It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Days already getting longer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Anyone else notice this? December 22nd (the shortest day of the year) hasn't even arrived yet and I have noticed that it is getting dark around 10 minutes later. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if you haven't I would like to ask that you pay attention the next few nights and then post your findings. I am curious about it. Thanks.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by zenlover28]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It seems right on target to me. Night gets here to fast, 4:39 pm is entirely to early for the sun to go down.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I found this nifty little chart through google and it allowed me to put in my zip code and it did a print out of the length of days and unless i'm reading it wrong the days are getting longer. Here it is.

Edited because you couldn't read the chart after I posted it.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
okay okay...i've got it figured out now. It is still getting daylight a little later which still makes the days shorter even though it is starting to get dark at a later time. Duh. I think i'm really reaching for spring or something. I hate cold weather. But, oh well at least I am not insane and it is really getting dark later.

Edit: NOPE not reaching either. I just went to the Naval observatory and it gave me ACTUAL data; not projected data like the other chart. According to the Naval Observatory info. the days in my area ARE getting longer.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It would be nice if the days are longer haha.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
I just went to the Naval observatory and it gave me ACTUAL data; not projected data like the other chart. According to the Naval Observatory info. the days in my area ARE getting longer.

Could you post a link to where you are getting the data. I see a page where you can search a particular day, but is there anything that gives you more than one day of data?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Days are getting longer, this is correct (in a geological time scale) the
earth's rotation is gradually slowing, thus making each day minutely longer.

Eventually the earth will stop and the core will solidify and we will lose
our magnetic security blanket, making this planet about as lively as Mars
is now.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I just entered in whatever day & compared & contrasted.

We had two tornadoes touchdown here in Kentucky two nights ago. Not to mention we are now having more spring like days than winter days. Now, i'm convinced that Spring is arriving earlier in this part of the country and the seasons really are a changing.

top topics

join