It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The case for God's existance...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThereIsATrUtH
Ok...first of all you start of with an incredibly weak arguement "You've never seen your god, never heard your god, and anything they can't explain is attributed to being a miracle performed by god"....first of all...have you ever seen your brain? have you ever heard your brain? touched it? smelled it? tasted it?....With your logic i must have to say that you have no brain....just because something doesnt appear directly to your senses doesnt mean that it doesnt exist...and you say that what we can't explain is attributed to a miracle performed by God?...that is ridiculous...There is scientific proof that God exists and I would be more then happy to prove to you that Christianity is true.

You also say that religion claims to have all the answers...I beleive you are sadly mistaken...Religion claims that "all the answers" are out there, and that God does in fact possess them all.

Anyways...feel free to instant message me (link224488) or send me a reply and i will show you that God does exist

Hey, don't mean to belittle you but... there is such a thing called a brain. Neurologist's study it everyday. Brain surgeon's operate on it everyday. AI developer's try to emulate it everday. I don't see how his argument was weak when you give the brain example. We KNOW there is a brain. However, there is no scientific proof of god. There is no direct physical proof of god. There is a book that was written by man that talks about god. There are many religion's all saying they're the true religion of god. That doesn't mean any single one IS the true religion, such as christianity. For all you could know, it's actually the wrong one. There's over a dozen, they all can't be right. Now, saying that because we don't know how the universe formed.. that would be a weak argument for proof of god. Saying that life is to complex for you to understand how it could have came about would also be a weak argument for proof of god. Saying that because we haven't found a missing link yet would also be yet again, another weak argument for proof of god. See where I'm going with this?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThereIsATrUtHThere is scientific proof that God exists and I would be more then happy to prove to you that Christianity is true.

Please expand on this. I'd like to hear more about this proof.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
He emailed his proof to me... All it is is proof of the big bang and a question. Which sounds mor plausable it started from nothing or sumone started it. If he would be ok with it, I'd like to post the convo we had on AIM in this thread.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
so steve, how'd you get that rockin tat?
god did it!

does that make any sense?

if this post seems nonsensical, i'm weary, so humor me.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why does it really matter what people believe? I believe there is a God, someone else may not. Whoopdy doo. I believe in God, I go to church, went to *gasp* Catholic school for 13 years of my life. If you believe that we were just created by a big bang, good for you. I don't understand why it is so essential for people to get in these discussions just to bash people of faith. What is it to you what we believe in? I live my life the way I want and when I die and I go to Heaven and see my God then that's awesome. But if I die and find out that I'm wrong and I just die, well then what will it matter? I'd rather live out my life believing in a God and be welcomed by Him when I die, than not believe and be sent to hell. I think its crazy the way people talk about our faith as being "blind". It's pretty insulting and makes me wonder if the people that are saying it have any background in any religion at all. We don't go around insulting you for what you except as fact. If we choose not to except your belief then get over it. I'm not pushing you to believe in mine.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i think its the religious people normally bashing the nonreligious (ala pat robertson)

it is based on blind faith, and i have 2 years of catholic schooling and many MANY years of independent theological study as background. i was a catholic for about 15 years of my life.

also you say you're not pushing your belief on us, but say that if we don't believe and you're right we go to HELL.

i think its the religious people are shocked that the nonreligious minority that's been so easy to oppress for so long finally speaks out.
mod edit, remove quote of previous post

[edit on 29-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join