It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian naval exercises in the Persian gulf (video)

page: 1

join
share:
Sep

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
www.irna.ir...

The First Phase of `Those in Love with Velayat' Joint military maneuver started on Friday morning in waters of Oman Sea with the announcement of the maneuver's secret password in this phase, "O Seyed ul-Shohada!" The order for beginning the war massive games was issued by Emir Rear Admiral Sajjad Kouchaki and the commander of Karbala
headquarters, following which various units of the Islamic Republic Army, Islamic Republic Guard Corps (IRGC), Islamic Republic Police Force (IRPF) and Basij (mobilization) voluntary forces started a phase of the most massive war games of the country's entire armed forces.

According to the Propagation Headquarters of the Joint Maneuver, the combatants taking part in the war game following hearing the secret password from the commander of the Karbala Operation Headquarters, left their stations toward the vast operation ground of the war games.

The spokesman for the maneuver told IRNA, "The maneuver plans have been devised by the commanders in a way to provide sufficient technical and military information for participant units that come from beyond the war game's regions to put on display their capabilities for fighting real wars, resorting to strategies of non-classical combats."
Admiral Sayyari emphasized, "The strategic war game, closest possible version of a military maneuver to a real war, extends from the strategic Hormoz Strait to Guatr Port of Chabahar that is the south-most border point of the country in the north of the Indian Ocean at a 33 nautical mile area."
He added, "Powerful locally manufactured submarines would launch their depth against surface and in-depth operations in deep parts of Oman Sea and the Indian Ocean."
The spokesman for `Those in Love with Velayat' maneuver reiterated helicopters equipped with sonar devices (capable of detecting passage of submarines) play an important role in detecting and destroying the enemy's submarines."
He added, "Hovercrafts, small navy ships capable of launching missile attacks, tactical ship breaker warships, frogmen, commandoes, and musketeers from both the navy and the IRGC will then take position in the maneuver zone and begin their mission in the massive war game." Admiral Sayyari said, "In this maneuver the Islamic Republic Army's Air Force, too, would support all participating units, taking advantage of reconnaissance planes, its sea patrol planes and its bomber jets."

www.iribnews.ir...

You can see a few tomcats with 4 Phoenix missiles. There are also F-4Es, Le Combatant ships, C-130s, B-212s and F-5s. These are all from another forum so if there are experts available on ATS please confirm this, thanks. Too bad NR isnt here to go into the details

[edit on 9-12-2005 by Sep]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This will not only be the weapones the Irani will have, no no no.
It's accourding that more than 500 hundred thousend Iranis in america. Do not think that they will not blow them self, yes they will.

If there will be a war against USA.

The first bullet that will kill a irani will make the gouverment send all the nuces 2 Israel.
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
could someone please translate the above post into english for me please?

As for the first post - if they are conducting an exercise then IMO its a readiness test , and we`ll see the army running exercises as well soon.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
As for the first post - if they are conducting an exercise then IMO its a readiness test , and we`ll see the army running exercises as well soon.

could be since thats how the Iraq invasion started with britain and the US having training in Quwait

in reply to first post
nice topic

just shows unlike Iraq Iran have some thing to retaliate with

and to the person that cant write
please rewrite in ENGLISH not gibberish

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

just shows unlike Iraq Iran have some thing to retaliate with

I know right, I mean Iraq in 91 really did not have anything to retaliate with, no wonder they lost.

Sep

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
second day:

www.iribnews.ir...

Sep

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I know right, I mean Iraq in 91 really did not have anything to retaliate with, no wonder they lost.

A few hundred of Iraqi planes were sent to Iran, Iraq didn’t have a navy (just a few patrol boats), Iraq had no friends in the region(Iran has Hezbollah, the elected Iraqi government, Syria, quite a few militias in Iraq etc...), Iraq didn’t have any influence in the region, Iraq's economy was broke and Iraq’s greatest missiles were the Scuds, while the Iranian missiles are far superior.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Sep]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
second day:

www.iribnews.ir...

nice

as said they do have alot of hardware

so whats their navy size?
and what ships do they have

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reckon
This will not only be the weapones the Irani will have, no no no.
It's accourding that more than 500 hundred thousend Iranis in america. Do not think that they will not blow them self, yes they will.

If there will be a war against USA.

The first bullet that will kill a irani will make the gouverment send all the nuces 2 Israel.
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmm

The vast majority of them love America, and left Iran after the mullahs took over.

Iran probably won't have nukes for 2 more years. Israel has them already, has hundreds of them. And they can reach Iran.

Sep

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The third day of the exercises:

www.iribnews.ir...

Sep

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
last days of the exercises:

www.iribnews.ir...

www.iribnews.ir...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I heard that the USN sank roughly half of Iran's navy in a day. Back during the Iran-Iraq war.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
your not serious about all this military hardware..are you???

Especially these aircraft???

You need to think before you post with this stuff.
Does it occur to you that Iranian command and control infrastructure is already known to us as is how commands are sent out to the various branchs of the Iranian military.

Militarys are not just about how much hardware or software one has...not rifles and guns...or even submarines and ships. It is about how all of this works together as a whole. Right down to the last button and shoelace.

This stuff you post may impress alot of Iranians but it doesnt impress knowlegable Americans. Notice I said knowlegable Americans...this is very different from the average American raised in front of a television set.

I am going to let the muslims on this post know something about Americans. Dont ever anger them..keep Americans dumb and ignorant behind thier television sets trusting our politicians and you will easily be able to take us..down. Just dont get us angry. Keep us stupid. You will do well then. If you get us angry ..you will have a tiger by the tail and you cant let go. Keep us dumb and stupid...Just like our politicians do. Peace be with you!!

Orangetom

Sep

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
your not serious about all this military hardware..are you???

I didn’t serve in any army if that’s what you are asking. I am simply posting what I picked up from listening to a wide range of views.

Especially these aircraft???

My father and my grandfather served in the ground forces, my father in the Iranian special forces (Takavar). So my knowledge of the air force is not on the same level as my rather limited knowledge of the ground forces.

You need to think before you post with this stuff.

I posted some facts. Iran has a better navy than Iraq ever did (feel free to contradict). Iran has great influence in Iraq since the majority party, the UIA, has very close ties to Iran (one of the major parties founded by Iran and others closely linked). Iraq had started two wars before 1991. The Middle East can be divided into two sectors, pro and anti American. With the war with Iran Saddam alienated himself from the anti-American crowd (Syria, Libya, Iran). Once he attacked Kuwait he also alienated the pro-American countries (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar). So he really did have any friends. Again if you disagree please post which part you disagree with and the reasons for it. After the war, Iraq's economy was broke. These are all the points I made during the thread. If you disagree with any of them, please inform me of which ones you disagree with.

Does it occur to you that Iranian command and control infrastructure is already known to us as is how commands are sent out to the various branchs of the Iranian military.

I am not a part of the US command so I cannot confirm what you are stating here. I am not aware of the ways different ways the command is sent out. I do not know the functions of Qods forces for example. I do not know how Iran communicates with its allies in the Middle East. If you do, then you probably should keep it secret and not reveal it in open threads.

Militarys are not just about how much hardware or software one has...not rifles and guns...or even submarines and ships. It is about how all of this works together as a whole. Right down to the last button and shoelace.

I agree that the military is not JUST about the hardware and the software at the command of a General but also how he uses it. This concept changes in different forms of war but that is perhaps for the experts to discuss rather than someone with limited knowledge like me.

This stuff you post may impress alot of Iranians but it doesnt impress knowlegable Americans.

Are you implying that all Iranians and ignorant population of the US are alike? I find that rather racist of you. Also how do you know that this impresses the common Iranian? Have you met one and have you inquired them of what they think of the war games posted?

Notice I said knowlegable Americans...this is very different from the average American raised in front of a television set.

I did notice that, but thank you for pointing it out again.

I am going to let the muslims on this post know something about Americans. Dont ever anger them..keep Americans dumb and ignorant behind thier television sets trusting our politicians and you will easily be able to take us..down. Just dont get us angry. Keep us stupid. You will do well then. If you get us angry ..you will have a tiger by the tail and you cant let go. Keep us dumb and stupid...Just like our politicians do. Peace be with you!!

Orangetom

With your permission I am not going to comment on this point because I don’t see much relevance with the Iranian military exercises in the Persian Gulf.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply.

No problem with your first point about not serving with the army. I did serve with the US Army in a National Guard capacity. I also served with the US Air Force as did my father before me.
I have no doubt the Iranian Navy is better equipped and better led than the Iraqi navy. That is not my issue here or disagreement. The state or condition of the Iranian military is known by countries intrested in this type of informations.
I can however confirm that the knowlege of how someones command structure works is of major intrest to nations seeking these informations..just as much as what types of equipment they have. Any nation would be very foolish not to know this information. This knowlege was obviously applied against the Iraqis...twice.
I went to school with some Iranians ..before the fall of the Shah Reza Pallavi. I did not find them to be ignorant but I did find many of them to be emotional and easily misled by the vices offered here in this nation. Particularly women. But then this is true of many Navys and Armys through out this world. Sorry if you thought it was a racist statement ..it was about ignorance..American ignorance too as we are brought up alot in front of television sets to be overly emotional.

These maneuvers are not impressive to me. They happen somewhere in the world constantly. The most telling thing to people in this information buisness is how the command structure works for a given disposition or dispersal of ones forces. How effeciently or ineffeciently it works.

My last statement ..Americans are a pretty dumb and overly emotional people when aroused. Too much television conditioning. This was directed to the second poster as I recall on this thread.and those thinking like this individual.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

Sep

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for your reply. I do not argue with military men, because I know that you knowledge in this field is far better than mine. So again thank you for sharing your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Iran has successfully tested surface-to-sea missiles with a range of 110 kilometers (68 miles), state television reported Monday.

The testing of the Silkworm missiles was the most important project of Monday's military maneuvers in southern Iran, the television said.

It said the Silkworms have a speed of 290 kilometers (180 miles) per second and a range of 110 kilometers (68 miles). They can detect targets from a distance of 15 kilometers (9 miles) and have the capacity to destroy a warship.

The report did not say whether the missiles could carry nuclear warheads.

Iran's armed forces began their biggest military maneuvers Friday in national waters in the Sea of Oman and Indian Ocean, close to Pakistan. The drills involved submarines, warships, missiles, jet fighters and gunships.

On Sunday, Iran commissioned its second domestically-built submarine, a vessel that can fire missiles and torpedoes simultaneously, the AP reports.

newsfromrussia.com...

I wonder if they could make any damage to American destroyers, subs, ets.
If so, they better hurry production. The first one became operational, late 03, I think. and this one has just entered service. well, 2 years is a long time for production of a single mini-submarine.

RESPECT

[edit on 20-12-2005 by proprog]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
you posted:

"I wonder if they could make any damage to American destroyers, subs, ets.
If so, they better hurry production. The first one became operational, late 03, I think. and this one has just entered service. well, 2 years is a long time for production of a single mini-submarine.
"

Two years is not a long time in building a submarine...especially a domestically built version. I know this because I am in shipbuilding..particularly submarines.

It is not just in the construction phase that it takes alot of time. It is also in the ability to acquire the raw materials and if necessary fabricate them domestically into the finished product..electrical, mechanical etc. Submarine tolerances and requirements are much higher than for surface ships hence the more attention to detail in design and construction..and hence more time needed to manufacture. This also requires people with different thinking and undestanding of the forces at work in the whole operation. You dont just pluck anyone off the street to do this and when you have them and let them go ..it is difficult to replace many of these skills. Hence the long contstruction times.
Remember also the state of the Iranian economy...Is this their first time builiding a domstic version of a submarine...I would say if successful they are doing fine. They will learn from this where changes in newer designs or upcoming boats need to be made. All shipbuilding..just like automobiles etc. etc. is a long learning process. If you are going to stay in that buisness the learning never ends.

Oh ..and yes we here in the Americas are very intrested in the status of thier shipyards where these boats are built...you can bank on it..it is not taken for granted.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

join