It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is religion the worlds biggest conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

According to these scriptures, Jesus was a false witness.

big n00b here, where does islam and isa stand in what u said, completely another topic?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by serlex

According to these scriptures, Jesus was a false witness.

big n00b here, where does islam and isa stand in what u said, completely another topic?

There all quite complimentary of jesus, Muslims believe that Jesus (called 'Isa in Arabic) was the son of Mary, and was conceived without the intervention of a human father. The Qur'an describes that an angel appeared to Mary, to announce to her the "gift of a holy son" (19:19). She was astonished at the news, and asked: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" (19:20).

"Not one recognized religious leader, not Moses, Paul, Buddha, Mohammed, Confucius, etc., has ever claimed to be God; that is, with the exception of Jesus Christ. Christ is the only religious leader who has ever claimed to be deity and the only individual ever who has convinced a great portion of the world that He is God." - Thomas Schultz

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
so you're claiming that jesus was either a divine force or a really good salesman/con artist?

just because the followers of jesus declared him divine, doesn't mean he necessarily claimed it himself

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
so you're claiming that jesus was either a divine force or a really good salesman/con artist?

just because the followers of jesus declared him divine, doesn't mean he necessarily claimed it himself

No i'm not claiming that, i'm saying that he never existed,
Saul of Tarsus was mimiking old myths,

Attis of Phrygia
--Attis was born on December 25 of the Virgin Nana.
--He was considered the savior who was slain for the salvation of mankind.
--His body as bread was eaten by his worshippers
--His priests were “eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven.”
--He was both the Divine Son and the Father.
--On “Black Friday,” he was crucified on a tree, from which his holy blood ran down to redeem the earth.
--He descended into the underworld.
--After three days, Attis was resurrected on March 25 (as tradition held of Jesus) as the “Most High God.

Dionysus/Bacchus
--Dionysus was born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger.
--He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles.
--He “rode in a triumphal procession on an ass.”
--He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification.
--Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25.
--He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine.
--He was called “King of Kings” and “God of Gods.”
--He was considered the “Only Begotten Son,” Savior,” “Redeemer,” “Sin Bearer,” Anointed One,” and the “Alpha and Omega.”
--He was identified with the Ram or Lamb.
--His sacrificial title of “Dendrites” or “Young Man of the Tree” intimates he was hung on a tree or crucified.

Krishna of India
--Krishna was born of the Virgin Devaki (“Divine One”) on December 25.
--His earthly father was a carpenter, who was off in the city paying tax while Krishna was born.
--His birth was signaled by a star in the east and attended by angels and shepherds, at which time he was presented with spices.
--The heavenly hosts danced and sang at his birth.
--He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants.
--Krishna was anointed on the head with oil by a woman whom he healed.
--He is depicted as having his foot on the head of a serpent.
--He worked miracles and wonders, raising the dead and healing lepers, the deaf and the blind.
--Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love, and he “lived poor and he loved the poor.”
--He castigated the clergy, charging them with “ambition and hypocrisy . . . Tradition says he fell victim to their vengeance.”
--Krishna’s “beloved disciple” was Arjuina or Ar-jouan (Jouhn).
--He was transfigured in front of his disciples.
--He gave his disciples the ability to work miracles.
--His path was “strewn with branches.”
--In some traditions he died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves.
--Krishna was killed around the age of 30, and the sun darkened at his death.
--He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven “in the sight of all men.”
--He was depicted on a cross with nail-holes in his feet, as well as having a heart emblem on his clothing.
--Krishna is the “lion of the tribe of Saki.”
--He was called the “Shepherd of God” and considered the “Redeemer,” “Firstborn,” “Sin-Bearer,” “Liberator,” “Universal Word.”
--He was deemed the “Son of God” and “our Lord and Savior,” who came to earth to die for man’s salvation.
--He was the second person of the Trinity.
--His disciples purportedly bestowed upon him the title “Jezeus,” or “Jeseus,” meaning “pure essence.”
--Krishna is to return to judge the dead, riding on a white horse, and to do battle with the “Prince of Evil,” who will desolate the earth

just seem's to be too many of these storys to go round for my liking, the official responce to all these simler saviour storys, is that the devil went back in time to create them to test there faith in jesus,

Rubbish answer, not buying it!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
yeah it's all the devil, he goes back in time and places dino bones in the ground and changes all these other stories to be like christianity!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't see how anyone can make the general statement "Religion is the worlds biggest conspiracy?" What if I were to say "All food tastes like chicken." Obviously this isn't a true statement, there are plenty of foods that don't taste like chicken. So why make the above statement? Have you been in every church, or do you just listen to the news and assume all churches are full of baby molesting priests, and misguided mindless idiots?

And what is religion anyway, dictionary.com definition 3:
"A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader. "

If anyone here is going to make a blanket statement that covers everything, then you need to be able to back it up.

Troy

[edit on 14-12-2005 by cybertroy]

[edit on 14-12-2005 by cybertroy]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
it would be better to say are most current organized religions
::cough:: christianity ::cough::
the worlds biggest conspiracies?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
That is why it was posted as a question... "IS" religion the worlds biggest conspiracy?... so that it is debatable or opinion based.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamian

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

No i'm not claiming that, i'm saying that he never existed,
Saul of Tarsus was mimiking old myths,

Attis of Phrygia

Usually this collection of statements includes the same about Mithras, of whom it is definitely untrue (I don't know about the others). I think all of these statements are probably untrue, and the list was constructed by someone deliberately dishonest (not you, of course).

But have a look. Get a standard mainstream handbook on Greek/Roman mythology out of the library and see if it says any of these things.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I have Bingo, I have a lot of missed oppurtunities that I didn't grab by the 'scruff'y of the 'neck.'

I don't want to cut NE1's head off for any reason.

I AM WHAT I MAKE OF MYSELF.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by roger_pearse
Usually this collection of statements includes the same about Mithras, of whom it is definitely untrue (I don't know about the others). I think all of these statements are probably untrue, and the list was constructed by someone deliberately dishonest (not you, of course).
All the best,

Roger Pearse

Here's what the Encarta online research source says about Mithra:

"Mithraism, one of the major religions of the Roman Empire, the cult of Mithra, the ancient Persian god of light and wisdom. In the Avesta, the sacred Zoroastrian writings (see Zoroastrianism) of the ancient Persians, Mithra appears as the chief yazata (Avestan, 'beneficent one'), or good spirit, and ruler of the world. He was supposed to have slain the divine bull, from whose dying body sprang all plants and animals beneficial to humanity. After the conquest of Assyria in the 7th century BC and of Babylonia in the 6th century BC, Mithra became the god of the sun, which was worshipped in his name (see Sun Worship). The Greeks of Asia Minor, by identifying Mithra with Helios, the Greek god of the sun, helped to spread the cult. It was brought to Rome about 68 BC by Cilician pirates whom the Roman general Pompey the Great had captured, and during the early empire it spread rapidly throughout Italy and the Roman provinces. It was a rival to Christianity in the Roman world."

"Mithraism was similar to Christianity in many respects, for example, in the ideals of humility and brotherly love, baptism, the rite of communion, the use of holy water, the adoration of the shepherds at Mithra's birth, the adoption of Sundays and of December 25 (Mithra's birthday) as holy days, and the belief in the immortality of the soul, the last judgment, and the resurrection. Mithraism differed from Christianity in the exclusion of women from its ceremonies and in its willingness to compromise with polytheism. The similarities, however, made possible the easy conversion of its followers to Christian
doctrine." (End quote)

All the dancing and excuses saying that Mithra was a savior God copied from Jesus is just a desperate attempt to discredit any gods which existed prior to Jesus. If certain aspects of Jesus were indeed copied from pagan gods like Mithra, the whole Jesus story and New Testament are called into question. Some dishonest ppl will always attempt to turn history on it's ear and claim that pagan Gods were copied from Jesus.

Originally posted by roger_pearse
But have a look. Get a standard mainstream handbook on Greek/Roman mythology out of the library and see if it says any of these things.

To get a standard mainstream handbook on Greek/Roman mythology,
would only give me a standard mainstream view on Greek/Roman mythology. There Is No Pretense Of Original Or Exhaustive Research Here. The Information Is Drawn From Popular Books And Standard Reference Works Such As Can Be Found In Any Library. There Have Been Many Thousands Of Pagan Deities, Of Course, And A Truly Complete Listing Of Them Is Probably Impossible. Why This God And Not That One? Why Was This Pantheon Ignored Altogether?

Religion is the most dangerous energy source known to humankind. The moment a person (or government or religion or organization) is convinced that God is either ordering or sanctioning a cause or project, anything goes. The history, worldwide, of religion-fueled hate, killing, and oppression is staggering.

All the best... ian

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think that Religion was an invention of ancient tribesmen.
PICTURE THIS:
The ruler of a tribe tells his people "if you kill, commit crime, etc. you will be punished."

Now a person goes and murders, rapes, steals from the others. The leader Has him killed. "The Criminal tribesman" did these things because he has nothing to be afraid of, he is only gonna be punished once. so he is killed for his crimes & but he is not punished in the after life (most ancient people believed the conciousness was too vast to simply just end at death, sometimes a heaven/hell didnt have to exist for this belief)

But now look at it this way: What if the king said, "if you kill, commit crime, etc. you will be punished by me & when you die you will be continually punished for eternity for what you have done."

Well that would put fear into a person very fast & condition them not to commit crimes.
Then when the tribe split & migrated the language changed, & the Religious stories changed from the re-telling over & over again & the locations where the people change so the religion mutates to fit the region. thats why there are such variations to religions.

But ALL God/Gods/Whoever follow 3 basic things:

1. Don't Kill Another person
2. Follow all my rules
3. You get an After Life (Good OR Bad)

[edit on 8-2-2006 by DarkmaatTao]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So, maybe haveing a faith, or religion is not the problem but churches themselves. They are alway asking for money, hence the offering tray. God does not need money, nor does Jesus. The church needs money. I know some churches use the money for good things like charity and orphonages. But I bet most churches don't.

When I was younger I was told it does not matter where you pray, God can always here you.

Why do we need churches then?

As far as Jesus being crucified, lots of people were crucified in that period. So, if he was real he was just a name, I think. Maybe he was just a crazy man and got a little too much attention.

www.islam-foreveryone.com...

www.halexandria.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't believe religion is a conspiracy, but I do believe that religion has, in some instances, been used by leaders to control their subjects.

Getting rid of religion will not rid the human race from being mass controlled. (During Communism in Eastern Europe, Communists banned all practice of religion. Churches were wiped clean, and used to keep animals inside them. The governments were terribly corrupted, even more-so than during the time when religion had a hold of it. Some people, those who were not afraid, or very devout, still practiced their religions inside the privacy of their own homes.)

If religion is banned, science will take over. To give an example how science might replace religion; Think of catastrophic events like the Global Warming scare, bird flu, war, etc. Global Warming especially has such power, that it will create new laws (and in some parts of the world it already has). These laws and regulations have the potential to destroy highly developed countries. (I'm using Global warming only as an example of what power lies behind science). Breeding mass fear into the human race, and providing them with "protection" is the ultimate tool of control. It does not matter whether religion, science, or some other form of fear is used, as long as it is effective.
The strong will always dominate the weak, whether it happens by physical force, or the ablility to be more clever than the rest. This is why they say "knowledge is power".

This is how I think of religion; If it keeps my neighbor from killing, and/or robbing me, it has served it's purpose in my life.
I'm glad that some criminal activity is diminished thanks to the fear of punishment in the afterlife. If the man or woman knows they can escape from the grasp of our human authorities (police), but know (or feel) they will not escape the sight of God, and hence decide not to committ the crime, religion has fulfilled it's purpose.

Religion can also comfort it's subjects in time of pain and suffering. It has many positive aspects. Problem is, religion is, and has often been used by someone with a personal agenda. So has science, and I bet it will play a major part in our futures.

The following sentence (though literally unrelated) somehow summs it up for me: Guns don't kill people,..... people kill people. (Guns being "religion", for those who didn't get it.
)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I can tell some of you guys are atheist but. Wouldn't you guys agree at least that Revelation are the most fascinating part of the whole Bible? Have you guys ever heard of the Salvation Revelation podcast? And No Where to Run? With Chris White?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenEmpires

Atheists are too busy fighting God to accept anything from Him such as in the Bible. Iv'e noticed recently on the ATS that this whole religion bashing, maily at Christianity, is like a simalar campaign going on right now on the You-tube. They pose questions as if they are really questions but it's only meant to try to sway weak minds and possibly snatch a few souls on the way to hell. It's the same system over and over. So no, they don't even care what is in Revelation, even though it's unfolding before their own eyes. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
No atheists, religion is not the worlds biggest conspiracy, it's secular humanism. It's atheism. You yourself know that the thought of God is always there in your mind. You can't get Him out so you have to do this atheistic missionary work to ease the conviction. But when you wake up every day and open your eyes, there it is... the thought of God.

But to play along for a momment, no, religion is not the world's biggest conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Global warming, or climate change if you prefer, is the current world's biggest conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
religion and the bible is all one big story. people start asking questions that no one has the answer thus religion n bible where created adam n eve werent the first people on earth. if they were you really think there name would be ADAM and EVE?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have to agree with the original poster..Inanna way back in 2005.

When I bother to watch the news on the television or listen to the radio when doing chores around my house...it seems so stamped out...both on the radio and the boob tube. It is like a Xerox copy of the same thing over and over and over...droned in again and again...by the same xerox machine.

I listen to the rhetoric of the dominant political partys in this country (USA) and it once again comes out as a xerox copy. Just like the news formats it comes across as very devout and zealous arguments from either side.

When you see enough of this over and over and over...ad naseum...it occurs to you one day...that this ...by its very zealousness/devoutness is in fact a religion being promoted by the political partys and the media. We are supposed to think it is above and beyond religion but it has become obvious to me that it is precisely that...a religion. To me the media is also an important part of the priesthood...shilling for thier respective political partys.

Politics is therefore a religion with devout and very zealous adherents. The difference being here that many of the rules and guidelines for poliltics are not clearly defined...not all of us have access to the dogmas actually practiced by the body politic. It is a closed shop to many of us.

A closed shop..think about this carefully. A closed shop means a feudal class in a system paid for by the public...which affects the public. This is a definition of Feudalism...Royalty. In its hidden nature ...it is also a definition of Occult. Occult also implying a religion known only by a chosen few initiates. This is also the definition of the Ancient Mystery Religions.

Think I am crazy in making such a connection or concept?? Think about it this way in case you have a difficult time dealing with what I am proposing here.

The body politic..in all its hidden, concealed, feudal, closed shop, Occult practices...pays for and finances ,controls, and regulates our public education. If you dont understand this import and implication...well ...you are going to have lots of problems when certain events transpire.

I want to point out something else ...along the same or similar lines. Someone posted something about Science.
In the same vein..Science would also make a very sorry religion since much of Science is financed by the same, concealed, feudal, Occult, closed shop as government.

Dont get me wrong here ..I am all for seperation of church and state...
I am just pointing out that things are not as seperated as you are lead to think. Also that religion covers much more ground than our public educations ever want us to understand.

In this manner and for these reasons...I agree with the OP in that religion
is one of the biggest conspiracys today. Especially among those who dont know how it is happening all around them.

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join