It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were given the chance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
With the recent post about the Serpo project, if you were given the chance to go to another planet for 9 years to study. Would you go?

Also If you did go, and was given the chance to talk to an alien race. What do you feel would be the most important questions to ask them?

First of all after thinking about it for awhile No I don’t think that I would make the trip. My reasons have to do with family and fear.

If I could however ask just one question.
I would ask them if they have, or know of any race that has influenced religion on our planet.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

With the recent post about the Serpo project, if you were given the chance to go to another planet for 9 years to study. Would you go?

I would most definitely go, see ya in nine land lubbers. COme on how can you not go. I'd drop everything and split at the drop of a hat.

The only way I would not go is for one or all of the following reasons:

1) They have a book in the galley called "How to serve Man"

2) Mandatory probing, gonna passadena on that one.

3) The only thing to eat on the trip is tacos. Don't get me wrong, I love tacos, but I've got a feeling that after the first twenty thousand light years or so, I'd be sick of them.

4) I have to share a room with Tom Cruise.

Also If you did go, and was given the chance to talk to an alien race. What do you feel would be the most important questions to ask them?

If it's a long flight I'd probably ask for a magazine and directions to the bathroom. After that I'd certainly be more interested in learning about their planet race and culture as opposed to learning how they've effected hours. I'd get to it eventually, but hey I've got nine years, don't rush me...though I haven't read this serpo post thing yet and shall do it right now.

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Imagine yourself in that situation. You have all the 'secret' knowledge that's been hidden from man for so long. You look down on planet earth as if to say 'They're eternally walking in ignorance, searching for an answer noone wants to give'. My first priority would be to get some actual proof, or do whatever it takes, so that you could trigger world disclosure.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I would probably go but it depends on which planet.. I'll have to know something about it and if I still get access to malls/online shopping so I could have all the clothes I want and still have an internet to contact Earth or whomever.

Yuriko

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Given the chance I would go. Just being a curious person I would like to know how another planetary civilization would live. Think of it as a very exotic working vacation???
What would I ask them if I could only ask them one question. Why did you contact us?

Second question would be If I'm going, where's the bathroom and how does it work?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I don't see how it would be possible to trust any ETs that have been watching this planet secretively for an untold amount of years. Their intentions will always be suspect to me no matter what they claim.

So I will say no at the moment. Sure I'd like to meet an ET and converse with it, but at a safe distance and not confined to anything they may bring with them or be put into any form of transport. The issue of trust is too big for me to just casually toss my judgement aside over what an ET might claim to me.

[edit on 9-12-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Nah, what if they didn't know what champagne & chocolates were? I just couldn't live for 5 minutes without knowing these things are close by..................let alone nine years!!

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I would go if it would promise answers. Like if I got the answer to the whole "what is the purpose of aliens" thing than I would go. I

would HAVE to go with people I knew though. I would defintely not go alone. Now way. I might have to have women on the ship that carries you otherwise it would be no sex for 9 years. Wow. Nine years AND the trip coming back. Man if I went alone I would expect eternal cash when i got back. Like have a really powerful stance in govt and have an endless flow of cash. Otherwise its not worth it. I would also demand that the public gets to know whatever I learn. Cause I wouldn't want the public to "lern 2 reed" sort of speak. (disinformation I mean. lol if you get it)

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I agree with spiderj, in as much as I would go so long as they didn't have the book 'To Serve Man'. We are talking nine earth human years right? I mean I can't imagine dog years, can you? The question I would ask...What took you so long?

top topics

join