It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran only months away from a bomb

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
[I trust those POS's as far as I can throw them, but at least their not threatening to "wipe Isreal off the map"

Max

The Iranian president is about as much a figurehead as is the queen of england and has about as much power. The Iranian president is the only one who called for that (more than likely in an outburst im SURE he regrets) and the REAL power of the Iranian Government denounced him for it..I mean, given that logic, I guess Venezuela should have waged war on the US because Pat Robertson called for his assasination?? From what I can tell, Pat Robertson has about the same ability to instantiate WAR as does the Iranian President

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Pakistan, on the other hand, has a weak central government with a precarious hold on power, riddled with Sunni Al Quaeda sympathizers (Pakistan's ISI was the driving force behind the Taliban you know), and they already have the bomb. So where are the calls for a "preemptive" strike on Pakistan?

I doubt that, The Paki's need their bombs ready because the Indians want to wipe them off the map and are only held back by the US once they sell that stuff to the terrorists we would not extend any support to them and then the indians would bomb the crap out of them. They need their nukes to maintain a kind of stalemate with the indians and to keep the US in favour.
The ISI's attempts with nukes have failed with the AQ khan getting caught also the CIA is on to them now and the US constantly pressures on proper checks. Plus they suffered a serious quake and some nuclear installations are said to be damaged by that. Also the good pakistani general is in our pocket, he doesnt dare make a move without US approval.
The Iranians on the other hand are much more tendentious, always want to play hero and thats what so dangerous with them. A society built on hatred against the West, without which their country would fall apart.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
From what I can tell, Pat Robertson has about the same ability to instantiate WAR as does the Iranian President

Your not wrong very often, but you are here. A sitting President certainly holds more power than a man like Pat Robertson. He is an "elected" official and Pat Robertson is not.

Sure the Iranian presidents powers are limited, but Pat Robertson really has none, except Millions of Christians that follow him.

Max

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101. A society built on hatred against the West, without which their country would fall apart.

Thats scary.....a society built on hatred. I wouldn't expect the good Persians to follow their Mullahs over the edge of the cliff into the abyss.

My secretary (Zeeba) is Persian and she talks to her family by the internet everyday. She says most of the young persians in Iran just want to live in Peace and have some fun...(like any other young people).

They don't want a big showdown with Isreal or America and their PO'd that their president is pushing their country into a conflict with the West.

Hell, most of the young Iranians LOVE western culture....they LOVE American movies, European clothes and cool looking cars. Zeeba told me that they blame the governent for the poverty that plagues a country that should be the "Jewel of the Middle East".

ok, ok lunch is over...back to work.

Max

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am sure that JERUSALEM POST, has some SPECIAL Information, that no other Media News Have...

Just a Thought.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

They don't want a big showdown with Isreal or America and their PO'd that their president is pushing their country into a conflict with the West.

Everynation in the world wants peace, some more than others. But the point is though the Iranians newer generation is more liberal the real power is with the older generation that believes in all that Ayotollah nonsense. They are the majority and in a country run by religious mobs, they carry weight. The politicians appeal to the lower sections of the people rather than the more educated and liberal Iranians. It is sad but their fate depends on some fundamentalist nuts .

[edit on 5-12-2005 by IAF101]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Perhaps it's time to use the Aurora, or whatever secret (alien?) technology the U.S. has been hiding to take care of this threat. Come to think of it, maybe that IS why the U.S. has been hiding all the latest planes, etc.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Perhaps it's time to use the Aurora, or whatever secret (alien?) technology the U.S. has been hiding to take care of this threat. Come to think of it, maybe that IS why the U.S. has been hiding all the latest planes, etc.

You might find this thread by Souljah interesting.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Lets face it Isreal cannot attack Iran on its own.

Their F-15's and F-16's just don't have the range to carry that kinda payload and make it back to the homeland. Israel is a little less than 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles) from Bushehr.

Its not impossible, but it looks like its one of these choices:

1) Isreal attacks Iranian nuclear facilities on its own.....and tries to use a "buddy system" in which some of its fighters carry extra fuel for inflight refueling.

2) Isreal attacks Iran useing American support for inflight refueling.

3) Isreal and America attack together.

4) America stands alone and fight Iran alone......while the Europeans stand on the sidelines jeering.

Maximu§

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Also can the Israelis attack all the sites in coordinated timing that would not lose the surprise since it needs to be perfect timing or otherwise other facilities would increase security. And we dont know all the sites and the Israelis may missed some.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

You might find this thread by Souljah interesting.

Sorry, AMM can't see it. I got so sick and tired of Souljah's rantings that I put him on ignore.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Why should we care about Isreal?

Ill tell y'all why....Isreal is the Canary for the Western nations. The perpetual Canary in the coal mine.....what happens to them is what Islam has in store for us all in the future.

wipe us off the face of the earth....

Maximu§

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think there is one important factor missing here.That is the identity of who is backing Iran's nuclear program.That would be Russia.If Iran gets a nuclear arsenal ready to go-and it eventually will,It won't be the mullahs telling them to attack.It will be the Soviets.This will be an excuse to pick a nuclear fight with the US,and I think Washington knows it.Why else hasn't the Isralies taken out their nuke facilities???Just something to think about.............

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Knowing that Islamic countries teaches there people that all muslims are brothers and sisters. u dont think killing thousands of innocent civilians in iraq is provoking. And no im not talking about the insurgents.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

With what, chanting crowds?
Videotaped threats?
Overabundant facial hair?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

With what, chanting crowds?
Videotaped threats?
Overabundant facial hair?

Look around......these are some dangerous times we're in. Iran is on the eve of having Nuclear weapons and Russian and China are backing them up.

It does'nt get much worse than that! The #1 Islamic terror sponser in the world will soon be able to hand out Nuclear technology and weapons like candy...and they also have (2) very powerful friends. Radical Islam, the religion that Iran represents happens to be the same one that plots to kill millions of westerners right this minute as we argue semantics.

Go ahead and put the peices together....look at radical Islams track record and tell me Im wrong.

Max

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

The Iran hysteria is pure BS, as phony as the alleged "threat" from Saddam.

[edit on 12/5/05 by xmotex]

I agree with that completely

I think some threats are manufactured to satisfy a particular point of view

[edit on 5-12-2005 by alphabetaone]

[Mod Edit - Welcome to ATS kojac, but please do not just quote other posts without adding any content of your own. Please check your U2U's. Thank you, Jak]

[edit on 7/12/05 by JAK]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Russia and China are only going to back Iran so far, especially if they insist on supporting Isamic radicalism outside their borders. Remember Russia and China also have their own internal battles with Islamist groups. As far as handing out nukes, they know damn well that if Iranian nukes go off in US cities, via a third party or not, they will be getting some nukes in return.

The Mullah's days in power are numbered. As you yourself pointed out before, the vast majority of their population is tired of their leadership. Of course there is one thing that can get the population behind them - an attack by outsiders. It has occured to me more than once that the Iranian leadership may be intentionally tryng to provoke an attack by the US or Israel, in order to exploit the "rally round the flag" effect and quell political unrest at home.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Why should we care about Isreal?

Ill tell y'all why....Isreal is the Canary for the Western nations. The perpetual Canary in the coal mine.....what happens to them is what Islam has in store for us all in the future.

Maximu§

This quote in my humble opinion hits the nail exactly on the head.

Islamofascists hate Israel more than anything and mission one is to destroy her.
After Israel the rest of the west are like lambs waiting for slaughter, one by one, we must all band together and destroy the rise of Islamofascism before it becomes to late.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
"Military Plane Carrying 94 Crashes in Iran

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- An Iranian military transport plane with 94 people on board crashed into a 10-story building in the capital Tuesday, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported."

hosted.ap.org...

Who was on board this plane? Has the mosad taken action. Be interesting to see is some nuclear scientist were on board.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join