It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It wont be long now till the mainstream media comes here to find the latest scoop, IMO

ATS is definately the place to be. There is a wealth of information here, and even some radio personalities stop by...just to see whats going on and what we are talking about.

The TV show will definately make us famous beyond our wildest dreams.

Just wanted to say Thank you to the Three Amigos for giving us such a grandiose and wonderful place to be!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"Us famous"?

Umm, try that it will make the 'Three Amigos' famous.
I do not think there is a trickle down theory here.
I have my own feelings as to 'famous,' but I will certainly agree that once the TVshow airs, that it will dictate further growth or not, depending upon ratings, etc.

I would go with 'known' or 'well-known' versus famous, but who knows..time will certainly tell.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Lets just hope those Amigos dont make us write a HUGE proposal......hah, Im up to it.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I would go with 'known' or 'well-known' versus famous, but who knows..time will certainly tell.

You forgot about infamous.

Typically, TV shows start with a pilot, which seems to be pretty much a do or die proposition. Then, if it's do, there's a contract for a certain number of episodes and the do or die process repeats itself, until such time as, for whatever reasons, the show is cancelled.

Maybe the show will have a run on the order of "Gunsmoke," or one on the order of "Police Squad."

Personally, I am hoping for the best, but I never dreamed that my acceptance of the "non-exclusive rights" clause would ever reach beyond cyberspace.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Here is my vision of where ATS is headed.

It came to me in a dream last Tuesday, just before dawn.

1997 - May 18, the site is created in Swindon, Wiltshire

2000 - Word starts spreading making ATS a worldwide phenom

2001 - Wonder Willy_Wang is denied membership, the first denial of entry

2003 - Site name is secured for a 10 year term, ensuring ATS will be around until at least 2013

2004 - JimboB1 starts posting again, after a 7 month stint "AWAY FROM SOCIETY"

2005 - TV show announced

2006 - Simon - Springer - Skeptic all become household faces as EVERY major COMMERCIAL network and cable network, excluding the OUTDOOR CHANNEL, decides to broadcast a 30 minute weekly feature called "YOU BET YOUR ATS YOU NEED TO KNOW!"

2007 - Skeptic doesn't like all the fame, breaks away and decides to start his own conspiracy website www.MyabovetopsecretIsBetterThanYours.com

2008 - From the Russian underground, Simon obtains weapons of website destruction.

2009 - Springer finds the way and the light and starts his own cult like religion. It is based on the theory that we are all dogs for god, he calls his followers "SPRINGERS SPANIELS"

2010 - Skeptic is preparing his troops of website visitors to move if the need arises, due to the rumors of Simon having weapons of website destruction.

2011 - Springer prepares some SPECIAL kool-aid© for his followers, in anticipation of the arrivial of the comet, HARLEY-RIDE 7.

2012 - The world ends. The Mayans were right. Simon could have saved $18 US dollars by registering the website for just 9 years back in 2003, and not 10.

All this because of that blasted TV show.

Nothing good can come of it. end all talk of it NOW!

- One Man Short ®

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Lets just hope those Amigos dont make us write a HUGE proposal

HUGE is better than INDECENT.

One Man Short of Manhood - You rock my world.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Umm, try that it will make the 'Three Amigos' famous.

Indirectly, maybe.

I think by now our actions over the past three years have indicated a complete dedication to attracting content and delivering features that provide an exceptional experience for our members and guests.

There are a myriad of things we would have done differently (from a strategic and/or business-building perspective) if this venture was not about our members. In fact, the TV production firm reached out to us because of this.

Stay tuned... if all goes reasonably well, this is only the beginning.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Oooooooh.

Hey this looks mighty fine, minus the part about wasting 18$ of course... though had he used godaddy to signup, I suppose he could've saved 9$. Not to mention the "I'm sure they're crazy" hosting fees.

I hope you guys get some good say in what the show covers, or what angle this is coming from, Good luck.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The future is ours!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'd give anything to know what that helm is for.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I'd give anything to know what that helm is for.

Its to help steer clear of bugs, viruses, trolls and TV execs bearing gifts "true good to be true"!

- One Man Short ®

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I think by now our actions over the past three years have indicated a complete dedication to attracting content and delivering features that provide an exceptional experience for our members and guests.

Yes, all of you have.
I have never disputed that, and my mention was not meant in a derogatory manner.

I am with Grady, I do wish the best for everything and everyone in this endeavor.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So... when does ATS get its own country, and can I run for office there?
If there will be shadow people there I withdraw the question. I don't trust those guys.

Edit to add: When we do get our own country, we should stamp "In Simon We Deny" on the back of our currency, or something like that.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by The Vagabond]

top topics

join