It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a question

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Originally posted by johngtr
hello everybody ive recently joined this site, i was a lurker for a while too lol , but could somebody please tell me what the stats next to peoples posts mean, i gather the first one is correct but im not sure about the rest could somebody help me out please

like the p = posts
f = ?
s = ?
w = ?
k = ?

many thanks

john

I'd like to know this as well. W? K? and i'm assuming stars are good and flags are bad?

I didn't find this info either , anyway, i think F stands for friends.W & K remain a mystery xd

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Anybody any clues?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dshly

Originally posted by Fitch303

Originally posted by johngtr
hello everybody ive recently joined this site, i was a lurker for a while too lol , but could somebody please tell me what the stats next to peoples posts mean, i gather the first one is correct but im not sure about the rest could somebody help me out please

like the p = posts
f = ?
s = ?
w = ?
k = ?

many thanks

john

I'd like to know this as well. W? K? and i'm assuming stars are good and flags are bad?

I didn't find this info either , anyway, i think F stands for friends.W & K remain a mystery xd

Both Stars and Flags are good. Stars show that a threader likes what you stated/postulated / Flags are for when you open create a thread and other resonders like what you've put together. Both SnF (Star and Flag) give you ATS points

W = Wats Index it's a total of SnF's (Total ATS points) I forget the exact equation they use but will equal your total wats index. Your Wats index allows certain ATS privelages like posting in the RATS Forum or 9/11 forum.

I forget what K is for... Karma??? Not really sure.

I also forget the value (ATS points) for Stars and Flags.

Hope that helped.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Wow. Thanks for that. I must have been searching for 15 minutes to figure out what the flag was!

It sounds like a bad thing. I had posted in the Introductions forum and saw I had a flag. All I could think was, "Crap! What did I screw up already?"

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I have a typo in my signature banner- how do I change it?
Is there any way to update ones' location in the profile?
I'm not new to ATS...I just decided to stop being a 'lurker' and start contributing.

This is probably a pretty user-friendly site for most, but I find 'Computers for Dummies' to be way too advanced for my old brain cells, so I just bumble along as best I can. . . .
It doesn't appear that too many people get 86'd for being intellectually challenged, so I should be okay....

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Ok my question is how do I get ATS to work on my mobile? Whenever I try to enter the site on my phone I always get the message that the site may be down or moved address but it is the right one. I`ve lurked on the site for years but just recently decided to actually join but forget if there is an app that one has to download for it to work on a mobile. I use a Galaxy S III by the way.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If you start a thread, but place it in the wrong category, can it be moved?
Nugget

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Can I somehow get adblock to work with. ATS?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tjocksteffe

I'm pretty sure Ad Blockers are a violation of the T&C.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
How do I post a new thread or topic.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hi - I'm very new to all this and trying to learn some basics. I would like to know how to quote small portions of other peoples posts in a reply of mine. If this is covered in a FAQ somewhere please point me to it, as I haven't been able to locate the FAQ yet.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm trying to figure out how do you add someone as a friend. I don't see a friend icon anywhere or friend page. Someone said they added me as a friend. I just don't see anywhere that could be a friend page or list. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Although I have passively read ATS threads for a year or two now, I am still very inexperienced with regard to participation. I Tonight I wanted to post a video I watched regarding the possibility of insider trading prior to the 9/11 attacks in order to receive constructive feedback and research guidance. Upon reaching the 9/11 conspiracy forum I learned that I am unable to post until I have achieved 10 WATS. I don't know what that means. If someone could educate me on this I would really appreciate it.

Also, just wanted to say that I have thus far been extremely impressed with the aggressive monitoring of ATS by its moderators. Please know that I only seek to participate to share knowledge within subjects I am well versed in and post threads for which I am actively seeking the knowledge and advisement of others. Thank you. reply to: SimonGray
a reply to: xpert11

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Nevermind, I figured out what WATS are. Thanks anyway. Hope I didn't waste your time. a reply to: Squidleepie

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've been a member of ATS since Nov. 2010, my usual handle is "kalunom" (without the now-added "1").

I left for a bit over a year and am now trying to log back in. Of course I don't remember my password and the email I used when I signed up in 2010 is loooong gone.

Is there anyway to regain this account? Or is it start all over?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Best ats experience?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ManuelB60

Really working to get those 20 posts eh manuel?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ok i have a feeling i might seem really stupid with this question of mine, but it has started to bother me so here:

When someone makes a poor thread opening, there is a moderator note shown about the regulations considering opening posts. It ends like this: "When you click this form-field, this message will disappear."

What form-field? where?
I have never managed to make the mod note disappear. I would like to read the opening post even if it was bad quality stuff.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
I been a member of ATS for a while and despite my user name Im not an expert at everything. However If you new to ATS feel free to ask me a question. I will do my best to answer your questions and If need I will direct them to someone who knows the answer.

Other members are welcome to answer questions. Mods if you feel this thread is a bit off track you can take any action that is needed.

Here some personal advice from Xpert11 note this isnt official advice but it has helped me.

1. Avoid one liners when I first joined I soon got sick of being fined for one lines.
  2. Dont take the debates personly. During my time on ATS I havnt been attacked personly. Take a deep breath have a laugh and be thankful ATS offers such a wide view of opinons.
  3. ATS caters for many interests take the time to vist ATS/PTS/BTS and dont be afriad to ask questions.
  4. Be prepared for culture clashes ATS is a global community this dosnt mean you should make personly attacks on other members or put up with attacks on you personly.
  5. Take a brief look around before posting a new topic. This will help the same topic being repeated. Sometimes I find an article that has new info but dosnt justife a new thread. In that case I will add the new article to an existing thread and try to add my point of view.

Enjoy your stay on ATS !

[edit on 14-12-2005 by xpert11]

[edit on 14-12-2005 by xpert11]

I’m very new to this site, just registered actually the other day... however I have been instructed to find a book “What Men Are Made Of” and I can not find anything even close to that title. This man came into my job one day and we just traded stories then he went on to tell me about himself and his rank. Weeks went by he came back in we chatted more, he then told me to find this book. I looked all over I told him and couldn’t find it after I told him I would find it, thinking it wouldn’t be hard at all. Well, he got me. So I told him I could not find the book then he told me it had to be “given to me”. A year and a half went by, I quit that job and got a job with the state. I was taking my people out to Dublin donuts when he opened the door for me. Before he left he came over and asked me if I found that book yet, I said no it was no where to be found. He instructed me 2 places in horse heads NY had it, I asked if one was Barnes and nobles and he said yes. However I looked in their site and...nothing. Has anyone ever heard of this book, and if so can anyone please help? Your consideration is greatly appreciated as is your time. Idk where to ask and I can’t make a thread yet. I thought this would be good. Thank you.

Z

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I have my own personal video I want to share. How do I get it in a thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join