It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meditation - it may have saved my home.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
For the last year or so, I have been trying to meditate. Now I do so 2-5 times a week and without much success.

About 9 months ago I was meditating and fell into something. I had the feeling of nothingness, like I made it somewhere or nowhere. It startled me and I came out of it right away. I remember is was amazing.

I have been trying to get there again and again but I just can't seem to get there again. I think it is due to anxiety of reaching that point again.

HOWEVER..... 2 nights ago I was meditating on the kitchen floor (not my normal place, but I was praying as well), and I got this voice "Go downstairs and do it". I was just clear minded and relaxing the body, not in a trance or anything. Odd as it was, I followed it and went downstairs to my den to continue meditating.

When I got there, I smelled something burning - plastic. Well, seems I forgot my cigarette in the ash tray (by the window of course) and it burned far enough to fall out and land on my table which is mostly paper and plastic. It had fallen what looked like 10 seconds before I arrived. All was well, except I was amazed.

I continued to meditate and received other messages too, although a bit personal. My wife and I are having some issues due to her self esteem and I got some stuff concerning that, since that is what I was trying to get.

Seems I have made progress in meditating even though I can't seem to reach that place I was at before (yet).

To those that have never done this, it is real.

To those that do it regularly, advice? Comments?

True story with no added artificial flavors or preservatives.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What are your goals and expectations with meditation? I've been meditating for a long time (20 years -longer if you count prayer in church) and mostly I get quick snippets of information. That little sound-byte of info is usually all I need.

The 'nothingness' could have been an out-of-body experience, or it could have been a blank place in your consciousness where nothing is written. That's a cool place because it's filled with possibility.

There's a Taoist concept of "being the uncarved block", since it isn't carved into anything, it has the possibility of being everything.
Try examining your expectations and ideas of what meditation is. Then try letting it go for a few minutes, and see if it has you feel your meditations are more successful.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I wish to it mostly for spritual advancement, but I would also like to see an OOBE.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Quit smoking....

Its bad for your health and your house!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sight2reality
Quit smoking....

Its bad for your health and your house!

I am working on it - got one more thing to make good before the stress can be low enough to do so. I smoke ONLY by a window that has a fan that blows out.

After reading my initial post, your only comment is to quit smoking? lol

I have a great uncle in his late 90's smoking non filters. The only that kills my kin early is alcohol.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm too much of a skeptic honestly, in everything to say anything else. I would feel fine laying that occurance on the coincedence pile.

However, I wouldn't be so inclined on the same for someone who dies of lung cancer or whos house burns down ect....

But hey, I was just messing with ya!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hello godservant,

Very interesting story, thanks for posting. It is amazing the intuitive knowledge that we can attain through meditation. I wish you continued success

Originally posted by godservant
For the last year or so, I have been trying to meditate. Now I do so 2-5 times a week and without much success.

It seems that this stagnancy in meditation is actually quite a common problem. Many of us simply follow our meditation technique and do not go beyond our normal states of consciousness. I've encountered this problem myself (and still do), but the following course has helped me realize the elements that were missing in my meditation, and how to add them:

Gnostic Meditation Course

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I dont meditate, but..

You shouldnt meditate to try and attain something. The reason you felt this no-thingness 9 months ago, and not today, is because 9 months ago you werent looking for it.

Dont search for something that was never lost. Everything you need including enlightenment is with you in this moment. To see that this is so, is all you need to do.

What could you possibly attain by sitting down for long periods of time, besides a cramp? Meditate only to meditate.

Of course I dont meditate, so dont listen to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
What could you possibly attain by sitting down for long periods of time, besides a cramp? Meditate only to meditate.

I used to think the same, but not anymore. I don't have much experience in it, but I have found that it is very improtant. It feels like having a one-sided conversation without meditation.

There are many here that have much more experience than I.

You shouldnt meditate to try and attain something. The reason you felt this no-thingness 9 months ago, and not today, is because 9 months ago you werent looking for it.

That is a very good point, especially coming from someone who doesn't meditate.

new topics

top topics

join