It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Davinci code movie, Draconi devil??!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I am assuming those who read this know where the word Draconi comes from/is associated with. Watch the flash trailer and see the words draconian devil. I was very surprised to see this!!

www.sonypictures.com...

Seems like everybody is reading up...

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
have you read the book? I'm just wondering, because it isnt really much of a suprise to me, who has.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by ekul08]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
O, Draconian Devil is the anagram of Leonardo da Vinci in the book....

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ooh, ahh, more Bible code stuff: www.hiddencodes.com...

If you REALLY want to find a lot of fascinating Bible meanings, I'd recommend reading what the Bible actually says...then read it again a short while later to see if you get the same thing out of it. Now that's truly special.

Oh, by the way, here's the one for the Bush assassination. Looks like some Shriner named Maitreya is at fault: www.hiddencodes.com...

What? Bush wasn't assassinated? Oh well, there goes the code idea

[edit on 19-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The word Draconian comes from the greek tyrant Draco, who insituted laws and acts that were so...brutal that his very name is still associated with brutal and savage laws, over 2,000 years later.

Draco the Tyrant

Interstingly, he was put in power by the mob (er, the people) to overrule the Elite. Democracy at its worst.
external image

As already noted, the Draconian evil thing is directly from the book.

The trailers and promotionals for the movie have clues from the book.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Oh, by the way, here's the one for the Bush assassination. Looks like some Shriner named Maitreya is at fault

Hey, I know that guy! He's in my Shrine Clown Unit!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Just a reminder, but you all probably already know, the author of The Da Vinci Code wrote the book to be taken as pure fiction. However many try to accept the book as fact.

It's a bit ridiculous actually. The opening of the movie is sort of a conspiracy in itself. A conspiracy that involves corrupting the minds of the mass media, and distorting the beliefs that bind Christians together.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
For those who read the book, the movie will probably be a dissapointment. Its always like that.
I couldn't put the book down myself, it was a great read, and its a lot of fact mixed with lots of fiction.
You have to keep an open mind and realize it is mostly fiction.

Unless you want to beleive that Mary Magdalene wasn't a whore and she was Jesus' wife who bore him a child, which happens to be the "vehicle", The Holy Grail.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
dgtempe, I think this movie may well be the exception to the rule, in regards to the general letdown from page to film. Brown has really written a movie script and fashioned it into a novel. Brown is particularly clever in wrapping many truths into a novel here. We have all seen the efforts made to squelch the book and the film as wriiten. Can you imagine what would have happened to Brown if he had taken more Rushdie's approach to Islam.There would be a rather lengthy thread on this board called 'Who Killed Dan Brown?'.

pml

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Aristotle has been quoted as saying, "It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." So, regarding the veracity of the DaVinci Code, my question is simple, into which category do you fall; believer or non-believer? If you cannot comprehend my question, you have already answered it.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
there was a banner put up just today at the corner of 42nd/5th in NYC that is 5 feet high and 25 feet long and reads DRACONIAN DEVIL

its obviously part of the movie promotion, as that corner has had other banners for weeks, I was wondering how it tied into the movie, so thanks for this thread !

pml

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
"Draconian Devil" is one of the clues in the book; which, by the way, is a great read. Read it for pleasure.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
A lot of people dismiss the Da Vinvi code as fiction but I dont think that is true. It may be a work of fiction because it is not one hundred percent proven, but I seriously dount anything about Jesus or anybody dated that far back will ever be "proven".

people say that anyone who beleives the Da Vinci code is stupid because it is fiction but thats not true. All it is speculation, but it is by no means far-fetched, the Idea of a holy bloodline has been around for a long time. The Da Vinci code is just sheding a little more light on the subject.

Lets take just one part for example. The knights templar are formed (skip ahead a few years) they disappear for awhile then reemerge as a powerful and wealthy medival power. modern archeologists have found tunnels leading from a templar church to some famous cathedral (forgot which) and found traces of a dig site and proof that templars where there. Years later the church has the templars assassinated.

Is it possible that the Templars were bribing the church with knowledge of something about christ? Perhaps a bloodline leading back to Jesus and Mary? I say yes it is, and anyone who says I am stupid for beleiving that, then who is truely the ignorant one between us?

top topics

join