It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Israel pull another Iraq style nuke site bombing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull

I caught this on the news and was floored that it was this close. IMO it is going to happen before that six months is up that the mossad is calling the worlds attention to. Not wanting to let the chicken-little syndrome set in here, just making an educated guess into a political spectrum I have no experience with, that of the knesset.

Alright lets open the bidding at 4 months and 2 days.

Let's take a guess at how long the Israelis hold off before they go it alone again and hit some sites.

Or, if you like let's have a debate on whether they will in fact do anything.

Let's the free for all begin!!

[edit on 28/12/05 by OneGodJesus]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think it's very possible, Iran might pose a threat to Israel (not to the west however)

Another question is, will they be successful?
Because Iran is probably going to buy Russian military equipment, among other things they might buy a Russian surface-to-air missile complex, the Pechora-2A.
Which has been tested in the Middle East successfully hitting an F-16 fighterjet and a an analogue of a Tomahawk cruise missile.
www.countertyranny.com...

However that's in the second half of 2006, if they don't speed things up.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
Another question is, will they be successful?
Because Iran is probably going to buy Russian military equipment

Not sure, but one thing is certain. Israel will act if no one else acts.

I have a lot of respect for Israeli forces. I cannot see them losing anytime soon. They have this cool tendency to whip the snot out of all comers.

As for the Russian equipment that is old, no problem there. The new stuff, I dunno. I am not privvy anymore to intel on equipment, I suppose I could ask but my friends would prolly tell me to go fly a kite.

As long as they don't get rollands from the French along with the other new Russian AA missiles.

If the Iranians were smart they would buy some flight training time with a reputable country that uses tactics leaned in the US.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't see how it can be avoided at this time with Iran's President fanning the flames and a new government forming in Israel. A lot has to do with who the new Israeli leader will be also. I don't see Sharon staying in the picture much longer especially with his latest health issues. Netanyahu is a warhawk and has already stated his intentions towards Iran. Israel has stated that it is unacceptable for Iran to have nukes so that pretty much
spells it out. I do not see this drama lasting much longer. Once the new Israeli government is in place...........watch out!!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Here is a spinner, the US is forced into action on behalf of Israel (we really do not want Israel nuking capitals in the Jerricho option) and we lose to Iran in a guerilla war. Iraq destabilises and turns into another Muslim state run by folks in Iran.

Scenario 1: Israel finds that the US isn't going to win and goes with the "let's nuke mecca or medina" option (or some other major action gaining UN condemnation) and all hades breaks loose as the UN finds out and starts the march to enforce resolutions that condemned Israel and call for UN control over UN given territory.

Scenario 2: Israel just infiltrates Iran and nukes it with tactical nukes as an example. The UN finds out and as scenario one had Israel get spanked by the UN.

Scenario 3: Nothing happens and Israel says "let's be friends and trade stuff". As unlikely as this sounds, this is what the major peace folks over there want. I see no problem with it other than the Arabs in general do not want peace with Israel even if the lived somewhere else.

Summary: Israel is going to do something big soon. And I agree that it will be sooner than later. Not a prophet or anything I was just thinking that the 4 month rule was in play. It has been true for the most part in relation to US policy. There have been exceptions though to this rule, so it is not in stone.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
, this is what the major peace folks over there want.

Where is "over there"?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
I don't see Sharon staying in the picture much longer especially with his latest health issues. Netanyahu is ...

Sharon is still in the picture, Kadima is still leading in the polls.

And furthermore: weaker Kadima means stronger Labor and stronger position for Peretz policies and not stronger Likud (Bibi)

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
Where is "over there"?

Sorry, the "Peace Now" type movements. I am not there and can only go by what their papers say. I read Arutz Sheva and Jpost, sometimes I even read the Arab version of things to get a better perspective of both side opinions.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Sorry, the "Peace Now" type movements.

Ah ok, since you wrote

this is what the major peace folks over there want.

'Peace Now' is just a few hundred people in Israel - and don't mix them up with Israelis looking for peaceful solutions in the Middle-East Conflict.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
'Peace Now' is just a few hundred people in Israel - and don't mix them up with Israelis looking for peaceful solutions in the Middle-East Conflict.

I wasn't aware of this. From the media it would be believed that they number in the thousands. Thanks for the info.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well I think Israel will be OK as long as the US economy stays stable. Because the only reason Israel continues to exist is because the country is under the US's umbrella, so to speak.
Like if someone attacks Israel, the US will retaliate. But if the US is too busy with it's own internal problems then I think Iran and other muslim countries will not hesitate too long to give Israel a good whoopin'.

So it would probably be in Israels intrest to attack. It could at the very least slow down Irans nuclear program.

[edit on 28/12/2005 by SwearBear]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Correct me if Im wrong but in 2000/2001 it became known that Iran was secretly trying to acquire nuclear weapons for atleast 18 years right..
Even then I hardly saw Iran on the news as its being portrayed right now, but the US and co still wait 5/6 years to strike at Iranian facilities?

Wouldn't they have done it by now if they intended too instead of reporting it on the news every 6 months that they are gonna strike in another 6 months?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by shire19
Correct me if Im wrong but in 2000/2001 it became known that Iran was secretly trying to acquire nuclear weapons for atleast 18 years right..
Even then I hardly saw Iran on the news as its being portrayed right now, but the US and co still wait 5/6 years to strike at Iranian facilities?

Wouldn't they have done it by now if they intended too instead of reporting it on the news every 6 months that they are gonna strike in another 6 months?

You're wrong...just kidding. You're right to some extent but I think that the US is trying to give the world a heads up that we will get it done. I just don't see Israel waiting until we do something concrete to stop this runaway train. This administration has a track record of doing stuff fairly quick. Now here is the thing with me even MENTIONING this administration, don't start with the currect war. I just think that he has a tendency to act first and then review. With this in mind, we will act when we do not think we can get blind sided by the UN.

top topics

join