It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is religion the worlds biggest conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't believe in god, or the devil... and for that matter I am not sure what to think about when people die, I just don't think about it. But why is "God" the only "real" diety? We are taught in school that all of the Romans Gods are not real, all the dieties that the Mayans worshiped are just not real. These people just created reasons for why the sky was blue and why things did what they did. Would that make God the same thing? Something no one has ever seen, something that just is and created man? Sounds to me like God is just Like Zeus, a made-up diety to explain to early people how they came to be. And then, in the same note, has made rules to live by, so that you go to Heaven. So could religion and God be just some huge governmental conspiracy to control the world, or at least keep the crime down a little? SO many people live good lives so that they do not go to Hell, it is hard for me to see it any other way. I have never seen proof that anyhting in the Bible is real. The hunt for Noah's Ark is going as well as the search for Atlantis, none of the written maps seem to be right.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
actually we might have found atlantis.........funny huh...i do believe in god, but also agree many use religion as way of crowd control....

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
actually we might have found atlantis.........funny huh...i do believe in god, but also agree many use religion as way of crowd control....

Hallelujah.

I'll give people a few more lyrics to consider.

Ras Kass - Interview with a Vampire

www.ohhla.com...

Read 'between' the lines a bit and things start to make sense...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
of course religion is a conspiracy, what better way to subvert someone else's will than to tell them that to achieve salvation you have to give your will to a higher power?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
of course religion is a conspiracy, what better way to subvert someone else's will than to tell them that to achieve salvation you have to give your will to a higher power?

We're all just animals getting by.

Is it our actions or our intentions that define us as 'people?'

(Rhetorical questions are riddles)

The riddle is the answer to the question, born of the flesh what is perfection?[/Ras Kass]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think religion has historically been used as a mass mind-control/influencing tool.

Not to say I don't believe in God (in whatever definition you choose it to be) - But I do think the main religions were definately used to control people by those in power.

Now a days it's easy to disregard the influence religion has/had - but think of a time when there was no mass-media, no TV, internet, radio, even before the printing press, when the most of the general population could not read or write ...... Verbal communication was the main tool of control and propaganda.

I think the main problem is that a lot of people are turned off by religion because they see it as old fashioned and too dogmatic - which it is, but I think a lot of young people especially throw out the baby with the bath-water (if you know that expression).

The term 'God' can mean anything from the traditional Christian judgemental creationist God, to something a lot more abstract like a higher consciousness or a Oneness. A lot of people don't really think about it like that, they just take the accepted image of what God is (the bearded old dude sat on a cloud judging us worthy of eternal bliss or eternal damnation) - And it's this old fashioned view that turns them off from having any interest at all in questioning the meaning of life.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was something those in power (real power, not necessrily politicians) welcome - the apathy towards thinking about such big questions as 'What is God' - It keeps people focused on the physical reality of the world, and thus indoctrinated in the system and it's moral codes and social norms.

I do think there are more than 1 level to religions - there's the face-value level of taking religious texts as the "gospel truth", the unquestioning word of God - This level is for the masses, a tool of social conditioning and mass-population control.

The other level is for the initiated - who have some knowledge or information that is kept secret - that unravels the allegorical tales into the truth behind religion and it's codes of practice, symbology and true purpose.

The masses are taught to believe in the religious text as the absolute truth, with a basis in very simple moral rules, that are clearly (as history shows) quite much more difficult to uphold in practice fully, largely due to much fear-induced control models and much 'hoodwinking' in terms of twisting real events in order to fit a mythology, designed to be used to control a large number of people by influencing their self-worth and their view of the world (this would be called 'propaganda' in a political world, in religion, it's called 'the gospel truth', apparently! (Doesn't that phrase sound suspiciously like an example of Orwellian 'NEWSPEAK' - the phrase has been used in colloquial terms so much, that to question the original source of the phrase is hardly ever discussed, and certainly not by the orthodoxy, the leaders and supposedly the most knowledgable (powerful?) members of a religion.

These high-powered initiates (Bishops, Pope, heads of the Church etc) know that what is taught to the masses is an allegory, but they are sworn into some kind of oath, like freemasons or something, or are indoctrinated themselves into believing that this deception and slight of hand is necessary in order to, well, in order to keep people funding them to be blunt, but also to keep power and influence, as well as financial independence and influence, and to uphold their definition of morality - This keeps their believers in a mind-set that is usually doomed for self-destruction, lowering expectations, fear in the unknown, and a unquestioning, subconscious belief that to seek answers and to question authority is morally wrong, and punishable. All the while dangling a never attainable (at least in this life, and completely as of yet unproveable) paradise afterlife fantasy, where their obedience and constant self-criticism will be rewarded with eternal bliss (not questioning authority is surely a small price to pay, when that authority - The church - is your only tangible conduit to God, and your only source of consolement as to whether you spend infinity in torturous pain, or in an orgasmic state of Nirvana. In short (too late...): to keep people in an infantile kharmic and spiritual state.

Seeing the religious deity (Yahweh (Jehovah), God, Jesus etc), and the church themselves as parents - God is the creator, the stern male archtype - strong, closed off, unobtainable and feared father - The church, the archtypal mother figure - tangible and constant - performing all the necessary parental functions (nurturing, teachings of life, right and wrong, comforting....) - installing an unquestioning wonderment in the distant father-figure, and reinforcing the fathers strict morality, as well as perpetuating a seemingly paradoxical and confusing love/fear image of the father-figure.

Always keeping the child (the followers spiritual beliefs) in a static state of infantile unobtainability, thus retarding any spiritual knowledge/power development. The church is the only source of this information, so what they say is believed as they are the ones closest to God.

Yes, I'd definately say religion was a tool of social control.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Indeed, it is! It is a conspiracy against the whole human race--some sort of definite energy source that is inherent to material reality seeks to fool us into thinking we are hopelessly doomed. It uses, for the most part, the concept of the Living God (which most call the 'judeo christian' god--his name is not 'yahweh' or Jehovah. It is

Which I say as 'yod hay vav hay' even though that's not correct--its actually just spelling it out in Hebrew. I doubt we can pronounce it, truly.
It means simply 'I AM' or more specifically it means variations on the idea of
'I will be that I will be' (as was given to Moses) and after the circle was completed 2000 years ago, it was formally 'I AM that I AM.' Self-existent.

Now, don't think I am a christian, I am not and never have been. Christianity is one of the key players, if not the main player, in the team enacting this conspiracy upon us. It has done a fairly good job of making a mockery of the bible, to an extent--it is the #1 selling book of all time but it's rarely been given the chance to do what it can do for an individual...

God, the Father is not male in essence to fulfill the role of tyranical father--although that is another aspect of the mutilation that has gone on...

Think of four elements--one of their character/identities is as Father, mother, son, and daughter/daughter-in-law...
It has deep metaphysical meaning, it is the concept of the yin yang that makes the circle complete--and out of the negative parent comes the child with the positive polarity--and vice versa...There are generations, levels, cycles, etc.

After the last ice age, when the world was covered nearly completely with water, the Father was the empty negative polarity in the form of the spiritual creative energy that is the source of all things, both seen and unseen, and the fertile mother principle is our mother earth. God put His spirit into the earth and children were formed.

I better halt, I could just go on and on for days about this stuff and never even scratch the surface.

Anyway, I meant to make the point that despite being called 'the judeo christian god' God the Father (I often just think of God as 'THE', inside my mind) has no preference whatsoever for jews, christians, muslims, buddhists, or pagans. Whomever seeks truth within themselves will surely find the very same source, names mean nothing whatsoever.

If its a god with human traits or goals, or physical characteristics or a history such as the greek gods had---it's either total fiction (the image of the beast, the beast being man and the image being the reflection of human thought) or its to do with the lesser beings which are not God, but aren't humans---demi gods perhaps...there are many other existences beside the human one...

The keys are available to anyone and everyone--eventually we'll all walk through that door to the other side (not necessarily post-death but the literal 'other side.') The way to help find the way is to esteem only two things above all others: truth and love. Truth seems hard to find and is currently politically incorrect, it seems....but truth is found within each of us if we shut up our frantic minds long enough to listen. That gut instinct that's always right? That's it. The urge to react to stressors and what-not--the part of man which is emotionally driven? That's the 'devil.' That is 'sin.' It works against us but cannot be beat if we catch on to it...

There's more if anyone is interested....I hate to hog the threads, which I often do....hog them or kill them. *sigh*

[edit on 12/14/2005 by queenannie38]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yes it is...and here is why.

The conspiricy that IS religion.

I suppose if I have but one thing to fear upon my deathbed it would be that eternal damnation is real, and I was about to experience it. I see myself passing to the other side and as I?m kicking and screaming and fighting to get away I?m slowly but surely dragged towards these two huge pearly gates, as they swing open there stands Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson and all the other self righteous maniacs I?ve come to detest in this lifetime. In a horror worse then all horrors ever known I?m thrown thru the gates and they close behind me for all time. For me, there could be no crueler fate.

Why do I detest them? Why do I consider them to be the very personification of all that is wrong with the world today? Why can I not be content walking my own path and allow them the right to walk their own? Please, sit back my friend, relax, and let me explain why I am a spiritual anarchist.

Mainstream religions, it doesn?t matter which one you pick, Have but one goal, to enslave the spirit of all they can convert. They will use threats of eternal damnation, guilt over your simple foils as a human being or the threat of the sword if need be to convert as many as possible to the wretched toil of the spiritual cotton fields. Those they cannot enslave they vilify or destroy.

Like the proverbial monster under the bed the religious fiends are there at the birth of every new child, so that the brainwashing can begin at the earliest possible moment. With pictures and home movies they record the baptism, dedication, the time in their nurseries and the first visit to Sunday school where the real indoctrination begins. Different religions have different rituals but all serve the same purpose, to enslave the soul and ensure the new crop of pew warmers are secure within the legions of the spiritually decapitated.

But slavery is not the true nature of man, and they know this. By the time the child is old enough to begin to explore spirituality, to have a truly spiritual experience, they have nothing to fall back upon accept the mindless garbage that has been drilled into them. The first spiritual experience they have reinforces the brainwashing that they have been subject too. The trap had been set from birth and as it was sprung on the unsuspecting and vulnerable child it delivered unto the masters of spiritual despotism another lifelong victim to be exploited.

I suppose there are those that would say any spiritual path is better than none at all. To them I would reply that a life spent in chains is not preferable to a life lived freely, especially when it?s the very slaves that hold the key to their freedom.

Freedom has never been the easy path. You must accept what challenges come your way, responsibility for both your victories and your failures, and understand that you are in the driver?s seat of your own life.

Religions don?t allow that. They give you a convenient scapegoat any time something goes wrong. The devil did it, or the evil fairies did it or spirits from the dark side made you do it. That?s crap! The devil didn?t kill 230 million people in WWII, The devil never rode in the crusades and wasn?t onboard the airplanes that crashed in the world trade centers. Man did that and until we stop blaming dark forces and start accepting responsibility for our own actions then the killing will not stop.

Religions take away the very thing they promise, a true relationship with the divine. Forcing people to follow the dogma, not allowing any dissent, saying that 10% of your paycheck and an hour or so on Sunday morning is all you need to be saved from whatever terror they?ve somehow convinced you exists is ludicrous. The creator of all things is NOT a Sunday morning happy meal.

I am a Spiritual Anarchist.

There was a time when human beings were enslaved and a few brave souls stood up and cried out at the brutality and injustice of such a monstrosity being allowed to exist. Many died defending the idea of freedom for all against those that wished to keep people enslaved. In time those few became many and even though it took a war it still led to freedom for all.

I?ve no doubt there are those that would kill me for the heresy I proclaim. I will not be silenced. The religions and their leaders whose only goal is to keep humans in spiritual servitude and enslave the mind and soul of mankind must be overcome. It is wrong, it is unjust, and I shall cry out for all to hear that it must be over thrown.

The only true hold that religion has on any people is in convincing them that at death they will lose the most precious gift the divine has bestowed upon them, the gift of free will. If religions lose that power they lose their slaves.

Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call your body, it was a gift bestowed upon your very nature. You had it before you came here, you chose to come here and you have free will now. When you pass to the next world you will still have free will.

Free yourselves my brothers and sisters. Join me in spiritual anarchy and send the religions of this world to the abyss in which they belong. Only when they are overcome will mankind truly know the joy of a relationship with the divine.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Now if the masses could only realize this! I think our species is a little too modern for people to still believe in religions and not just a god. I believe Marx summed religion up perfectly:

"...Man makes religion, religion does not make man. Religion is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again. But man is no abstract being squatting outside the world. Man is the world of man – state, society. This state and this society produce religion, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d’honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against religion is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion.

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. "

www.marxists.org...

- Attero

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You're making me a bit too happy. I wonder what got the ball rolling, was it the demon that visited me or the demon that asked the question?

Whatever it was it was God rebuked them all in his suns' name and I'm so happy I can't help feeling like I have to fix everything.

Baffled/Clarity in delusion - I don't understand the difference anymore.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
G-d/spiritualityis free and available to all.

Religion is very expensive and requires giving up any chance to know G-d on terms that are only between you and G-d.

The boxes they try to put G-d into cost a lot of money, you know. At least it's tax deductible.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Religions take away the very thing they promise, a true relationship with the divine.

My sentiments exactly (as in exactly).

I'm sending a 'way above' vote your way, Wupy!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
You have voted mrwupy for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Well said, mrwupy. Free will is the only thing I'd disagree with, but it's the supposed free will given by some god that I have an issue with.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Inanna, check out this thread and see what you think...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
My opinion, the greatest conspiracy is the suppression of Nikola Tesla's free energy technology and flying saucer technology.

See members.tripod.com...

The second in line is monetary fraud as perpetrated on the world by the central banks.

The third conspiracy is the fraud of Christianity.

See www.conspiracyplanet.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Religion is a crutch for the weak minded, and a weapon for the power hungry. When one becomes wrapped up in the idiom of organised religion, they lose all rationality and ability to think for themselves. Religion is the BIGGEST conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You guys have done a great job in this that I dont even have anything to say!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Dont be too judgemental of god, the old testament is quite an amazing piece of litriture with many connections to the past and future events ie, Atlantis( the flood) and 666(civil unrest and id cards), the main biggest conspiracy in religion is the Jesus story, thats the one thats full of holes.

"If I [Jesus] bear witness of myself, my witness is not true." (John 5:31)

"I [Jesus] am one that bear witness of myself..." (John 8:18)

According to these scriptures, Jesus was a false witness.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamian

Forgive me for being so blunt, then--but where, then, do you fit in this scenario?

Conspirator?
Conspired against?
Aware and not buying it?
Already bought 'at the office?'

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by iamian

Forgive me for being so blunt, then--but where, then, do you fit in this scenario?

Conspirator?
Conspired against?
Aware and not buying it?
Already bought 'at the office?'

All the above

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join