It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Bush Allowed NSA to Spy on U.S. International Calls

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
and, if it's found that bush did break the law with his spying, ummm.....can we try him for treason also?

what about Libby and his buddies, whoever they may be, they blew Plame's cover.....

[edit on 10-1-2006 by dawnstar]

REPLY: PLEASE do the research. Other than the fact that it does not relate to this thread, Plame was NOT undercover; no law was broken. The woman who wrote the law even said so.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
"Three Algerians arrested in Italy over plot targeting US"

ROME: Three Algerians arrested in an anti-terrorist operation in southern Italy are suspected of being linked to a planned new series of attacks in the United States, Interior Minister Giuseppe Pisanu said on Friday.

The attacks would have targeted ships, stadiums or railway stations in a bid to outdo the September 11, 2001 strikes by Al-Qaeda in New York and Washington which killed some 2,700 people, Pisanu said.

www.geo.tv...

"You would think that the arrest of terrorists planning to "outdo 9/11" would warrant some news coverage in the United States, but that's not what the editors at your Ministry of Truth decided. On that day in history, they thought the important news was that six Sudanese were abducted in Iraq, that Fidel Castro said that Bush is 'very much a fool,' that there was a vast US effort on eavesdropping (the NSA), and that the federal government was running a top secret program to monitor radiation levels at over a hundred Muslim sites in the Washington, D.C., area." (ED: which is damn well a good thing to do, and not illegal).

"So the news that day was not that terrorists had been planning to blow up ships, stadiums or railway stations in the United States, but that things were going badly in Iraq, that President Bush was thought to be a fool (by Castro of all people), and that the government has been spying on people in the U.S."

Ever wonder what side these people are on? I don't; it's called the "fifth column."

The Associated Press DID carry the story for a short time, but they conveniently left out the part about the plans for attacking America. The AP and Reuters, both, are just not reliable anymore. As of yesterday, even Fox didn't cover it.

The shocking thing about this, is that the use of wiretaps (OH NO... NOT
WIRETAPS) are what allowed the capture of these terrorists 8^) Of course, the major media wouldn't cover anything like this, because it makes it look like Bush might be doing the right thing... and he is.

(Edit for content)

[edit on 10-1-2006 by zappafan1]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
maybe the government was kind of hoping that someone in this country would miss little this tidbit of news and well, continue on as if all was fine so they could nail him??????

ya never know.

by the way, maybe I am wrong, but when the indictment against libby came down, well, I believe it stated that blowing plame's cover was illegal...but then, maybe I am wrong and misunderstood.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
it is illegal to blow an undercover operative and very dangerous for the companies who participate in the decption.What would happen the next time someone from a corporate office goes to another country for busness? Daddy Bush made sure that they are protected.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

by the way, maybe I am wrong, but when the indictment against libby came down, well, I believe it stated that blowing plame's cover was illegal...but then, maybe I am wrong and misunderstood.

No it was not illegal, and that is not what Libby was charged with, btw.

Fitzgerald said that Plame's position at the CIA was classified, not covert. Almost all positions at the CIA can be considered classified.

Plame was not working covertly for the CIA at the time she was outed.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
if plames position was classified, how do you know she wasn't convert?

the front company that bit the dust with her was, wasn't it???

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Because the definition of being covert is to be abroad for a covert CIA operation in the last 5 years. She hadn't left the country in that time, and public records prove it.

That's how we know.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
ummmm......I went to canada the last 5 years, can the public records prove that? and here I am just your ordinary citizen with limited resources. just think what I could do with resources available to the spy agencies!!! heck, I could be shuttling prisoners from cuba to turkey, to egypt, to whereever, and well, would there be any public record of that to prove that I did?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Her career postings are classified, but she was one of the elite clandestine spies -- an officer with nonofficial cover who works overseas in business or other jobs and has no diplomatic protection if detected or arrested.

www.washingtonpost.com...

She was a spy. If she was not one there would not be an investigation. That means someone broke the law.

[edit on 12/09-2005 by BlackThought]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

ummmm......I went to canada the last 5 years, can the public records prove that?

I would sure hope so for several reasons. First, when you leave the country, it's documented. At least, it should be if you travel legally. If you were active in Washington, as Plame was, there would also be hotel records, car rental records, etc. tying you to your location.

Then there's the other big thing that kind of clinches it, in my mind. The CIA explained that she hadn't been on any covert ops in over 5 years.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
"If you were active in Washington, as Plame was, there would also be hotel records, car rental records, etc. tying you to your location. "

or there could be airforce jets, backpacks, and tents for all you know....

as far as the agency confirming that was wan't convert. where and when did they do this....any links?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am glad that all information involving our Elected politician doings in our name and against us is in the open . . . I applaud the people that still believe in We the people and not We the power.

This is America and our government is not a dictatorship or a kingdom, We the people have the right to know what is been done behind our backs.

Down with the king

King George needs to resign for abuse of power and the trust of the people that elected him.

I keep looking for all of the "rights" we, as Americans, have....... and most are not... well, let me check AGAIN... (mumbling... opening Bill of Rights...) Nope... no "right" to know everything the government does.

I'd havr to say that after reading some of the posts here, that many wouldn't even understand what they were reading if everything WAS presented to them.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by zappafan1]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PKD

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by PKD
Terrorism is a fake scenario created by our government to institute martial law and take away your rights.

Really? Is the entire government in on this plot? Why do they want to take away my rights, anyway?

Bin Laden was, is and always will be an employee of the CIA. His salary paid with your hard earned tax dollars. I just don't see why that is so difficult for some people to accept.

It might not be so hard to accept if you had just the tiniest bit of verifiable proof.

You don't have that kind of proof, do you?

You know, as well as i do, that Bin Laden is a figure head war criminal. I mean really, did you take high school english? 1984 by George Orwell ring a bell? Pay attention a little bit closer. I don't have to means to dig through CNN archives to prove to you that Muhammad Atta was financed 100k through our cia. And do you seriously think that a smoking gun like that would be left for reseachers to investegate?

I like how you took my quote on the illumiati taking our rights away out of context to serve your own non understanding of whats going on here. Certain aspects of the us government are controlled by the shadow government. Really easy concept to understand. Globalism means all countries are running at the same speed. In order for this to take place you must give up some of your rights, so that other third world countries may come up to speed, in terms of agriculture, labor, and overall work production. Industrialization. Consolidation of power means closer control over the globe, which translates to more money for those in the highest ranks of power. Control over all media outlets, means control over your mind. You read newspapers and watch television. All those devices were designed for you. And you absorb them well. Unfortunatley what most people on this website who are looking for proof of conspiracy fail to understand, is that it wouldn't be a conspiracy if it could be proved! Alex Jones proved it in his film The Rise of The Police State. I am not going to go into detail here. Find your self a copy of that documentary if you want further proof.

REPLY: Ahhhhh.... more crap-ola.... all of it.

Don't have the time? The following took me all of four minutes, including reading:

"....A senior-level U.S. government source told CNN in October of 2001 that U.S. investigators believed Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, a long time ISI asset, using the alias Mustafa Muhammad Ahmad, sent more than $100,000 from Pakistan to Mohammed Atta, the suspected hijack ringleader of the September 11, 2001 attacks.
experts.about.com...

And:
".... Subsequent newspaper stories reported on the undisputed relationship of Saeed to ISI, to FBI claims that he wired $100,000 to Atta's bank account,[5] to a CNN report that these funds came from Pakistan,[6] and the uncontested statement that "Mustafa Ahmed," having concluded his 9/11 financial business in Dubai, flew on September 11 to Pakistan."
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackThought

Her career postings are classified, but she was one of the elite clandestine spies -- an officer with nonofficial cover who works overseas in business or other jobs and has no diplomatic protection if detected or arrested.

www.washingtonpost.com...

She was a spy. If she was not one there would not be an investigation. That means someone broke the law.

REPLY: Ummmmm, no. you haven't done the research. There's a very large difference between classified and covert. Geez.... the guy who dusts and cleans the floors at the FBI, CIA, etc, is "classified." What don't some people understand about the fact that the woman who WROTE the law said no law was broken.

There's a 5 year moratorium from the time the agent left covert status. At the time this happened, she had been removed from covert status for 7 years... DUH! Plame blew her own cover on numerous occasions while she WAS covert, as did her husband at a couple of dinner parties; "... Hi... this is my CIA wife, Valerie." Also, her cover was blown by the Russians in the mid-1990's.

The question that needs to be answered is who in the CIA sent her husband to Niger, to "find out" what they already knew?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

ummmm......I went to canada the last 5 years, can the public records prove that? and here I am just your ordinary citizen with limited resources. just think what I could do with resources available to the spy agencies!!! heck, I could be shuttling prisoners from cuba to turkey, to egypt, to whereever, and well, would there be any public record of that to prove that I did?

If you were an agent of the government, there WOULD be records, somewhere.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Is there a limitation of time? I did not see one. She was covert ops meaning she had a cover from another company. What about the next operative that works out the same company? Classified is classified realeasing that is a jailable offence. there are people that were put into Gitmo for that. (ex having a map of Gitmo that was in the intro package of people who work there.)

Ox

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Bush is doing this for his own gain.. Because he thinks that he's supreme chancellor of the world and can do what he likes... WRONG!!! This man needs to be removed from office. Period... There is no two ways about it.. The American military CANNOT police American but its ok to have spy agencies governed to spy outside of the continental U.S to spy on what other than... the Continental U.S.
Now.. I want everyone who voted for Bush, that thinks this spying plan is a bad idea to go and stick their heads in the toilet..
This is against everything America was built on.. there is no more "land of the free, home of the brave" its now "land of facist dictator, home of the biggest corrupt government the world has ever seen, oh and we're coming for your oil".. this is corruption in its most pure form.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Psychic Security Agency

Originally posted by Ox
Bush is doing this for his own gain.. Because he thinks that he's supreme chancellor of the world and can do what he likes... WRONG!!!

Mindreading is even more intrusive than wiretapping.

Do you have a search warrant authorizing you to read President Bush's mind?

If not, you should probably respect his mental privacy.

But... um... while you're in there, can you tell me what he's planning to do about North Korea?

Thanks in advance.

Ox

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sorry it took so long to reply but I had to cut through Majic's sarcasm to get here..
But to answer you Majic, I don't think Bush is going to do anything against North Korea, why? He's afraid of full blown invasion! There's not way in the world he could pull enough troops from Iraq in time and 2. There's no financial gain in North Korea..
Now I pose a question for everyone to think about. Have you ever noticed that when Bush's approval rating slips and he gets questioned on his acts.. there's some kind of "incident".. some moron on a plane says they have a bomb.. or..explosives are stolen or found somewhere.. or someone plotting somewhere in the world is caught? but then the story gets dusted away when Bush tries to justify his actions?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Just One Of The Services I Offer

Originally posted by Ox
Sorry it took so long to reply but I had to cut through Majic's sarcasm to get here..

Sorry, sometimes I'm not as tactful as I should be when I point out something I think is dubious.

When you claim to speak for Bush and what he thinks, I hope you can understand why I look askance at that.

But I would not want to you to feel like you have to cut through anything to share an opinion.

Still, I consider you more of an expert on your opinions than on President Bush's opinions.

Just sayin'.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join