It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for help in an OOBE

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hello all,

This is my first post on ATS - and I have one thing that I am looking for right now. I am looking to have an Out Of Body Experience. I have heard of them, and know a few legends as to how they are initiated. I have even tried to perform them myself - but all my attempts did for me was keep me awake in bed. The closest I got was the feeling that I was standing on the precipice of a deep hole, looking to fall in, but catching myself before letting go.

Now, I know there is a current thread looking into the OOBE phenomenon (where the main poster wrote about his experience immediately after the experience), but the reason I do not post there is for two reasons. First, that is a post that has become bogged down (22 pages now), and involves more of the questioning of its true existance, rather than actually trying to do it.

I'm looking for someone who has actually had an OOBE (preferably on purpose) to help me in my endeavour. Although the idea of being "yanked" from my body by one already travelling the Immaterium is appealing to me (and would be an experience that would propel me to new ways of thinking that I can not even begin to consider), I do believe that the chances of that happening are unlikely.

In any case, thank you for any simple answers you could provide.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'll say this, start looking for Internet sites that talk about "Astral Travelling". I've ordered some books on it. You can look at Amazon for all kinds of books on the subject. On top of this, go to Barnes & Noble, & you can sit there for hours reading their books, & they don't care.

Once I get those books & start tip-toeing into it, I'll share My experiences here. ~Evil Grin~

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hi Yarium,

I have OBEs every other night and last night was no exception I must of had about 4 or 5 separate OBEs each with different results. The first few I slowly sat up and turned my head and was just able to see the top half of myself laying there but I couldn't separate at all or I'd jolt back into my body and wake up sweating. I can remember separating a few times though and wondering about my house. The first time I slowly floated across my bedroom and through my door and I was stood on my landing and could hear my mum, dad, and sister all getting up out of bed. I went into my mum and dads room and was stood there for ages trying to get there attention but couldn't. The second time I managed to go downstairs and was stood in the kitchen like stood up against the wall and my sister walked past and went to the toilet. I went back upstairs because I was starting to feel a bit too separated and panicky and layed on my bed and woke myself up. I can also remember touching my skin and face to see what it felt like and I remember it feeling like rubber like as if I had those plastic gloves on that u do the dishes with. The problem ive got at the moment is trying to experiment while out of body, usually I just float about my bedroom looking really closely at things.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I have even tried to perform them myself - but all my attempts did for me was keep me awake in bed.

When you start to fall asleep, you will know you are on the right track.

You aren't relaxing enough yet. In order to have an Out Of Body Experience, your body has to fall asleep while your mind is awake. When you lay down, try taking some deep breaths, and then slowly go through all the muscle groups of your body, relaxing each one, one at a time. Especially your face... lots of tension can build up there that you aren't aware of.

Relaxxxxxxxxx

Are you using any particular technique, or are you just laying there? Most people find it hard to just wait and try to catch that perfect moment between wakefulness and sleep if you aren't doing anything. You will either end up just laying there awake (like you), or fall asleep into a dream state when your mind starts to wander.

As for the "pulling out" thing, it is possible but quite tough. From my experience, I would say that the person basically has to be ready and almost able to AP by themselves before they get help, or it won't work anyway. If you are awake, it certainly won't work. And if you are asleep, you may be able to get helped out, but you will just fall back into unconciousness again. When people are dreaming, they wander around the astral like they are drunk. You can pull them out and yell "WAKE UP!!" right in their face, but they will just fall asleep another dozen times before you finally give up. There is a lot of mental conditioning and training you need before you can do it on a regular basis.

I just think you need a bit more practice =). Don't give up.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It is stinky ... but I am not sure why but I am almost for sure that not everyone can have OBE because of lack of wanting to maybe ... But, if you want to have an OOBE, the most helpful bit of advice for me to give you is to ... Meditate for about three days ... without sleep ... Keep meditating ... Untill you can meditate no more then sit down and relax ... and keep Meditating some more ... about the Third day you are up ... Akward things will happen to you ... It is called Sleep Deprivation ... But will seem more like a OOBE to you since you have never had one ... After you do this and your body has relaxed on you .. if you can manage to stay up for three days ...
Why three days ..??? You might ask ...

I can't really give you a specific answer .. it could possibly work in 2 days .. but for some reason .. my body almost shuts down after three days of meditating heavily ..... this also helps me to not have to as they said Earlier ... "Become Relaxed" ... Because I am already relaxed ... to the point of staying awake is hard ... Then after you do that and eventually fall asleep ...

The only true way that I could tell you will have an OOBE ... is out of Meditation and training your minds perceptions to be on point.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have come to understood that in many cases depending on how strong you are connected to your frontal lobe you can astral travel in your sleep aswell.now i dont want to talk about dreams cause that topic is very
succeptable to arguement but.the best way to start preparing your mind to be able to handle such activities as which you seek to achieve now.
in recent studies scientists monitered the brain of someone who was asked to look at a certain object when they did so a certain area of the brain showed activity.now when asked to close their eyes and think of the same object the brain showed the exact same activity.this raises the question whether or not the brain is sees with the eyes and they send the signal to the brain or does the brain send the signal to our eyes?
anyway im a little off my original train of thought.meditate...what you need to do is start using your third eye and the frontal lobe
the easiest time to practice is at night right when you go to bed i will add
more to this later.i have methods to strengthen your frontal lobe activity posted on my home site look for my blog called Sense ? it will be in the archives i think

spaces.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, last night I tried again - and once again all I did was keep myself awake for a few hours. Checking here now in the morning, I find it interesting to hear some things.

First, yes, perhaps I'm just not relaxed enough.

Second, I am interested in this sleep deprivation thing. Three days without sleep... I've done three days without eating (though that was more to calm myself after a horrible event), but never three days without sleeping. Also, when you say meditate during that time, do you mean full-blown meditation, like literally doing nothing? That's pretty crazy and intense, I must say. I'll wait for an answer on that before attempting to do so.

On a side note, last night, as I felt like I was on the precipice again, I started to feel like there were 2 meat-hooks lodged in my fore-head, almost trying to pull my skin off. I also felt like I could turn my head without turning my head, but I'll say that was more of the "diziness" feeling (like when you'r sick and you feel the room is spinning) before I chalk that up to "getting close".

Thanks a lot for all the constructive input so far.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It sounds like your almost there, I get a real heavy feeling in the front of my head and can sort of see through my eyelids in all directions. Then I concentrate as much as possible on what I can see which is usualy my bed covers and then mentally I sit up and twist my hips to the right as much as I can till I snap out my body.. if i can manage it.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I dont know if this is classified as an OOBE but i do dream of flying alongside somebody else and we make stops in different countries...then i wake up. (No, my arms arent tired)

Is this the same thing or something else?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think I've almost got it. I try to lay still and meditate almost for a few hours. I moved my hand through my body once, but that's about as far as I got. I have trouble telling when to try to actually get out of my body.

Also, does anyone know a good technique as to when I can open my eyes? I try to move sometimes or open my eyes but it only does it with the physical body

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well dgtempe, since I haven't had one yet, I cannot truely comment. However, I can only say that it's possible you have a dream-friend out there, and it's also possible that you're just actually dreaming... the boundaries between the two are tiny to say the least.

I guess I'll continue onto some other discussion about OOBEs, and how they work into my spiritual philosophies.

You may remember me speaking about the "Immaterium". This is my word for what many call the Astral Plane. The Immaterium is not just a level above our own universe, but is in fact the boundary between all universes in the Supraverse (those of you who read John Titor may recognize that word). The Immaterium is composed of energy made real - I guess is the best way to describe it. It is another state of being. It's not matter, and it's not energy, but both, and neither. There is nothing that we can describe it or liken it to, because it doesn't exist in our physical universe. It's like trying to explain the difference between a square and a cube to something that has no perception of up or down.

The wonderful thing is that you are always connected to the Immaterium. Your soul is a 4th dimensional being. You are the square, the soul is the cube. Unfortunately (or purposefully) you are anchored to your body. Your soul yearns for many things, but it is limited by your body, and by your brain, whom it has only a fleeting connection and communication to.

OOBE occurs when your connection to your soul strengthens. Since it is 4-dimensional, it can carry your consciousness 3 dimensionally across the universe, and still, in a 4-dimensional sense, on/in/around your body.

Now, this is much more to my philosophies on life, death, and the supraverse - but instead of boring you all with a full-copy, you can see it here: daviscentis.blogspot.com...

The first article on that page is what you're looking for

By the way, thanks for those who are saying I'm getting close! I will keep on trying. Is there some sort of mental excersize I should keep going while I wait so I won't become lost in my thoughts? Thank you!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i think alot of it is allowing not forcing and as far as concious thought is concerned the more we tie ourselves to our bodies with thinking the harder it is to let ourselves leave the vessel.that is why i suggested full meditation i dont know the way to totaly initiate the oobe
i do not practice oobe through such means but while im in r.e.m.
so i am of not much help here.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
Hello all,

This is my first post on ATS

Welcome Yarium, I hope you decide to stay and learn with the ATS community.

Real and objective astral projection is only possible through the awakening of consciousness. If we do not work with our consciousness then any efforts towards learning to astral travelling will be in vain. You will get out with enough practice no doubt, but you will quickly lose concentration and consciousness as fantasies take over, and the astral projection will turn into a dream.

To excercise the consciousness we must practice directed attention. We must renounce the conditioned and repetitive thought patterns which take us away from the moment, and into a mind-made future or past. When we accept this moment we begin to awaken consciosuness and dissolve the ego.

In the astral dimension we repeat the things we do in this physical dimension. If we are aware and conscious in this dimension, so too will we be in the astral. For this reason it is of upmost importance to be in a continious state of awareness so that in the astral we will have a conscious astral experience. Aditionally, if we are aware during the day, we will astral travel without any effort, as this awareness is all that is needed for a projection.

The following course goes into detail the steps needed to achieve objective astral projections, and the path to awakening consciousness:

Dream Yoga

The Introduction to Astral Projection Podcast contains basic information about astral projection, and techniques that can be used to achieve it.

The most important thing to remember is that to astral project you must allow the physical body to go to sleep, while mantaining consciousness. Any technique which allows you to do that, will work.

The first step is to relax your three brains. Relax your physical body by observing any tension and directing consciousness towards it. Relax your emotional centre by observing any emotions, and letting them go. Relax your mind by observing your thoughts. Once your motor, emotional and mental centres are relaxed you are ready to begin your technique, whatever it may be.

Good luck,
Akashic

Originally posted by 5Lostboy5
It is stinky ... but I am not sure why but I am almost for sure that not everyone can have OBE because of lack of wanting to maybe ...

Everybody is able to astral project, but not everybody wants to put the efforts towards achieving it. Anyone who is able to dream is able to consciously renounce those fantasies, and can become conscious of the astral.

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont know if this is classified as an OOBE but i do dream of flying alongside somebody else and we make stops in different countries...then i wake up. (No, my arms arent tired)

Is this the same thing or something else?

What you experienced was lucid dreaming. The difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming is the amount of subjective elements within the astral. That is to say that lucid dreaming is conscious control of a fantasy, while astral projection is conscious control of an objective experience. Unless you are without egos, if you are having an astral projection there will always be a certain amount of dream elements within it, but these will be outnumbered by objective astral matter. It is very easy for the dream elements to over power the astral experience, and when this happens the astral projection turns into a dream.

It is possible to turn a lucid dream into an objective astral projection. Simply clear your mind, and realize that the dream is not real. The dream only exists because you are identified with it. When you realize it is not real it begins to dissappear, replaced by authentic astral matter.

Originally posted by trocious1
Also, does anyone know a good technique as to when I can open my eyes? I try to move sometimes or open my eyes but it only does it with the physical body

It is always best to use your intuition to feel if you have split or not. Most of them time however, it is best to check during the vibrational stage. Simply stand up as you would in the morning, and jump with the intention of flying.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 12/12/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Nope....that is not so. You don't have to be awakened to astral project. That is just so egotistical.

Look, we can all astral project. It's not something that is reserved for a few who think they are spiritually superior to the rest of us. It's really quite an easy thing to do. I just think some people want to make it more difficult than it actually is therefore it appears more complicated. It's not and the more you believe that; the easier it will be!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

Real and objective astral projection is only possible through the awakening of consciousness. If we do not work with our consciousness then any efforts towards learning to astral travelling will be in vain. You will get out with enough practice no doubt, but you will quickly lose concentration and consciousness as fantasies take over, and the astral projection will turn into a dream.

To excercise the consciousness we must practice directed attention. We must renounce the conditioned and repetitive thought patterns which take us away from the moment, and into a mind-made future or past. When we accept this moment we begin to awaken consciosuness and dissolve the ego.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by zenlover28]

[edit on 12-12-2005 by zenlover28]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
Nope....that is not so. You don't have to be awakened to astral project. That is just so egotistical.

You are correct, as I said, anybody is able to astral project with some effort.

What I was talking about was real or objective astral projections. Meaning a projection which does not have dream elements within it. A projection in which you are not creating subjective astral matter with your thoughts.

Furthermore, to have astral projections that last for a large duration of time, the awakening of consciousness is needed. As you said, anybody can astral project, but staying aware and conscious in an astral projection for the whole night is different.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The past couple of nights ive been able to observe my body passing over the borderline of wake and sleep. Just last night I was lying in bed thinking until I was so tired my body started falling asleep on its own.

I got the same old high pitched sound in my ears like I always do when falling asleep and I felt my body immobilising and heard all the weird sounds I always do but thats as far as ive gotten so far.

Last night I was sure I had done it, I was trying to pull myself outta my body while in this borderline between wake and sleep but obviously I was past the border into sleep because I felt myself leaving my body, it was a very odd but impressive feeling, then I got up and walked around the room, I was sure I was astral travelling but I noticed everythings was dreamlike and anything but clear, I walked outta the bedroom and into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My body was translucent and I noticed my face was completely deformed, I figured that was the astral body morphing shape so I tried to turn myself into a blob but instead my face morphed into my brothers face. Pretty bizarre to say the least.

Anyway I woke up shortly after thinking I had astral travelled but then I realized it was just a dream because the house I thought I was astrally walking around was the house I grew up in, not the house im living in now.

I was pretty disappointed because thats the closest ive ever got to astral travelling. Thats the problem I find with trying to leave your body while on the borderline of wake and sleep. Alot of the time I go too far into sleep and just dream that I leave my body. I havent found too many techniques to leave the body while fully awake and the ones I have found seem way to complicated.

Honestly I couldnt begin to repay somebody who aided me by yanking me out of my body like the author of that other sticky OOBE post claims to have done.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
By the way AkashicWanderer, I see 5 words on your avatar so that would make it a pentagrammaton, not a tetragrammaton.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Akashic me dear, I have to beg to differ with you on that because I don't believe in an awakening of consciousness in the realm in which you speak of it...as far as being enlightened and such. In my experiences, it doesn't take a special type of awakening to do as you wish for as long as you want in the astral world...it simply takes an uncomplicated way of thinking. But, hey that's just my experience. I find that the more complicated I make it, the harder it is.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yarium I can type out the techniques from the book "Journeys out of the Body" if you want. It only goes into detail about the bordline sleep technique, I havent been able to pull it off myself yet though.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yeah, that'd be awesome Fishbrain (where on earth did you get an idea for that screen-name anyways?
). It sounds like it at least worked to get you passed that borderline, and then at the VERY LEAST into lucid dreaming - which is an experience I have had, one that I wish to have more often, and one which I wish to explore the possibilities of.

Thanks again!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join