It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Israel Prepares Troops for Attack on Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Israel is preparing its forces to attack nuclear facilities in Iran around the march time-frame, according to military sources. They have chosen march because that is when Mohamed El-Baradei's next report on Iran is due.

www.timesonline.co.uk
ISRAEL’S armed forces have been ordered by Ariel Sharon, the prime minister, to be ready by the end of March for possible strikes on secret uranium enrichment sites in Iran, military sources have revealed.

The order came after Israeli intelligence warned the government that Iran was operating enrichment facilities, believed to be small and concealed in civilian locations

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This bodes very badly for stability in the middle east. Should such an attack occur, it would endanger US forces, which will be stuck in the middle. No matter how good the Israeli special forces are, there is just no way they can exercise an attack of this magnitude on facilities spread over many different areas without causing a major international conflict. This is no Osirak.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Whoa!

This could set the table for that which we all fear...

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I predict 2006 will be a quite interesting year...

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So is Iran just going to sit there and get attacked? Or is it going to bite back?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
THere is no way, the moment a single Israelian even attempts to put a hostile foot in Iran they would send Nukes to Israel. But personally I think that these are just all show, I doubt anything will actually happen. The whole thing is Political anyways.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
IMO this is just saber rattling. Israel isn't going to attack until the US can provide support and currently wer'e busy.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Most likely nothing more than contigency plans in preparation for a possible worse case scenario upon receiving the the upcoming report.

Not that this revelation is a good thing, for either side, as it tends to heighten the state of awareness, anxiety and/or confusion for both beforehand.

Not sure just how this will pan out ... but it sure doesn't lend to a positive end.

Just my $.02

Peace2All

[edit on 12/11/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

THere is no way, the moment a single Israelian even attempts to put a hostile foot in Iran they would send Nukes to Israel.

And what do you think Israels response would be? What do you think Americas response wopuld be to a nuke attack on Isreal? I seriously doubt Iran would send a nuke, even if they had them which I believe is not a done deal. They know they would be a glowing crater minutes later.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This has been said for years about Israel making an attack, i remember reading on ATSNN months ago that Bush warned Israel not to attack Iran.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
yes, but this is the first time that, to my knowledge, israel has actaully put their forces on alert in preparation for an attack.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

ISRAEL’S armed forces have been ordered by Ariel Sharon, the prime minister, to be ready by the end of March ...

March?

Interesting timing...

Petrodollar Warfare: Dollars, Euros and the Upcoming Iranian Oil Bourse

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
What?

No, if Israel had put forces on alert, there would have been a raise of the alert level (at least to special forces) and several standby-calls, which is NOT.

And that should happen in March 2006?

That would coincide with our general elections in Israel.
They are set to take place on March 28, 2006.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

That would coincide with our general elections in Israel.
They are set to take place on March 28, 2006.

That's perfect. They can hide the preparations among the buildup of security for the elections and in the meantime there is no sitting knesset, correct?

Does Sharon have a free hand to order something like this up until the election?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Interesting time frame if this is indeed saber rattling with some flesh on the bones of it. Deserts and winter just impede any military operation, so early spring is about right.

In February the Iran Oil Transactions are to be switched from the $ to a Euro based trade... The USA isnt happy about this, in addition what hurts the USA economically certainly hurts Israel too. It will also probably be about the time that the under Supply (due to reserves available) against demand of Oil will start making itself more apparent.

The recent Messianical ravings by Irans new president. The biggest political turmoil in Israeli politics for a generation that is still unfolding in front of our eyes.

The IEAE statement days ago about the enrichment programme.

Its all leading to some type of conflict, be it small or large, on these issues.

To be honest there is more evidence and cause for some type of action than was the case for Iraq, if diplomacy dosnt work.

Im not soo sure about this being such a unlikely possibility. Infact unless the Ayatolah reigns him in I think its more likely than unlikely.

Realistically unless President Bush, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, Who all openly admit believeing in the end times in their respective religeon and beliefs, who all think they are talking to (their) God or an important part of his return.

Which they all seem to believe is about now, that Realistically taking his into account unless they all fall from power before next year... well then were certainly on a road to a very dark, dangerous and scary place indeed.

In addition one of them is an ex alcoholic who had a very very unsucessfull career before politics. One of them used to be a executioner in a prison who also set up and ran/masteminded many terrorist/military actions abroad who thinks israel should be moved to Austria. Well the other one is the architect but also a common soldier thug, of the invasion of lebbanon and was involved personally in a massacre of up to 3000 unarmed civilians women and children in refugee camps!!!

Nuff said?

related ATSNN:

MischeviouslyWishingForRevolution

Regards

Elf

Edit Gools fantastic link thanks just saw your post/Edit also related ATSNN link.

Related ATSNN thread

[edit on 11-12-2005 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
THere is no way, the moment a single Israelian even attempts to put a hostile foot in Iran they would send Nukes to Israel.

Wait thats kind of hard for a country that is only working on a peaceful Nuclear program to do is it not?

Unless your suggesting Iran has already broken the NPT and developed nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I doubt Israel would attack Iran without US support. Due to the current US troop deployments in Iraq, it seems probable Iran would be likely to retaliate against US troops in Iraq.

The US doesn't seem to be preparing for this. The Bush administration hasn't really stepped up the rhetoric against Iran. They would also likely get the US media to step up propoganda against Iran, before launching any invasion. While some of this has been done, I don't think it has been done as much as it would be if an invasion would be planned.

Furthermore, it wouldn't make sense to draw down troop strength in Iraq, if an invasion were planned. Although, it is possible that the troop draw down comments are merely rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
1. Unless Iran either has a large quantity of ballistic missiles with nuclear warheads, has the ability to penetrate Israeli airdefenses with a nuclear bomb, or has sufficientily engineered nukes to be launched on cruise missiles which have a flatter trajectory, or has identified targets not equipped with theater missile defenses, it is unlikely that Iran can mount a large enough nuclear strike on Israel to "win".
Nobody even wants to get hit with one nuke obviously, but there is a certain amount of security in the fact that enough of Israel's strategic forces would survive to rain hell on Iran and anyone else who wanted to get in on the fight.

2. The report cited nothing but background sources in the military and intelligence communities, which makes the information questionable. The only attributed quotes were from heads of state, and they clearly were statements intended for foreign consumption- just a war of words. My guess is that Israel is trying to brow-beat the UN into inspections and/or sanctions.

There's still time left before March- I say wait and see. If Israeli agents start getting caught in Iran, or if there are attacks on the Israeli forces most likely to be used against Iran, or if the US makes a significant change to its force levels in the gulf, then I'll be nervous.

Last thing- can anybody actually confirm the existence of the Israeli intelligence operations in Northern Iraq? There'd certainly have been a story about that, and probably some backlash from the Iraqi people in the area, if that story had been broken previously.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Last thing- can anybody actually confirm the existence of the Israeli intelligence operations in Northern Iraq?

Nope.

But I can confirm Israeli companies are building in Kurdistan a new military and civilian airport.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Open Secrets

When “sources” inside any military organization “leak” information to the press, it's because they want the press to publicize it. That is almost certainly the case here, as it usually is.

In other words, this information is for public consumption.

Nations that advertise their war plans in the papers tend to lose wars. Israel does not tend to lose wars.

If I can conclude anything from stories like this one -- which is dubious -- it's that Israel is not going to wait three more months to attack.

Unless it wishes to fail, of course.

“Saber-rattling” isn't just a bluff tactic. Sabers also rattle when drawn.

My sense of this: It's later than we think.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Mischeief Elf,you are hitting the nail when you talk about the iranian oil money changeover,this has always been the vital deadline for the neocons/israel admin,and we will buy their fake story to secure the ill gotten OIL once again.
How apathetic we all are,protests are becoming illegal world wide,id cards are coming,soon we will be totally under the thumb.

Damn the war machine.We are a better creation than this,our species can do so much better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join