It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a question

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
What exactly do you by thread mining ?

Digging deep down to an old thread and bringing it back up. Sometimes unpopular due to the fact that if it is old you have to go back and read nearly the whole thread to get the gist of the discussion rather than just keeping up on a play by play with current posts in a new thread.

But thank you both- I feel that I have a good sense of it and will continue to watch the conversational flow.

P.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So I have crawled my way back to this thread

In the two short days that I have been on here I have already racked up a bevy of party fouls.

I blew a post because I could not figure out how to get the video # for You Tube. I then tried to just bail the whole post and couldn't. So there I am with a column of Edits next to my avatar. That's hot!

Then someone somehow ends up on my esteemed foe list, I don't know how. Then they send me a post about it wanting to know why I have done such a crazy thing, and I don't even have enough post in thread to be able to reply and I have to go tag them in their comments section to communicate. Then, I grab the first moderator name that I see at the bottom of a thread in the freshman board here, and cut and paste it into a private post asking them how to fix the stupid problem, and low and behold, I pick the big Kahuna and ask him to solve my problem. I don't realise this till I see his very elaborate bossman avatar. Duuuuurrrrr.

And last but not least I am having difficulty editing a post that I made with my dyslexic spelling.

So, all in all I feel pretty humbled. I feel like the girl spilling her cocktail and appetizer on people at the party. Tell me I'm not the only one who has made such a belly flop into the ATS lake.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
To embed a Google or You Tube Video click on one of the buttons and enter the letters and/or numbers that appear at the end of the URL. You have en counted the social networking aspect of ATS this thread should explain it all. You would have gotten an automated U2U telling you that a member had added you to there foe list.

After a certain amount of time you can no longer edit a post that you have made.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hi,i wanted to know if i can quote an ATS members post from an old thread to a new thread on a similar subject,is this allowed,please help!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I am new here and no the sharpest knife in the draw. Could you please tell me where i can find info on things like points and flags and such. Thank you for any help.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
hello everybody ive recently joined this site, i was a lurker for a while too lol , but could somebody please tell me what the stats next to peoples posts mean, i gather the first one is correct but im not sure about the rest could somebody help me out please

like the p = posts
f = ?
s = ?
w = ?
k = ?

many thanks

john

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
my post would not let me edit so i will write a quick 1 underneath.

i worked out the S = starts F = flags but could some1 please tell me the last 2.

s = stars **
edit on 27-2-2011 by johngtr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I don't know if a similar question has been asked but if it has, then feel free to erase this reply and stamp the word "Moron" upon my forehead.

What inspired you guys to create this website?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr
hello everybody ive recently joined this site, i was a lurker for a while too lol , but could somebody please tell me what the stats next to peoples posts mean, i gather the first one is correct but im not sure about the rest could somebody help me out please

like the p = posts
f = ?
s = ?
w = ?
k = ?

many thanks

john

I'd like to know this as well. W? K? and i'm assuming stars are good and flags are bad?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hey, my profile says I've started like 9 threads, but I have only started one. What's up with that?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I feel like the biggest idiot in the world, especially since I can't find a coherent FAQ where everything is spelled out in one place. I've been trying to figure out forever how to flag posts. Yeah, I have no clue.

Also, in poking around the new user guides, I've discovered that there's apparently an ATS store. However, I can't find it anywhere. Maybe it only exists in the belly of the Loch Ness Monster or something.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
Hey, my profile says I've started like 9 threads, but I have only started one. What's up with that?

i think and i could be wrong that if you alert staff that counts as a thread

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyaena

maybe a limit has been set before you can flag posts.. You might need to get to a 20 post count first orsomething like that.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I had that suspicion, but I couldn't find it anywhere to confirm. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Oh! So it shows how much of a snitch I am...great. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So I had some threads that I had subscribed to, and then one day they just disappeared from myATS. If I search for the one I remember, it's there and I click it and I can't subscribe again. Why does this happen? Is it too old or because no one has posted on it in x amount of time? Thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm confident this is the first website I've used without a fairly obvious route to the FAQ for new users. In fact, that's being generous as I can't even find the ATS FAQ. All I discovered was a pinned, and closed, thread in a forum called 'Freshman something' near the bottom a long mousescroll. The thread was called 'FAQS not answered in the FAQ.' or something similar. From this I assume the original FAQS exist.

I think ATS should move the FAQ to a more prominent position!

I suppose I should ask a question in an 'ask a question' thread. I did have one when I went hunting for the FAQ but I'd forgotten it by the time I gave up. So, I suppose my question is, where's the FAQ?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Oh yes, I remember my question now.

I added a few 'Favourite Forums' to MyATS by mistake. I deleted them by clicking the red cross icon, but the Survial forum cannot be deleted. The red cross stops working. My question was, "Is this a silly joke?" It being the survival forum and all.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

don't question it, rather enjoy it, since you need 20 posts to be able to create threads :p

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What font do the majority of people prefer to use when posting threads? Just out of sheer curiosity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join