NEWS: Mysterious Outbreak Of Mud And Gas Geysers In Oklahoma Has Officials Puzzled.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Geysers spewing mud and gas have appeared throughout the countryside of rural Kingfisher, Oklahoma. Some of the geysers appeared close to each other as close as a quarter of a mile appart, while others are as far appart as 12 miles.

seattlepi.nwsource.com
KINGFISHER, Okla. -- An outbreak of geysers spewing mud and gas into the air in rural Kingfisher County is puzzling state and local officials.

Kingfisher Fire Chief John Crawford says initial reports of the geysers came in Friday morning, and that firefighters and Oklahoma Corporation Commission officials were on the scene yesterday.

The geysers have appeared throughout the countryside of rural Kingfisher, with stretches of up to 12 miles between spots, and some as short as a quarter of a mile.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The story continues stating that officials do not believe the gases will ignite, but there is the possibility of the gases coming up through water-well lines.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You know what's causing this...? I do.

Have you noticed how there have been a rash of sinkholes all around the World? I have, & it's been happening for years.

It's called the tunnel boring machines. They've been tunneling all over the US, & all around the world. For what reason? I only have a suspicion, & it has to do with the New World Order, & I haven't put it all together yet.

What's causing the geysers to shift though? That's because when a tunnel borer runs into an underground (these are now computer operated machines, using GPS tracking to move) water source, like an underground river, or a geyser, it ends up re-directing the original flow of that source.

This is a hypothesis only, nothings been proven...yet.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I thought I've seen this posted already with a few replies... Maybe I had a weird time travel experience in my mind... Who knows...

I wonder if this has anything to do with Yellowstone and the Oregon Bulge

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I doubt this has anything to do with any "tunnel boring machines." The reason is probably more down to Earth. There is a lot of seismic activity going on all over the US, such as bulges in Oregon that scientists believe could be a new volcano forming, or the large fissure that appeared in Texas sometime this year.

The seismic activity has been picking up and it has nothing to do with "tunnel boring machines."

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
OK here's my not so crackpot theory

seismic activity has increased all over the world this is due to the natural
cycle of the earth.
the centre core of the eath is under extreme pressure and every so often(dont know how long ask the dinosaures) it builds enough pressure to under go fussion for a short period of time...causing volcanoes that have been dormant to start up...take a look at global warming and it fits

sounds stupid i know but heres my reasoning

1. oceans are getting warm this i belive is not due to extra sunshine and heat being trapped due to co2 try heating a pan of water with a magnifying glass it wont work
but heat it from below where the heat is 100% contained and its easy

2.satelites in L.E.O's are coming out of orbit early due to an expanding atmosphere causing friction to slow them down over the years

3.satelites built to detect mouons that are a by product of fussion/fission wich examine the suns solar activity have detacted them coming from the earth in such amounts that they can't explaine.

the earth is streching due to pressure from within how bad this gets is anybodys guess

could be why america is grabbing as many of the earths resourses as possible with little or no regard for ecological rammifications.if this gets worse the kyoto protocal will be useless as all fault lines will open.

well i here the door being knocked it's the guys with the straight jacket to take me away.........:-)

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I don't think a magnifying glass would work to heat a pan of water up, you'd have to think a little more proportionally. Like a large heating lamp over a smaller pan. Granted it may not heat up the water like a heat source under the pan would, but it'd be easier. Now put a plastic bag over the pan and put a lot of CO2 in it and see what happens. You'd also have to find a way of measuring the surface temp as well as the temperature at different levels in the pan too. It just can't be as simple as you explained. Good analogy though!!

I do like the theory on this, do you have any links to what you read that helped with your theory? Or was this conjecture? I'd be interested in reading more up on this too since I haven't heard anything about it...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bortsamson

3.satelites built to detect mouons that are a by product of fussion/fission wich examine the suns solar activity have detacted them coming from the earth in such amounts that they can't explaine.

bortsamson,

Can you provide a link, possibly, for the one above. This is the first time I've heard about increased muon detection rates! I'd like to read up on this one. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
``

i bet cha somebody might be wise to check out those 'capped' oil wells dotting the OK countryside.

it might just be possible that whatever is causing that hot-spot
is also pushing up deep level pools of oil along with the gas & hot mud

this Oklahoma area is fairly close to the New Madrid area, no?
(at least closer than yellowstone....if someone's thinking there's a connection between those two)

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Does anyone know if this water that that is coming up is consistent with ground water or does it seemed to be warmer? I ask because I wonder if the gas and water is being forced to the surface by a new and expanding magma chamber under the ground. As it grows and fills it would apply pressure to the crust above it which would squeeze out fluids trapped in the ground. Its like putting a wet sponge in between your hands and applying pressure. The water will find its way out between your fingers.

I would check for the existence of sulfer and elevated water temperatures.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

this Oklahoma area is fairly close to the New Madrid area, no?
(at least closer than yellowstone....if someone's thinking there's a connection between those two)

Nah - it's not that close. It may be closer than Yellowstone, but it's not that close. It would be about 600 miles to the New Madrid zone.

The idea that this could push up some production into long depleted wells is an interesting thought! lol

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Does anyone know if this water that that is coming up is consistent with ground water or does it seemed to be warmer? I ask because I wonder if the gas and water is being forced to the surface by a new and expanding magma chamber under the ground. As it grows and fills it would apply pressure to the crust above it which would squeeze out fluids trapped in the ground. Its like putting a wet sponge in between your hands and applying pressure. The water will find its way out between your fingers.

I would check for the existence of sulfer and elevated water temperatures.

Indy, I have heard no data reports on these yet....just media reports. Is this something I need to do a road-trip for? Get some pics, see if I can stumble onto some geologists or such hanging around the area?

This one might be worth a drive.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well I can tell you that if it were in Indiana I'd be hitting the road
It may be like finding a needle in a haystack though unless you can get an address. I do believe that the only way to get a real feel for how this is would be to see it in person. It may be something played up by the media. Or you may see it and say "wow we have a problem". A roadtrip and some good pics would be nice.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
another factor is to see if this geyser pattern spreads to the west, as it would follow the Blaine formation of gypsum and alabaster (originates in Kingfisher).

The blaine formation is hill chain, made of gypsum, and selenite... it is a rather dissolvable material, and is consistant with sinkholes forming. It includes the great salt plains, as well as the only gypsum cave network known today (Alabaster caverns)
it also includes an area known as Boiling Springs to the NW. These are warm springs that occur naturally... It would gibe that these new geysers are "the other end of the tube" as it were...

here is an explanation of the area, and the geographical info
Oklahomas Dissolvable rock

I think that Oklahoma is essentially a huge sponge... we all just live on a blanket of red clay, that covers the various connected pockets of former oil beds, gas beds, and water aquifers... not to mention the pockets left by these dissolveable minerals...
the clay will hold though, sinkholes are not as common as you would think, with the pockmarked undersurface that we okies live with everyday...

wouldn't be surprised to see an entire city slowly sink a dozen feet or so though...

[edit on 13-12-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I just hope this isn't a prelude to something really big about to blow. This could be the beginning of the end for us, as the Earth gets revenge for centuries of human abuse by throwing every possible natural disaster at us that it can- including places that normally wouldn't be affected, such as Oklahoma (except maybe for tornados).

Let's just pray all these "the end is near" kooks are as wrong as their predessesors were decades and centuries ago.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You guys - I'm posting on two threads about this and I can't keep up!

LOL!

I'm getting more and more concerned that there is a connection between these geysers popping up and this Burlington Northern train derailing right about the same time just 40 miles from Kingfisher.

What's making it more curious, other than the timing and location, is the fact that they blame "outbreaks of brush fires" on this train derailment. But I'm finding nothing that can verify there was anything involved with the train derailment that would have caused multiple brush fires.

www.channeloklahoma.com...

This is getting weird!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Very interesting stuff here on Global warm/cooling

The Iceman Cometh

Here's an excerpt that could explain a lot of the seismic activity we are seeing;

The proponents of global warming insist that the climate is getting warmer. They cite all sorts of contradictory evidence based mainly on computer modeling. And their models have consistently failed to conform to reality. The things they confidently predict will happen simply don't happen. It's a classic case of GIGO -- garbage in, garbage out.

They cite as one proof of warming average global mean temperatures which in reality should be termed global meaningless temperatures. Averaging out temperatures from around the globe will not give any indication of what is actually afoot. What matters is how hot it is in the tropics and subtropics and how cold it is at the poles.

Using global mean temperatures in this case is something like reporting that the average mean score of a 14 point-to-six point football game was 10 points, without giving any other information.

It ignores the fact that one team won and one team lost!

The case for global cooling, on the other hand, deals with demonstrable facts. And it explains much of the phenomena that puzzles most of the scientists who deal with them.

Take volcanism, for example. Volcanologists are scratching their heads over the vast increase worldwide in volcanic eruptions. The current eruptions in Monserrat and Hawaii have wondering what's behind the increase in volcanic activity and what's next.

Global cooling proponents have a ready explanation: the increasing weight of the fast growing ice caps at the Poles.

As Peter Tomkins and Christopher Bird explained in their book, Secret of the Soil: "... ice and snow, accumulating at the poles presses down on the planet, causing it to bulge at the seams like a balloon. This triggers the pre-stressed earthquake faults into slipping. Hence earthquakes . It also causes volcanism -- potentially more dangerous -- by squeezing magma and causing eruptions. The colder it gets and the more snow presses down on the Poles, the more magma is compressed and volcanoes act up."

Scientists studying the so-called El Nino phenomenon, exhibit frustration over their inability to understand what causes the waters of the Pacific to heat up, creating all sorts of climatic aberrations. Explanations are a dime or dozen. And none of them even scratches the surface of reality.

Yet the answer is deceptively simple.

The mechanics described above by Bird and Tomkins supply a ready explanation for El Nino. Red hot magma squeezed from beneath the Poles finds release through cracks in the eastern Pacific Ocean subflooring, superheating the surrounding waters. Dr. George Kaplan explained this as far back as 1984, but nobody paid any attention to him.

The increasing severity of storms, heavier rainfalls, blizzards leaving deeper and deeper snow in their wake , flood after flood all over the globe and droughts such as the those now devastating such places as North Korea are also results of Mother Nature's closing out of the current interglacial.

As the ice packs grow, they send colder and colder air toward the equator. That increasingly colder air eventually meets with tropical air, and it is axiomatic that when cold air clashes with hot air there is violent weather. And the icier the cold air and the hotter the warm air, the more violent the weather.

This process feeds on itself. As the amount of atmospheric CO2 increases, more moisture is sent Poleward, resulting in more snowfall to build heavier and heavier polar ice packs which fail to decrease in summertime because the cloud cover created by the moisture-laden air transported from the tropics prevents any thawing.

As the ice packs grow deeper and heavier, more magma is squeezed out and sent toward the equators, creating more volcanic activity, which spews more and more volcanic ash into the upper atmosphere, along with enormous quantities of greenhouse gasses. This results in greater and greater amounts of moisture-laden clouds being sent Poleward. And so on.

A very interesting theory. So global warming is real, but it won't last forever...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
an odd paradox that only a few people want to discuss you have discovered. As "global warming" continues the exact opposite of what you think begins to happen. The planet actually begins to cool.

The circulation in the atlantic begins to slow because of the increase in fresh water from the north due to melting polar ice caps, which cause a temperature weather drop for europe which results in cooling of the air mass and in turn will eventually cause cooler air to return to the pole and cause snow and ice to build up. If you could track the timing of this cycle you might see three of four different warm/cool trends. A cycle within a cycle if it were. We could be on the verge of a new master cycle one that lasts 100 or 200 years. We may have in fact enjoyed the "warm" part of the cycle and are actually going to enter the "cold" cycle again. It maybe cold for 100 years or more until the polar cap becomes saturated once again.

in any event this has been the natural cycle of the planet for eons. More fresh water, certain fish die and certain fish flurish, after awhile the seas become overburdened with dead fish and decaying matter at the same time the rate of the ice cap melting drops off and the sea slowely returns to its levels of salinity and the planet moves into a new warming cycle.

We are but a dot on the planets history of warm and cool cycles.

As for the odd geysers of water and gas. My thoughts are exactly what someone already guessed a huge sub surface magma pocket has risen and is heating pockets of water and breaking down gas trapped rock materials, which is causing them to vent to the surface. No big deal but no way to stop it, unless we do some geological surveys of the area to determine if we can vent from a master "tube" all the energy coming up. If they are independant vent "tubes" then, well we will just have to live with it and OK will get some new hot springs...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This isn't anywhere near where they are storing natural gas by pumping it underground is it? Might be one of those systems has sprung a leak. Or as it has been said something might have shifted underground and released a pocket of gas that is seeping to the surface.

EDIT: SORRY! I just did my first official screw up as a mod. I hit the edit button and put my comments in your post instead of hitting quote.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME...I'm a rookie!

[edit on 12-13-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Kingfisher Geyser Video

See the above link for those interested in a Newsclip Video from NewsOK on what the geysers look like.
According to their local officials, there are no Gas Line cracks, or other geoscientific abnormalities.

AB1

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hey, Muaddib, neat find. here's a link to an article with a few pics www.enidnews.com... . Yadboy, I don't ahve time to check that whole article out, but I posted some stuff a while back that supports what robertfenix is saying about the cooling effect of warming, and the observable shutdown of the Atlantic Current that warms eastern Europe. If you look around a little, you can find maps that show sea surface temperature anomalies, updated fairly regularly. The most impressive bit of info they convey to me is the HUGE tongue of polar meltwater coming out of Baffin Bay. The theory about a huge increase in the unevenness of global mass distribution due to snow accumulation at the poles seems unpalatable, to say the least. Remember the photos of the breakup of the Larsen Ice Shelf?
The bit about undersea magma overheating the oceans is equally unbeleivable, there have been spreading centers at the mid-oceanic ridges for millions of years.
My guess is that ol' Mom Earth is just releasing a little energy there. Maybe a seismic event is on the horizon, but there has been no significant precursor event that I know of, and the area is not exactly a hotbed of earthquake activity. I'll put my money on deep movement - batholithic intrusion - and probably pressure-related release of the gas/water due to slow squeezing from underneath, rather that heating. But what do I know.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join