It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats say don't underestimate the Republican party as well as Bush.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

Rising public frustration with the Iraq war and low approval ratings for President Bush look to many Democrats like an opportunity for big gains with voters in the 2006 and 2008 elections.

But two of the party's top strategists say this opportunity may be something else: a trap.

Al From, president of the centrist Democratic Leadership Council, and pollster Mark Penn wrote a strategy memo to DLC supporters last week warning party leaders not to use Bush's problems as an invitation to call for an immediate U.S. withdrawal from Iraq, or generally to steer a more liberal course that could alienate the middle-of-the-road voters the party needs.

"It is important for Democrats to understand that despite Bush's decline, America remains a moderate to conservative country -- particularly on economic and security measures," the two wrote. While a poll taken by Penn for the DLC showed voters opposing the Iraq war 54 to 44 percent, they warned that "Democratic leaders could be playing with political dynamite if they call for an immediate pullout of American troops."

The Democrats are smarter than I thought. Its no wonder why they ain't taking advantage of Bush's problems forcefully and rapidly.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
While the warning is nice and all I haven't seen anyone call for an immediate pullout from Iraq but Republicans that cynically sponsored a bill to do so as a joke. Like they have nothing better to do. Guess they don't.

This is trumped up hooey.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well I guess democrats do not need to add to much wood to the fire that already is consuming the Republican party.

The Republican party is killing itself from within.

Democrats leadership is not stupid they are not flawless and they are not clean either.

So they have to be carefully not to push to much as not to be caught in the same BS that is swirling around the Republicans right now.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'll tell you what the DCCC is doing I don't like one bit since I believe the purpose of this thread was to bash the Democratic Party. So I'll help.

"Fightin' Dems"

Little Republicans all over the country runnings as Democrats. Ridiculous.

Because John Kerry's 2004 campaign did so well, let's repeat it verbatim all over the country in 2006.

"I just got back from Iraq, so I can fight your war that nobody supports smarter." Barf.

Pro-war, anti-choice, little Murtha clones. Not a brain in the head of half of them. And certainly not a democratic bone in their bodies.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Anyone who is trying to hold their finger up to the wind on the Iraq issue, whether Democrat or Republican, could easily get burned. Although Americans are now increasingly skeptical, they're certainly not ready to give up on Iraq. If Iraq does end up going well, anyone who came out against it would stand no chance of success in 2008. The smartest people in this category, like Hillary, are lyin' low sayin' nuttin.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Is politics about the buisness of the American public here or about the political partys first and the public second if ever???

Someone posted:

""It is important for Democrats to understand that despite Bush's decline, America remains a moderate to conservative country -- particularly on economic and security measures," the two wrote. While a poll taken by Penn for the DLC showed voters opposing the Iraq war 54 to 44 percent, they warned that "Democratic leaders could be playing with political dynamite if they call for an immediate pullout of American troops."

When I see material like this it only reinforces my belief that Republican or Democrat that it is about votes first ..not the buisness of the American People.
I begin to sense that for the two partys America is a private fiefdom for the partys not the American pubic. A Feudal fiefdom..a private domain. A turf...complete with their political rules or non rules of Omerta. The problem to me is that the code is being broken. Lack of dicipline on the part of both partys. Its becoming too public...what they are doing. Some of us are begining to sense this line of thought.

Has anyone else noticed or sensed this trend?? Curious about this.???

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
The problem to me is that the code is being broken. Lack of dicipline on the part of both partys. Its becoming too public...what they are doing. Some of us are begining to sense this line of thought.

Has anyone else noticed or sensed this trend?? Curious about this.???

Thanks,
Orangetom

The reason Orangetom is . . . . that both party or at least the people that represent then are not different from each other.

The pursue of power, money and personal interest is what ruling America leadership now a days.

top topics

join