It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly will happen on 6/6/06 ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Close your eyes, and imagine yourself in a chair, at a computer desk, and all of a sudden start "Rising Towards the Heavens". Today is the day that satan will come to rule the world to all of those condemed to Hell. Just before this, you feel yourself rising, upwards and upwards, seeing that you just woke up, not expecting to look down and see a world on fire.

You just woke up, and thought that this day was going to just be another day. What do you feel will happen on 6/6/06. Will it just be another day? Just another coincidental date?

[edit on 12/19/0505 by brodband]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm going to be on the beach with my kids for Summer Vacation.

It's just another day. Same as 07/07/07...no big deal. People have been incorrectly predicting Armegeddon for thousands of years.

Is it because the number 6 repeats three times? Ooohh....scary.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
what happened on 6/6/66?

your still here breathing....

If someone does decide to "push the button" so to speak....i hope that i'm close enough to chicago at the time....

Professor Falken said : "One millisecond of bright light, and we're vapor"

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This movie will be released:

The Beast

Have fun with this site, all I know is that a lot of Christians will be pissed off on this date.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Ill go with the its just a number, keep counting eventually you will get there

Do anyone know why this number was choosen for the beast, anyhing to do with purgatory getting invented in the year 600 something by some greedy pope ??

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverSurfer
anyhing to do with purgatory getting invented in the year 600 something by some greedy pope ??

Not quite, purgatory was always a belief in the early church, due to the many bibical references of the importance of prayers for the dead. Now, if the soul is in heaven, there is no need for prayers, they have reached salvation. If the soul is in hell, the prayers are fruitless, once condemned it is final. So there had to be a place of purification for those who were in neither place to assist them in attaining entrance to heaven.

www.religioustolerance.org...

Early Christian writers included "Fathers Tertullian, Origen, Cyprian, Lactantius, Eusebius, Cyril, Gregory of Nyssa, Epiphanius, Jerome, Ambrose, John Chrysostom, Augustine, Gregory the Great, Venerable Bede and second-millennium theologians such as Anselm, Bernard, Aquinas and Bonaventure..." 1,2 Prayers for the dead are also found in early Christian catacombs and in early church liturgies.

"Both purgatory and prayers for the dead were upheld by the major councils, beginning with the Council of Carthage in 394 A.D."

Belief in Purgatory became a formal church 'dogma' only in the 16th century.

So you see, the belief always existed, it was only "affirmed in 394 AD, and even then only became Church Dogma in the 16th century.

Whoever told you purgatory was "invented" by a greedy Pope told you wrong. Might want to check it out for yourself.

As for the topic, if it were that simple to interpret, then I don't think we can stand by the passage that cautions we cannot know the time. The date is meaningless and will just be another day.

[edit on 12/19/2005 by Relentless]

[edit on 12/19/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Well it will be my dad's birthday
I'll keep U posted

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Here are a bunch of other numbers ive only used 6, 60, 66, 666, i bet if i started using 61, 62 etc.. there would be possible to get almost every number

2 (6+6/6)
5 (60/6+6)
6 (6x6/6)
16 (60/6 +6)
18 (6+6+6)
20 (60+60/6)
42 (6x6+6)
48 (60-6-6)
60 (60+6-6, 66-6)
72 (60+6+6, 66+6)
90 (60+6+6+6+6+6)
114 (60+60-6)
126 (60+60+6)
132 (66+66)
144 (60+60+6+6+6+6)
162 (60+60+60-6-6-6)
180 (60+60+60)
198 (66+66+66)
199 (60+60+60+6+6+6)
216 (6x6x6)
396 (66x6)
666 (666x6x6/6/6/6)
1332 (666+666)

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

anyhing to do with purgatory getting invented in the year 600 something by some greedy pope ??

Not quite, purgatory was always a belief in the early church, due to the many bibical references of the importance of prayers for the dead. Now, if the soul is in heaven, there is no need for prayers, they have reached salvation. If the soul is in hell, the prayers are fruitless, once condemned it is final. So there had to be a place of purification for those who were in neither place to assist them in attaining entrance to heaven.

Ive translated almost an entire article on the history of the pope and the beginning of christianity.. its was on some topic about the pope, in this forum.. this search engine is not my friend today but its in here somewhere.

found the link, just scroll down to the end of the first page and there you will find lots of historical fun facts, including one pope who raped without prejudice

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-12-2005 by SilverSurfer]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
the numbers are not evil. if you look up truely what they may mean from the ancient point of view , well you get a very different picture. you can go hide if you want to.. but when it passes... well I will still be here smiling as usual

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Comon theres nothing to this what about 6/o6/1666? same thing

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It will be my birthday. Happy birthday to me.
It's just another day but when it gets closer sit back and get ready to hear the hype

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What do you feel will happen on 6/6/06.

Let's see. I'll arise and do a little physical therapy so I can work that day, brush my teeth, comb my hair, get dressed and head for work.

Has one not learned in the infinite meaning of time these dates people come up with are meaningless? GOD's calendar hardly reflects ours. In fact, he is in charge of so much "time" is meaningless.

But hey, if your gonna sell your worldly goods cheap in advance of that date let me know. I love bargains.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Ill go with the its just a number, keep counting eventually you will get there

Do anyone know why this number was choosen for the beast, anyhing to do with purgatory getting invented in the year 600 something by some greedy pope ??

666 is a number to letter thing that the greeks used ....its a code to tell early hebrews that the king of rome was gonna slaughter alot of hebrews to stop there rebellion....revelations is not a look into the future now.....
it was then...these were pauls visions he sent them to the 7 churchs as a warning......nothing more nothing less....

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
i believe i might have school that day.........im so skippin
sorry i wasnt at school its against my religion to be associated with the number 666...that will really go over well.

anyway just like 2012 nothin will happen .Noone knows the end of the world. on 6/6/06 satan isnt gunna come out of the ground and feast on our souls.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
This movie will be released:

The Beast

Have fun with this site, all I know is that a lot of Christians will be pissed off on this date.

I believe that's all that will be happening on this date. *checks schedule* Yep, pretty sure. I also predict this movie will make no difference in my life whatsoever. It's not the first nor do I think it'll be the last of the "shock and awe" propaganda Hollywood has to crank out. Anywho, who cares about predicting the end? Today can be the last day for any or all of us. I would not wait until the 11th hour to start scurrying around like mice in a burning building. Do you want the free gift of eternal life? Send U2U for details. My prayers and hopes are with you otherwise.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well, seeing as how we (people) invented the calendar (and have changed it over the centuries) - isn't it a little presumptuous and pretty darn arrogant to think that God is going to do anything by our date book?

Anyone think that God's got big plans, and is just waiting for our calendar to roll over?

That's people for you, - They will believe in some all-mighty power even though they have absolutely no proof it exists, and then will assume that this all-powerful being is going to do things according to our "day planner". Yeah, Right.

I propose that NOTHING out of the ordinary will happen - If it does, it will be caused by people that freak-out, because they believe something will or should happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulthefourth
Well, seeing as how we (people) invented the calendar (and have changed it over the centuries) - isn't it a little presumptuous and pretty darn arrogant to think that God is going to do anything by our date book?

That there is rich.

Anyone think that God's got big plans, and is just waiting for our calendar to roll over?

"C'mon humans, fix your clocks, I got the end of the world to conduct here..."

That's people for you, - They will believe in some all-mighty power even though they have absolutely no proof it exists,

Whoa, hold up. I got my proof. Would you like to receive the free gift of eternal life too? Send U2U for details.

and then will assume that this all-powerful being is going to do things according to our "day planner". Yeah, Right.

I propose that NOTHING out of the ordinary will happen - If it does, it will be caused by people that freak-out, because they believe something will or should happen.

I predict your prediction is predictably correct.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What exactly will happen on 6/6/06

Here is how I see it for me.

5 am - I will get out of bed, yawn, stumble to the restroom, stub my toe, swear , get back into bed

6 am - Finally decide that I cant hit the snooze any longer

7 am - Simon Gray will invite me over for a cup of Earl Gray, I will have to decline, but I will thank him for the offer and take a rain check.

8 am - Go to work, only to find out that my building has been purchased by the Shadow Government of China, being ran by the reptilians, with John Titor as advisor. Needless to say, I need a new job.

9 am - Call Bob Lazar to see if any work is available at Area 51, he declines to tender me an offer.

10 am - Turn on CNN to see the breaking news "PEE WEE HERMAN HAS BEEN ABDUCTED BY THE IRANIAN GOVERNMENT"

11 am - Go to "Larrry's Corner Bar" which ironically is not located on a corner, but an open stretch of hiway 101

12 pm - Decide the bar is not the place to be to solve my problems.

12:30 pm - Log onto ATS, only to find out I have been post banned for some unknown reason. Rumor has it Thomas Crowne was seen lurking around the control panel before dawn, but I will never know for sure.

1 pm - A group calling itself "BMF" (Billy Meier Forever) strong arms its way into the HiloMilo observatory in HiloMilo, Vermont and demand equal time on abovetopsecret.com or, quote, "THE 10 INCH REFRACTOR GETS IT!"

2 pm - I call my mom and tell her I need to come over and talk, she says she will make some tea.

3 pm - Arrive at moms as a white unmarked van is pulling out of her driveway. She comes to the door but won't open it. She says she doens't have a son and I should go away before things "get ugly"

4 pm - Drive to Calamen to clear my head.

5 pm - See a strange light in the sky....it..it seems to be following me.

9 pm - Wake up with my pants around my ankles and 200 miles away from where I remember being last. I also seem to have lost about 4 hours...and why does my ass hurt?

10 pm - Start the drive home

1 am - Pull in my drive way, shut down the car.

2 am - Go to bed

5 am - The alarm rings.

So, you ask, What exactly will happen on 6/6/06 ?

I say it will be just another day for me!

- One Man Short

[edit on 19-12-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
12:30 pm - Log onto ATS, only to find out I have been post banned for some unknown reason. Rumor has it Thomas Crowne was seen lurking around the control panel before dawn, but I will never know for sure.

ROTFL! *wipes a tear* That was beautiful! We still love you TC

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join