It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for help in an OOBE

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
thanks for the info AkashicWanderer....

allow me to retort..

No, i have no freakin clue what to do after my body is asleep.

I guess a few things i will have to ask as a basis...we all have to start somewhere right..plz let me know if i'm buggin you too much..(i hate annoying people)

The basics...

obviously, relax.
First off, how do i put my body to sleep, while maintaining conciousness...I was concious last night....i tried it...weird.
but i don't know if my body is asleep, how do i know when that happens?

I guess after that, is the next step related to lucid dreaming? or at that point will i have to try to "escape" so to speak.?

i really appreciate your help..i am very excited about the possibility of this.

Here is what happened last night:
  • I sat up, sitting in bed, before i lay down, and spoke out loud that i wished to project, and was asking for help..even if it was for only a minute. just to verify that it is possible at first.
  • I relaxed my body, this time, it was very very fast....i really didn't have a chance to tell myself to relax, i just went numb all over..
  • At one point, i thought something might happen, my body felt tingly, and i got a rush in my face (not painful), but all over....i tried to keep my mind clear (which was hard....misc. images flashed in my head occasionally...)
  • Also, i noticed that my body was very very heavy. as if gravity had increased. After staying in this "limbo" state for awhile with no successful anything, i told myself that it was over, and i was gonna go to sleep, i opened my eyes, and i was paralized.!!

• Why was i paralized for about 5 minutes, to which was very slow to recover?? was this due to the meditative state?

I would like to try again tonight, and i would like to know where to go again...baby steps i guess....can't have the steak yet i suppose.

thanks for all your help !!

• posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:01 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
    thanks for the info AkashicWanderer....

You're very welcome

No, i have no freakin clue what to do after my body is asleep.

Once you feel as if your physical body has gone to sleep, the next step is to test it. Simply get up as you would in the morning, and take a jump with the intention of flying. If you are in the astral, and you really believe that you will fly, it will happen.

There is no sure fire way to tell if you are asleep. It has to be an intuitive thing. A feeling that you get, and that you act on. Sometimes there are certain sensations that are felt by people when their physical body has gone to sleep. These sensations vary so much that they are also not an absolute way to test if you're asleep. One sensation that is very common however, are weak or strong vibrations. If you do feel such vibrations I suggest that you test to see if you're in the astral; otherwise simply wait for a feeling.

I guess a few things i will have to ask as a basis...we all have to start somewhere right..

Certainly

plz let me know if i'm buggin you too much..(i hate annoying people)

Not at all, that's why I'm here, to learn from others and hopefully help others do the same.

First off, how do i put my body to sleep, while maintaining conciousness.

If you completely relax your body, and begin to practice a technique that allows you to mantain consciousness, your physical body will naturally go to sleep.

I guess after that, is the next step related to lucid dreaming? or at that point will i have to try to "escape" so to speak.?

If you happen to mantain consciousness while allowing your body to go to sleep, and then enter the astral, you will not be in a lucid dream. I say this cautiously however, because lucid dreaming and astral projections are very closely tied. An astral projection can quickly turn into a lucid dream and vice versa. It is almost inevitable that when you astral project there will be certain dream or fantasy elements in the projection, that were created by your mind. In the astral there exists two types of matter, objective and subjective. Subjective matter is created with our thoughts, and this is the kind of matter that our dreams are made up of. Objective matter is real and not dependant upon a person's fantasy for existance. Subjective matter can only be seen by you, but objective matter is seen by all practicing astral projection.

With this in mind, we see that the only thing that separates a lucid dream from an astral projection is the amount of subjective matter in the experience. If the subjective matter is in larger quantities than the objective matter, it could be said you are in a lucid dream. If on the other hand the objective matter outnumbers the subjective matter, you are astral projecting. In a lucid dream we can only explore our fantasies and our subconscious mind, while in an astral projection we can explore real and tangible things that are not created by our subconscious.

So to answer your question, it depends upon how aware and conscious you are to make the experience either a lucid dream or an astral projection. Most of the time, when you split from your physical body, you will be experiencing an astral projection. This astral projection however, will most likely not last a long time, and will slowly (or quickly) turn into a dream.

If you find yourself having a lucid dream, it is possible to turn it into an astral projection. Simply clear your mind and stop identifying with the dream. The dream exists only because you believe it is real. Once your mind stops creating more fantasy, and you realize that the dream is not real, it will begin to dissolve. What will be left will be objective astral matter.

• Why was i paralized for about 5 minutes, to which was very slow to recover?? was this due to the meditative state?

• While practicing your chosen technique I suggest not paying any attention to the sensations that you might experience. It is important to mantain concentration in order to mantain consciousness.

What you experienced was sleep paralysis. There are various threads on ATS, and many internest sites that talk about this subject. Personally, I've never experienced sleep paralysis, but have talked with many people who have. It is usually thought to be a natural precaution that your body takes while you are asleep so that you cannot harm yourself.

Since you experienced this phenomena I believe that you were already asleep

When you feel like you're about to give up, simply test to see if you're in the astral. Had you done that last night you might have met a pleasant surprise

Inverencial Peace,
    Akashic

[edit on 20/12/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:58 PM
    link   
    Thank GOD for all you nice people here on ATS... If it weren't for you, I'd have to Order a Ludic-Dream-Kit for 59.99 from some Google Acclaimed site.... ATS is like my Free, Astral Travel Agency 24 hour Troubleshooting Hotline. You guys are all great, even when you clash in beliefs. The broadness of it all just excites me. Hopefully I will be able to find an emtpy Cubicle somewhere at the Hotline. This is something that everyone should try to participate in.

Think about how cool it would be, if we could all succesfully Astral Project. Then all meet somewhere. Though I don't know the details of how the Astral Plain looks. Thankfully, we are all helping each other to induce OBE/AP's.

I had a question also, why is it that we wouldn't be able to see the Subjective Matter that another 'Projectionist' is manipulating? It seems odd to me. Maybe it has to do with Subjective matter not connected to the objective matter, in a sense of visualization? But I think it could be that we are taking the Visions for Granted, as we used to take dreams for granted. Isn't AP only seeing the world through your subconscious? (Using the term 'World' loosely) Or seeing the 'Subconscious' world? Couldn't you look at the subconscious mind of the other. And like how TheRiverGoddess talked to her friend with though. Couldn't we portray ourself in thoughts?

I think we should work hard, to attain almost total control over Astral Projection, and Lucid Dreaming, and help others to do the same. And once we are accomplished as far as we might feel required. Have a Party somewhere in the Astral Realm!!!

(I feel like I'm proposing that we vacate our bodies in search of a more, free being, such as a body made of Subjective matter, thus evolving beyond our mortal selves, and become an attraction at some Circus Caravan. "The First Society, evolved Past Their Physical Bodies"!! Though I'm sure no one would agree to doing such a thing, nor would I attempt in doing so... I love my friends, and they just ... Well... Aren't the brightest of people)

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:06 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Kokasion
    If it weren't for you, I'd have to Order a Ludic-Dream-Kit for 59.99 from some Google Acclaimed site....

Not recommended

It's not good to build dependency on any sort of external information or equipment to achieve these experiences.

ATS is like my Free, Astral Travel Agency 24 hour Troubleshooting Hotline. You guys are all great, even when you clash in beliefs. The broadness of it all just excites me. Hopefully I will be able to find an emtpy Cubicle somewhere at the Hotline. This is something that everyone should try to participate in.

Plenty of empty cubicles near me

I'm glad you're enjoying ATS, I've learned a lot from it as well. It's a great place for learning about differing points of view, and discussing your own.

Think about how cool it would be, if we could all succesfully Astral Project. Then all meet somewhere. Though I don't know the details of how the Astral Plain looks. Thankfully, we are all helping each other to induce OBE/AP's.

Once enough of us are proficient at Astral Projection it would be a good idea to organize a group meeting. I know a number of movements that hold such meetings every 3 months or so, at strategic locations such as Mount Everest or the Pyramids. Next time one of these movements organizes one of these communal meetings I will be sure to let you guys know.

I had a question also, why is it that we wouldn't be able to see the Subjective Matter that another 'Projectionist' is manipulating?

This is because the subjective matter only exists in the Projectionists psyche. If another Projectionist were to access the other person's psyche it would be possible to see the subjective matter they have created. This is how some people are able to enter others' dreams. Normally however, each person is living their own fantasy, unaware of the dreamers around him.

It seems odd to me. Maybe it has to do with Subjective matter not connected to the objective matter, in a sense of visualization?

Right, the two aren't directly connected. One is real, one is simply mind-made.

But I think it could be that we are taking the Visions for Granted, as we used to take dreams for granted.

Yes, this is called identifying with your dream. Once this identification stops, the experience turns into an astral projection.

Isn't AP only seeing the world through your subconscious? (Using the term 'World' loosely) Or seeing the 'Subconscious' world?

I don't really know what you're trying to say.

If you're referring to the astral dimension existing only in your subconscious, I would not agree. That's just my opinion of course.

Couldn't you look at the subconscious mind of the other. And like how TheRiverGoddess talked to her friend with though.

Yes, as I talked earlier, you can access the subconscious of others.

Couldn't we portray ourself in thoughts?

You can also create a fantasy through your thoughts.

I think we should work hard, to attain almost total control over Astral Projection, and Lucid Dreaming, and help others to do the same.

Amen.

Inverencial Peace,
    Akashic

[edit on 21/12/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

Toc

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:13 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Yarium
    Well, last night I tried again - and once again all I did was keep myself awake for a few hours. Checking here now in the morning, I find it interesting to hear some things.

First, yes, perhaps I'm just not relaxed enough.

Second, I am interested in this sleep deprivation thing. Three days without sleep... I've done three days without eating (though that was more to calm myself after a horrible event), but never three days without sleeping. Also, when you say meditate during that time, do you mean full-blown meditation, like literally doing nothing? That's pretty crazy and intense, I must say. I'll wait for an answer on that before attempting to do so.

On a side note, last night, as I felt like I was on the precipice again, I started to feel like there were 2 meat-hooks lodged in my fore-head, almost trying to pull my skin off. I also felt like I could turn my head without turning my head, but I'll say that was more of the "diziness" feeling (like when you'r sick and you feel the room is spinning) before I chalk that up to "getting close".

Thanks a lot for all the constructive input so far.

Hello Yarium, i just noticed you are from Ottawa as well, so i went and checked your recent post to noticed you were looking into doing OBEs.

I thought i would hop on and give you the name of a nice book i bought at the chapter near Greenbank and the Queensway.
    The book is Mastering Astral Projection, 90 day guide to out of body experience
    by Robert Bruce and Brian Mercer. ISBN 0-7387-0467-9.

I believe most of the book is available online as well. And this book has been great so far. You can check www.astraldynamics.com... and check out the tutorials if you don't want to spend the money on the book.

There ya go, good luck

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:24 PM
    link   
    im sorta bringin this back out of the dead, but ive tried to have an OBE, and i have the same issues as Yarium, Ex: staying awake and nothing happening. however I have had the feelings that my stomach is open and my astral bodys stomach is exposed, and when i open my eyes and move around that feeling is gone

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:52 PM
    link   

Originally posted by TeH PwNeR
    im sorta bringin this back out of the dead, but ive tried to have an OBE, and i have the same issues as Yarium, Ex: staying awake and nothing happening. however I have had the feelings that my stomach is open and my astral bodys stomach is exposed, and when i open my eyes and move around that feeling is gone

Thanks, glad you did. I've been interested in OOBE experiences for some time, and just finished reading through all of the posts in this thread.
    I feel I've gotten pretty close a few times, but have yet to achieve it. I will keep trying, and I know that I will succeed. I usually can get to a very relaxed state, and feel almost as if I can come out of my body, but end up only 1/2 way or feeling stuck, which then in turn disrupts my concentration/relaxation and I end up giving up. I have to master my meditation enough so I can control what I want myself to achieve.

on a side note- for those who are able to successfully astral project, and have done it before, and can continue to do it, I'd like to ask:
    Can you simply go anywhere? and if so, what are some of the places you have gone to and things you have seen?
    and as far as 'going anywhere' is concerned, do you just imagine the place you want to go to and boom, you're there? or do you need to actually fly there, or walk there or?...

<< 1  2   >>

join