It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.

I've done this for years, but not with computer jargon, but by creating fake root words for real words and then finding ways to use that word in conversation just to see what response I get. Usually, in time someone will begin to use that word. I have rarely ever been called on such a word. When you know lots of words, eventually people think you know what you're talking about. If you try this, do it only in casual situations, never in business meetings and the like.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
No offense but um, according to your rules, especially the 51 and up ones you would have to be perfect to not be an annoying L. I am very annoying. I MeAn I aM ReAlLy AnNoYiNg. i CaN bE ReAlLy ImMaTuRe Or Be ReAlLy SmArT. RiGhT NoW i FeEl ReAlLy ImMaTuRe. lOl

What about typing in numbers and typoeing on purpose. Like this: 28 dayz lat3r. Or what about OwN3d. or (censor3d) or I own3d som3on3 on Halo 2 a f3w dayz ago.

Now that is annoying. Also I leave you people today with one more agonizing thing:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

42. Order a side of pork rinds with your filet mignon.

I like to order a side order of asparagus with mayonnaise (pronounced, may-O-naise), just to see what the waiters reaction will be. Never do this in a restaurant that has asparagus on the menu or that you think will send someone out for some.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted by Grady
mayonnaise (pronounced, may-O-naise),

Is there any other way?

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

At a golf tournament, chant "swing-batabatabata-suhWING-batter!"

I cant wait to do that at my dads next golf tornement,ahaha

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have thought about doing one where everything I type of say is in binary.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
deleted by author

[edit on 2005/12/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
deleted by author

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I sense Grady had something to say, but was silenced by those darn Wombles again......

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Is there any other way?

I am unaware that anyone here in America pronounces it May-O-naise, with the emphasis on the O. The proper pronunciation, according to Merriam-Webster is MAY-uh-naise or MAY-uh-Naise, but most people in the South and Southwest areas of the country, say MAN-naise or, as they say in New Orleans, MY-NEZ.

So, May-O-NAISE, as I should have written it before, is foreign sounding to most people's ears. Also, asparagus and mayonnaise, regardless of the pronunciation is an unappealing combination in most people's minds, despite there, apparently, being many recipes for such.

(WC and old buddy "Squawk Mulligan" are tending bar together, telling tall tales to a customer

WC: "I'm tending bar one time down in the lower east side in New York. A tough paloma comes in there by the name of Chicago Molly. I cautioned her, 'None of your peccadilloes in here.' There was some hot lunch on the bar, comprising of succotash, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, and asparagus with mayonnaise. She dips her mitt down into this melange. I'm yawning at the time, and she hits me right in the mug with it. I jumps over and I knocks her down."
Squawk: "You knocked her down? I was the one that knocked her down!"
WC: "Oh yes, that's right. He knocked her down...but I was the one who started kicking her. I starts kicking her in the midriff. Did you ever kick a woman in the midriff that had a pair of corsets on?"
Customer: "No, I just can't recall any such incident right now."
WC: "Well, I almost broke my great toe; I never had such a painful experience."
Customer: "Did she ever come back again?"
Squawk: "I'll say she came back. She came back a week later and beat the both of us up."
WC: "Yeh, but she had another woman with her--an elderly woman with gray hair."
(My Little Chickadee)

www.louisville.edu...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I see..... cheers Grady

Always said it as May-O-naise myself... same with others around me... Us Brits are a wierd bunch though

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Always said it as May-O-naise myself... same with others around me... Us Brits are a wierd bunch though

I've always pronouced it May-A-Naise

Guess I'm just special

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I love stuff like this.

Around here most people call it Mayo.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Around here most people call it Mayo.

*points*

peasant!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
ROTFL!

Some dip their french fries in mayo

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Number 97, Never break eye-contact. Its easily one of the most fun things I have ever done, when I was in school, I would do that to teachers, and speak in a real soft, caring type voice when they spoke to me alone, it made them really uncomfortable, so they would stop making eye contact with me, it was great.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Caseysmind]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Has anyone said farting in elevators because I love doing that....
I also love screaming in a high pitch voice over my headset during online game play...

=]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
OMG this is funny but if i knew someone that did this i would probably beat the crap out of them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join