It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is religion the worlds biggest conspiracy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Your a #ing poet man! i have thought about this under the influence of a thinking "agent" (weed) and you took the words out of my mouth, you literally depected everything i couldnt have imaginged emplaining in my own words. i simply dont have the vocabulary to explain what i think. thank you. i have a request though. whats your opinon about governmental cover-ups and a elements realted to that topic? please endulge me. ALso I'd liek to know if i can use a few excerps from this post in somthin i plan on writing in the near future. thank you again.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
"The only true hold that religion has on any people is in convincing them that at death they will lose the most precious gift the divine has bestowed upon them, the gift of free will. If religions lose that power they lose their slaves"

Can someone calrify that for me? im not sure it sounds like hes saying that religion is enslaving people by telling them that when they die they will lose free will. i dont understand how that would make someone want ot follow a religion. i think i may have misunderstood what hes saying there. help me out here...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Pallyfan92

Pallyfan,
I am curious as to whom you are quoting in your post about free will. What is this persons name.??

I hope you understand that in almost every case in the Bible when people followed thier free will..they made a huge mistake.

Ever take a look a the history of humans across the board...about people following thier free will?? By that I mean man substituting his way for God's way. History is replete with this ...over and over and over.

It comes across to me as silly..a person debating or arguing the point about free will after death. It doesnt even make good nonsense. I think that is the nature of the problem you are having with that statement you quote. When one thinks about it..the statement folds back on itself in nonsense when it quotes losing free will after death.

Nonetheless...who is it that made the quote you used??

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
in our attempts to unravel religion, the very concept that is controlling us, we inadvertantly cast upon ourselves the very essence of the preachings. our attempts at rebellion do not lead to world awareness and freedom of the mind, but in turn play into the very hands of the system we fight so hard to reject. we find purpose in ourselves, where we should find serenity. it is mans fear that controls the world, not religion. religion is simply a device in which to give man a purpose and sense of higher being. fear is the very thing religion strives for, fear of the unknown, fear of being purposeless. fear creates insanity, blindness, greed, violence. the devil is not a red man with a red trident, on a throne of flames, the king of the unjust, but rather a device set forth to further mould the path man takes in his life time. the devil is our fear, and consumed by our paranoia we direct ourselves off the path towards the biblical "devil"- just in case. hence we are now controlled.

our romantic thoughts of an eternal afterlife- as promised by religion- are the very quintessence of mans desires. purpose. immortality. you may say that religion controls the majorities, but not you. i say it does. it controls you with its inability to control you. your vehement attempts at rejecting this concept make you a pawn in the hand of the system. religion may be a control device, it may not. the fact remains that although religion may be the most profitable organisation in the history of man, and its influences are every where, the true essence of religion is to direct man towards civil life, in order to be easily controllable by the government, or the ruling powers. although its essence has been warped with time, the basis of it is still there. it is controlling you too with your endless attempts at exposing it. without this control system in place what would become of man? our lust for dominance would prevail, the killing would not stop, but become worse. without any reason for civil living, no consequences for our actions, we would slaughter each other, in an attempt for our greatest desire. immortality and purpose. it is our fear of being forgotten that would drive us to become the most dominant man/woman. only then could we achieve immortality and find purpose in ourselves, by being remembered through the generations, as a great conqueror, etc. without consequence for our actions we could not be civil, as we would quite simply TAKE what we wanted. its far easier to fulfill our needs by just forcefully aquiring them, rather than working towards it. those of strong ethics would fight against those of strong ambition, and the killing would be endless. natures order would be restored- the strongest surviving and the weak perishing. perhaps it would be better to revert to mother natures way of things, a fine eco balance, but it could never be sustainable. a new governing body would take over, with promises of prosperous life and other such propaganda, to benefit the lives of those people that run it, so they could achieve a sense of purpose. they would in turn become our "God". the system cannot be beat, unless we are willing to give up our dominance, and realise that there is no purpose for our lives, other than to coexide with the rest of the world, and that we are NOT immortal, and never will be. the depth of time is unending, and our memories will turn to dust, just like everything else, and our species too shall whither. and will be replaced by another. the world cannot sustain us inevitably, as the sun is a gas ball that is burning out, and our world is a resource that will end too.

nothing last forever, so our only hope for happiness and tranquility to to simply live. my advice would be to drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, smoke weed, eat lavishly(whilst replenishing your consumptions), have pre-marital sex with your girlfriend (infact get out the kama sutra book), wank, raise your children well, study, and just basically LIVE.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The religion is a form of controlling the masses. I consider it a lie, but a good one. The only problem which occured so far, is the atheists. We are the disease which needs to be extermined. Dont be naive. You cannot remove the religion.

The eldest tribes have belived in a greater power than humans.

---Adythewolf

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

If I am a slave as you say I am....then it is a slave to my Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes, I do agree that relegion has done and said some pretty bad things in the front of Christianity. But, that doesn't stamp out the reality of Christ. Of course you can choose to do so if you wish.

But, what if on that day you talk about going through those gates.........What if you see Christ and He says because you didn't believe in me I do not believe in you......sorry, no free pass!

I do not go to a church, that is mostly because I am wheelchair bound and hard for me to get to a church. But, the stroll down my driveway in my chair and feeling the wind on my face, and seeing the beautiful trees sway in the wind I worship my God in my own church. But the key word here is WORSHIP

I feel true fellowship with my creator daily without the use of a pastor but I would like to have the fellowship of other believers from time to time. You can reach God on your own and the Holy Spirit helps us fine tune that relationship to get it as perfect as it can be.

You have the right to vent and express as you wish.......Just do not tell me that I also do not have that same right.

Peace and Love,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
i dont mean to get in on anyones conversation
but just a intresting fact, the egyptians worshiped
a god that had the features of a dog, anubis.

im sure you all knew that.

just look:

anubis/DOG jesus/GOD

if you look into it, it gets pretty deep.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i think the truth is more like humens are in som sort of symbocy whit beings who have inspiret humens to creat stuff and so fourth
symbocy aint a rare thing in natur
symbocy 2 kind of being leving to geter in som sort of beneficial
leving together
vhile the are even profe about thing that cretur of thos kind might actuly exsist look aty scitsufrenick pepol who are talking whit vosis created inside thier mind
thos same pepol see stuff like ufo angels og even ghost
oh saints even in old budhist thy are talking about beings who talks about them self as gods and goddeses and in acient time devoted pepol to a diety even got a visit in thier sleep to make love making

now thos same being might be bord or somtign vhich exsplain how strangh a humen can become sins thos beings can look inside ur mind

while som of you guy might have an old sport acsident wher u might feel the pain from it 1s in a while thos beings im talking about might be abel to remove that pain for you for a man thos being could be a perfect girlfriend friends to have or a femal perfec boyfriend for dreem loving and so on

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Bravo Grandma,

Praise God. Well said..well said. Whenever two or more are gathered in His Name...there is He in the midst of them.

Even here on ATS/BTS are His people. We are a priesthood unto Him.

Halelujah...

Orangetom

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Inanna

Noah's Ark has been found and was documented rather thoroughly and Turkey has a Noah's Ark museum o the spot, no it is not ON ARARAT.

God is real whether you believe it or not and the pantheon of gods is in the Bible very clearly when you don't read into the WORD. They are not gods but demon offspring of fallen angels and daughter of men, GEBOR Giants among men, as with most fables, myths and such there is some nugget of truth, ask any historian if that is true.

Dragon stories throughout the world is the Dinosaurs being slayed by knights.

Flood stories throughout the world say the whole Earth was flooded and the Mayans gave the same date as the Bible does for it's happening in their myths..

The bible is also very clear about people like the OP who claim they don't believe in God and can't see one. I won't post the Bible verse as it would fall on deaf ears anyways. Just know this God is not a conspiracy, Religion is but then Religion is NOT OF GOD...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Noah's Ark has been found and was documented rather thoroughly and Turkey has a Noah's Ark museum o the spot, no it is not ON ARARAT.

Wow!! Great that you know this as quoted above. Not many people out here know this nugget of informations. It is being squelched in most of the media.

I got to thinking many years ago...Noah's Ark cannot be high up on top the mountain called Ararat. IF it were that high up....most of the animals would have perished getting down from those heights for they are not mountain climbers...nor cold weather creatures. God is not that dumb.
If it is on the mountain it is in the lower areas or on the begining slopes of the mountain such that the creatures could survive the trek to favorable living areas.

The whole mountain range is called Ararat..not just the mountain itself. This is something known by the local peoples.

As I recall the area around the site is called Durupınar.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Well you make great points about why it can also be off the actual Mount but let me if I can give you another more Scientific reason why...

First I have to go by the Biblical narrative for this and rightfully so as it is a Biblical narrative. The Bible says that the Earth was pretty flat prior to the flood and that the Mountains came after the flood but before the water receded, SO...

This means that the Ark was above the Mountains as they didn't even exist when they got into the Ark. I want you ALL to do this SCIENTIFIC experiment in your own home, it will prove that it would be NEAR IMPOSSIBLE for that Ark to have rested on a mountain peak...

Take a boat of any kind that you can fit in your bathtub or sink. Fill that bathtub or sink with water then put the boat in the water...

NOW take a rag or whatever and come up UNDER THE BOAT with it like a Mountain rising under the boat, did the boat rest on the peak of your rag or did it slide to the side?

The Biblical Narrative talks about a Mountain range and that the boat rested in the MOUNTAINS OF, this is why I think Ron Wyatt's find is the Ark. It is NOT on the peak but in a valley between them, exactly where SCIENCE would show it should have been landed, remember your little bathtub experiment? It is near impossible to get your little boat to rest on anything coming up from beneath it...

This experiment would hold true if you think that that Earth did have mountains then as the water was above the highest places in the Biblical story, so the boat would still not rest on the mountain peak once the water started to recede it would have slide sideways just like the mountains rising up experiment showed you...

Thanks and I hope this helped some of you!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
When people talk about religion i seem to be the wrong one but then again i go to jesuit skool so a lot of people there no a lot more about religion but i no the truth that they dont no!!!!! i was sent to the principle office cuz i said i was atheist in class. there are so many reasons that i can tell anyone that religion is just an act and just a way to keep people under control. when the church was the highest power in the world well that is now the government. if you were religious when the church was everything then you had to give away 15% of your income ( i am not for sure how much it was) this was called a tithe. What is that now, it is taxes. and also the right hand of god is supose to be the better hand while the left is hell. Then when people do the holy spirit (you go from your forhead to your waist line then to your LEFT shoulder ???? then your rigth) if it is for god then why are we going to the left before the right. and everything they say about all of these stories in the bible OFCOURSE THEY ARE NOT REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are stories that someone made up. and the fact that god is our saver WOW it makes me mad when people say that to me or just even do. whenever my skool does mass i have to refuse a blessing and they still will try to bless me for something or will try to convert me and it pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!! well that is my reply i just wanted to say that cuz i believe people should know what religion really is and what to think of before they let there teachers or parents or even a friend tell me otherwise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Have you read the Ark of Noah..by David Fasold.? In this book is a description of how the ark was built based on what was found in the valley in Durupınar site.

www.amazon.com...

also the museum here in this link

anchorstone.com...

I first heard about this some years ago and was astonished. I am not surprised that the world would not believe this one in particular. It would shake up the foundations of everything. It must be squelched and for the most part is has been.

What David Fasold goes to great lengths to tell is how the olde sailors ..worked what is called drogue stones to tell the depth to the land under the water ...in thier navigation techniques. Thus they did not have to go all the way up to the top of the mountain and be slid down the sides. They could know where the valleys were under the water. He illustrates that Noah would have carried several drogue stones aboard and all around the site...were found drogue stones.

Also found in this book is how the Ark was constructed. It is not built as is traditionally thought by todays experts. It is of very interesting design.

This book is not that easy to find and I had to order it several times before it arrived. Very interesting reading.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Two FACTS about Religion:

It is divisive and causes conflict among people
. Why should we regard Religion as a benefit to humanity when it has proven to be more like a curse.

They say a child born into a religion is a child born with a burden.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyXlog
Two FACTS about Religion:

It is divisive and causes conflict among people
. Why should we regard Religion as a benefit to humanity when it has proven to be more like a curse.

They say a child born into a religion is a child born with a burden.

MyXlog,

I know exactly what you mean. We should not regard the religion of politics as a benifit to humanity...especially in the last hundred years.
This should be obvious by the devoutness and zeal of many politicians in leading our finest people off to the next war. We should get rid of the religion of politics ..for in spite of all the intellectuals in politics we seem to continually get into one war after another war after another.

Yes...a child raised on a diet of emotional television and public schooling, paid for by the religion of the body politic ,would never be able to tell the difference when they send them off to the next war.

Yes...we should definitely get rid of the religion called politics. The adherants to this ancient religion are often to zealous and devout in thier dedication to the party line. Quite devout and religious ..especially when it comes to promoting the next war.
I cannot begin to count the number of times I have heard the body politic use the term "Hitler" to get unthinking people on the political zealous bandwagon ..in order to support the next war and conflict.

I know exactly what you mean MyXlog...well said...get rid of the Religion of Politics...string them up. That way they cannot cause more division and conflict among peoples.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Religion certainly does control and I agree with most of the above. Why was it that until very recently the only compulsory subject in British schools was----------religious "education"?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
You know I would agree with the attitude some here have expressed of "don't worry enjoy life" if what were experiencing as consciousness was indeed life, but it's not.

Of course I do agree there is nothing to worry about, but the reality is we are a form of artificial life, not real life at all.

In truth we are nothing more than dead material with animation, our state of existence IMO should be more accurately described linguistically as a stage of death not life or not real life but rather artificial.

That is what all conscious life is, it's temporary animation and awareness, in a nut shell artificial life.

It is interesting because you'd figure that people who believed in evolution would understood that fact, being so smart and all?

But both religion and science make the mistake of assuming that simply because we are aware and think therefore we must be alive.

It's the old adage I think therefore I am, the greatest and must successful lie ever released into human psychobiology..

----------------

Today's installment from WIG'N ( What Is God Network )

WIG'N #NO 18 Title: Touching God
/ae54w3

-----------------------

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
it is mans fear that controls the world, not religion. religion is simply a device in which to give man a purpose and sense of higher being. fear is the very thing religion strives for, fear of the unknown, fear of being purposeless.

Yes fear plays a huge role in religious control but I see the ultimate role of religion is to maintain conflict between all people - because united we stand - divided we fall.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by My Blog

Some of you folks need to be very careful or more like very much more aware when making statements like those above.

for the very definition of "Fear " you are using is also a definition of the methods of the body politic and used constantly in promoting one political party over another......FEAR.

Vote for us and we will solve your problems and you wont have to be fearful. IN the long run just the opposite happens..we seem to get more and new things of which to be afraid.

By simple reason and logic in observing the political party apparatus in any country and their PREYING on the fears and insecurities of the public...I would go so far as to say by this that they are teaching and preaching a religious doctrine and attempting to sell it off to an ignorant public as enlightennemt...ie....religion. And this without the public even being aware that it is a religious doctrine.
Are the political parties in this country ..the USA..n fact passing themselves off as a new religious doctrine..a dogma...a devout political party line?? It doesn't take much acumen to see this once one breaks the mold in thinking.

It is quite obvious to me that the political system is very devout among its most zealous adherents. Even religious.

Some of the readers and posters are selling themselves short in their thinking.

IN line with religious dogma ..wars and all the other things so many people of logic and reason are complaining about religon...remember..these things are continuing on today in times of reason,logic, and enlightenment. If this is the case ..and so many are wont to use a time warp technique to take us back to the days of the Middle ages or before...How does that explain the conflicts taking place and the millions and millions of deaths in the last 100 years in times of enlightenment, logic, and, reason??
Suggest that some of you find out historically what the name is attributed to the religions of logic and reason.

I think some of you are getting snowed here about religion..it is still here and continuing ..only skillfully changing its guise so that many of you dont recognize it for what it is.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join