It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Conspiracy Masters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

First Mentors, then Tagging, and now Conspiracy Masters.

As we discussed previously in a Skeptic Overview podcast as well as a Two out of Three Amigos podcast, we're creating a new member category on ATS, Conspiracy Masters.

This new category is reserved for existing or new members who can show demonstrate they have been previously published in newspapers, magazines, television scripts, or other paid outlets (special consideration will be given long-standing ATS members based on their history of contributions as a member). Within a few days, a new application form will be available for prospective new members (or existing members) to provide their history of ATS-themed topic expertise. Our senior staff (ATS partners, admins, and supermods) will review each application.

Conspiracy Masters will have the ability to create new threads in the restricted access Conspiracy Masters Forum, and all members will be able to reply and engage the master in discussion related to their work.

Additionally, the upcoming dedicated URL, ConspiracyMasters.com will provide a dedicated publication channel (much like ATSNN.com works now). However, advertising revenue (when it is established) from ConspiracyMasters.com will be shared with our masters.

This is an excellent opportunity for authors, theorists, and researchers to collaborate in a publication venue partnership with a major conspiracy theory destination, AboveTopSecret.com. And, we believe this will be a stimulating opportunity for our members as we seek to attract original thinkers in our core topics.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

However, advertising revenue (when it is established) from ConspiracyMasters.com will be shared with our masters.

If this succeeds will you be creating other such Member driven for-profit categories?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Excellent!

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Within a few days, a new application form will be available for prospective new members (or existing members) to provide their history ...

Two questions:

1. Can we nominate people or do we just rely on people knowing/thinking they are masters?

2. Will all members be able to read these threads like the Debate forum? And can they start threads talking about a Master's thread? (ok that's 3 questions
)

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
We're not ruling out any future collaborative revenue projects, this just happens to be our first opportunity as we attempt to attract new members with an established conspiracy pedigree.

We'll only be reviewing submitting applications, however, we may likely invite a select few members to apply. But be cautioned, we hope to make this a rather exclusive group and will be exceptionally selective.

Yes, these threads (one created) will be wide open for all members. However, moderation will be very strict as we hope our members are respectful of the Conspiracy Masters.

Only Conspiracy Masters will be able to start threads in their forum.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Conspiracy Masters Forum promises to be a giant step for ATS.

Interesting and informed reading for all members...

I'm looking forward to this new development as there will be an effect throughout the rest of the boards by the material these people will bring to ATS.

Evolution

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Will ConspiracyMasters.com will be a Group Blog setup(like Slashdot.org) or a News Portal type setup (like ATSNN)?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wow, talk about a tough call. I've been published widely on the subject of human spirituality, but not even I have the guts to say the subject can be mastered. Even if I could claim that, I don't write for money. I do not believe its a subject that you should be charging for. I have been paid before, but it was secondary to getting published.

Leave it to me to fall in love with a subject that disqualifies me

Still, i'll be reading the application for sure.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I love the "deny everything" tagline, it's perfect!

Should be an interesting forum...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
niiice

ATS is always growing huh???

and this is great...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'd imagine this will explode once the TV show goes on air.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is yet another great idea!
This place is exploding at an incredible pace, so many great new things at once. I can't wait to see some members with this tagline under their names.

Would conspiracy researchers who publish in scientific journals (ie aren't paid by the journal) be considered? I'd hate to see that group excluded. There's a lot of academic research on the sociology and psychology of conspiracy theory.

Are these ideas comming from the council or administration?

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I'd imagine this will explode once the TV show goes on air.

Absolutely.
This should fit in nicely with that.

We're gonna be HUGE.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
wow, this place is growing so fast I cant keep up with it. Its amazing what is going on, will this be on BBC or any digital cable channel? Just wondering if you already have a network to go by yet.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by brodband
Just wondering if you already have a network to go by yet.

Yes. But we can't say who until the official press release that usually goes out when principal filming begins. But we can say the cable network is always part of basic cable packages (at least in the US).

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
To what level of publication are we talking of here? Regional or National newspapers, television and so on/fourth?

I really think this is a fantastic idea, great way to get a certain crowd of people onto these sites who have a long standing knowledge in their areas of expertise and also a great way to get those members on ATS who have made long standing contributions and reward them for their hard work [more so then is done now.]

Looks like this place is getting more and more active and busier by the day.

Just one last question; is this limited to those who have been published in relation to conspiracies or will it stretch to cover authors who have been published in relation to politics [PTS] also?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Are these ideas comming from the council or administration?

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Nygdan]

Administration, my good man this was the Top Dogs own idea.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
For now, this is specific to the topics that appear within the ATS forums only.

The application process will be similar to applying for a journalism position: a cover letter, a CV, links to examples of work, and a 200 +/- word sample of your area of topical focus, or area of intended investigation.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
For now, this is specific to the topics that appear within the ATS forums only.

The application process will be similar to applying for a journalism position: a cover letter, a CV, links to examples of work, and a 200 +/- word sample of your area of topical focus, or area of intended investigation.

That you for getting back to me, SkepticOverlord.

Do such things as public events count? In March of next year, I am doing one with Jon Snow in Oxford on the War on Terror and the Political Conspiracy surrounding it...

The reason I ask is, due to the fact I do not published works, but do actively take part in events such as this on a tri-monthly basis.

Thank you for the answer,
Peter.

top topics

join