other than, if you must say such things, add that that is what you personally believe.

[edit on 12/28/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've never heard Tamahu get that upset before, not even in talking to me
. I'd be interested in hearing about the links between black magic and homosexuality. That's news to me.

As Tamahu would say, peace.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
lighten up, its tv. i bet you wouldn't be quite as angry if it was about muslims. for all you know there are christians that fit that exact bill, and would feel insulted that you think their situation is ridiculous and untrue.

tv is tv, reality is reality, documentaries are about reality, sitcoms are situational comedy.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Please do not use the term "homo(s)" or "queer(s)", as they are derogetory terms, and insulting not only to the homosexual community, but to myself as well.

Actually, the term "queer" is considered to be politically correct in the 'gay community'.

As far as referring to them as homos, I'm just being nice by limiting my usage of terms to such; as their actions against the Logos Shiva/Shakti(Jehovah-Elohim) are unforgivable.

And also, homosexuality was/is not looked down upon or forbidden in Buddhism, however, monks are expected to be celibate and restrain from sexual activity.

provided link on the subject

That's not what the Buddha Shakyamuni said:

"The pandaka (Pali for "homosexual") had been ordained in a residence of monks. He went to the young monks and encouraged them thus, 'Come all of you and assault me.'

"The monks spoke aggressively, 'Pandaka, you will surely be ... spiritually destroyed. Of what benefit will it be?" ...

He went to some large, stout novices and encouraged them thus, 'Come all of you and assault me.'

The novices spoke, 'Pandaka, you will surely be destroyed. Of what benefit will it be?'

"The pandaka then went to men who tend elephants and horses and spoke to them thus. 'Come all of you and assault me.' The men who tend elephants and horses assaulted him.

"The Blessed One then ordered the monks, 'Behold monks, a pandaka is one who is not to be ordained, ... and (pandakas) who have already been ordained must be made to disrobe."

I have little to say, other than, if you must say such things, add that that is what you personally believe.

Many Lamas, Rinpoches, Tulkus, etc. and Gnostic Masters in touch with schools of occult Buddhism, are well aware of the fact.

Also; from your link:

Dalai Lama:

"Homosexuality, whether it is between men or between women, is not improper in itself. What is improper is the use of organs already defined as inappropriate for sexual contact."; [Non-vaginal sex is] “wrong and against Buddhist ethics."; "It’s part of what we Buddhists call bad sexual conduct. Sexual organs were created for reproduction between the male element and the female element — and everything that deviates from that is not acceptable from a Buddhist point of view."

He is only being nice here.

How can you separate gay-sexuality from homosexuality?

Unless I have intentions(whether suppressed or not) to have sexual type relations with another man, how could I be a homo?

If I love my dad, does that make me gay?

About the vows of chastity:

Buddha asked his disciples the following:

Tell me, O disciples, when is a disciple no longer a disciple?

And Sariputra answered, "The good disciple must not break his vow of chastity. Whosever breaks his vow of chastity is no longer a disciple of Sakyamuni."

Notice how he didn't say 'vow of celibacy'.

This is because in the Buddhist tradition, the exoteric training usually leads to the esoteric Tantrism, including the physical union between Man and Woman; even if it takes years or lives for the bachelor monk to get there.

One who unites sexually with a Tantric partner without ever fornicating(orgasm), is still chaste, though not celibate.

A Buddhist monk is exoterically celibate and chaste, until he or she receives the High Tantric Initiations. He or she then breaks their celibacy, yet still retains their chastity(unless of course they fall due to fornication).

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I've never heard Tamahu get that upset before,

Actually I was calm and collected when I typed that.

Though it does irritate me to see people try to turn Buddhism into some sort of pansy religion(which it is not).

The gay propaganda tries to make it look like anyone who opposes homosexuality, is some sort of Southern Baptist redneck.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Every authentic religion, way before the pale-skin Greek masses popularized it, have condemned homosexuality.

The great Initiates such as Pythagoras, Socrates, Plato, Virgil, Homer, etc. were not into homosexuality.

It was only the Greek multitudes, that eventually fell into this degenerate type of behaviour.

not even in talking to me

Though fanatical 'Christians' aren't much better.

I'd be interested in hearing about the links between black magic and homosexuality. That's news to me.

It is well known in occultism that gay "Tantric" rituals are a very potent source of power for the black magician(see Dion Fortune's "Esoteric Philosophy of Love and Marriage" and "The Problem of Purity").

Aleister Crowley had first hand experience of this.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
And before people start freaking out about what I say, I'd like to address how the cause and effect of homosexuality arises from a karmic viewpoint.

From what I understand, it arises from lifetimes of repeated fornication(whether it be masturbation, or orgasm in the legitimate sexual act between man and woman).

This causes one to eventually return to the Wheel of Samsara in a personality that has homosexual inclinations.

So, in a sense people are "born gay"; but at the same time, it is not part of anyone's inherent nature to be gay, as it is only a result of past degenerate karmic actions(therefore it was their choices that led to it).

So we can only hope that such people would repent and start to sexually regenerate themselves, instead of continuing to create more suffering by violating the Holy Spirit Binah, which is our physical body and sexual force.

In closing I'd like to point out that, it is taught that indulgence in sex leads to degeneration; and that suppression of sex leads to fanaticism; while Transmutation of the sexual force leads to an overall healthy life.

Regards

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well Tamahu, I'm not in the right kind of mood to make a longer more thought out response, I would just like to say, that you do put a great deal of research into your posts.

Not that I agree with you on some things or what some of your research claims, but none the less, you do put alot of work and effort into your posts, and I respect that.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Actually I was calm and collected when I typed that.

, that's scarier than I thought. Getting emotional is easier to comprehend, but I believe you.

Though fanatical 'Christians' aren't much better.

I'm glad I'm not one of those.

It is well known in occultism that gay "Tantric" rituals are a very potent source of power for the black magician(see Dion Fortune's "Esoteric Philosophy of Love and Marriage" and "The Problem of Purity").

Aleister Crowley had first hand experience of this.

Pardon my ignorance, it's the first I've heard of it. I'm not interested in reading the book, but am interested in your assessment of it and where the link between the two lies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join