It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran only months away from a bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
"IAEA chairman Muhammad ElBaradei on Monday confirmed Israel's assessment that Iran is only a few months away from creating an atomic bomb.

If Teheran indeed resumed its uranium enrichment in other plants, as threatened, it will take it only "a few months" to produce a nuclear bomb, El-Baradei told The Independent. "

www.jpost.com...

Amazing isn't it. The most horrific possible outcome to a terrorist state. Iran with active nukes and a delivery system.

Perhaps all this Iraqi upgrading of their military (90 divisions) is really about Iraqi army support for the attack of Iran.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
So i guess that also means that if WW3 isnt already underway it will be before to long )>:

anyone have a planet forsale?

Sep

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I guess it would be right to post the man's entire quote not just a little part as is done by the JPost,

ElBaradei
I know they [the Iranians] are trying to acquire the full [nuclear] fuel cycle. I know that acquiring the full fuel cycle means that a country is months away from nuclear weapons, and that applies to Iran and everybody else.

www.adnki.com...
news.independent.co.uk...
www.ariga.com...
www.judeoscope.ca...

So he doesn't say Iran is months away from building a bomb or that Iran is trying to build a bomb. He is just mentioning the simple scientific fact that if a country, any country has acquired the full nuclear fuel cycle then they are only months away from making a bomb. For example Japan can make a nuclear bomb in a couple of months if they wanted to.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by Sep]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That's just great...

I thought they were saying we had a couple of years, now only months?

Let the bombing begin I guess...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
So he doesn't say Iran is months away from building a bomb or that Iran is trying to build a bomb. He is just mentioning the simple scientific fact that if a country, any country has acquired the full nuclear fuel cycle then they are only months away from making a bomb. For example Japan can make a nuclear bomb in a couple of months if they wanted to.

So just how does the fact hat they are a few months away from a bomb change with the addition of the words you put up? Japan isn't currently calling for the extermination of the US or Israel. Just last week there was a post about Iran calling for such.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by thermopolis]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well then, it looks like everyones screwed then. If the US tries anything, they'll drop it, if anyone tries anything, they'l more than likely drop it.

Such a happy year.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The IDF is probably finalizing their strike plans with the US Airforce...it will happen within 45 days.

When it does, Im sure even the most rabid America-Haters in ATS will agree that Isreal and America truely gave peace a chance. We gave the Europeans alot of time to try and bring Iran into the fold, but the Iranian Mullahs want nuclear weapons so they can dominate the Middle_East.

The Iranian government wants war with America and Isreal and war is whats their going to get.

Maximu§

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance but isn't this a pretty dramatic switch in the IAEA stance on Iran and their program?

I would think the main stream media would be all over this. Especially Fox, I am sure they already have a special splash screen "Nuke Crisis Iran" with the old Scott Peterson music just waiting to roll out.

I read the article on Drudge and got a really bad feeling from it. I do believe Iran is willing to use a weapon if they feel threatened. I also feel they will see our presence in Iraq as a sufficient threat.

Considering the ties between Iran and some of the Iraqi insurgency are they willing to use it against a city in Iraq? Would we retaliate with weapons of our own (tactical) if that happened?

I also fear this is all Israel will need to launch strikes themselves. While I personally often have issues with Israel and their treatment of the Palestinians I do believe they have a right to protect themselves, as do all sovereign nations. This sadly could turn bad quickly.

I am just surprised at the lack of media coverage of this change.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
When it does, Im sure even the most rabid America-Haters in ATS will agree that Isreal and America truely gave peace a chance. We gave the Europeans alot of time to try and bring Iran into the fold, but the Iranian Mullahs want nuclear weapons so they can dominate the Middle_East.

I wish this was true, but unfortunatly hate and bias will prevail over reason, reality, and logic.

Iran will be taken care of soon enough, and American haters will be dragged along - kicking and screaming as usual - for their own good,

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

When it does, Im sure even the most rabid America-Haters in ATS will agree that Isreal and America truely gave peace a chance.

Max,

They will NEVER say that. Why should their hypocrisy end now? They will blame us even more for provoking them.

I guess the clock just went to 11:59:59.

Time to buy potassium iodide for our families.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

When it does, Im sure even the most rabid America-Haters in ATS will agree that Isreal and America truely gave peace a chance.

Yeah right!

Please tell me another one Maximus, that had me laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair.

All these rabid people wouldn't care if Iran nuked us, they'd say it was their right. :shk:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Iran is about as likely to attack the US directly as a squirrel is to attack a cougar.

Bomb or no, Iran simply doesn't have anything close to the kind of forces that would be required to make such an attack anything more than a bad joke.

Iran is in no position to attack even tiny Israel, let alone the United States.

The scaremongering over Iran in this forum is reaching a fever pitch of absurdity. Next we'll be obsessing over the coming ferocious attack on the US by Lichtenstein. "WE MUST DESTROY LICHTENSTEIN BEFORE THEY DESTROY US UTTERLY!!! IT'S A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH."

[edit on 12/5/05 by xmotex]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
All these rabid people wouldn't care if Iran nuked us, they'd say it was their right. :shk:

Exactly.

They would say we provoked them, or we got what we deserved.

People like our favorite American detractor Souljah will never admit anything of the sort.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Iran is about as likely to attack the US directly as a squirrel is to attack a cougar.

I don't think Iran would be insane enought to attack America or Isreal directly with a long range missile, but it would be all-too-easy for the Iranian government to give that weapon to a Islamic terror group they support and let them do the dirty work......and than they can deny all involvment afterwords.

Its would almost impossible to trace it back to them and they can claim America is just looking for an excuse to attack Iran.

No way, America and Isreal are not gonna take that chance....Iran will never have nuclear weapons.

You can take that to the bank.

Maximu§

[edit on 023131p://111 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The boogy man again...Its a story front and center on the Drudge Report.

Oh woe is me, woe is us...

Will we see another Christmas?

If the Avian flu doesnt get us, the bomb will. What a life, riddled with panic and saturized with fear.

I hope its over soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis

Originally posted by Sep

So just how does the fact hat they are a few months away from a bomb change with the addition of the words you put up? Japan isn't currently calling for the extermination of the US or Israel. Just last week there was a post about Iran calling for such.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by thermopolis]

Sometimes i'm not certain if people miss entire context of phrases intentiionally? Or just simply dont pay attention, however, words AS THEYRE QUOTED EXACTLY change a lot of meaning.
READ what he typed and quoted...

"He is just mentioning the simple scientific fact that if a country, any country HAS acquired the FULL NUCLEAR FUEL CYCLE ***THEN**** they are only months away from making a bomb.

Meaning that ONLY WHEN THEY ARE AT THE POINT OF FULL NUCLEAR FUEL CYCLE not before, and they are NOT at that point now....forgive the emphasis, but im thinking that in this case it was needed.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

No way, America and Isreal are not gonna take the chance....Iran can and never will have nuclear weapons.

You can take that to the bank.

Our only option then is to tactically destroy Iranian facilites that are engaged in the process. Most probably, it would be a neutron bomb, but in all probability that wouldnt be of much use as the Iranians would be in NBC bunkers.
Maybe we will give them a chance to surrender the weapon peacefully to the IAEA and if they dont drop IT on them.
We cant commit troops like Iraq in Iran and plus they are much better than saddams army's were so the nuclear option is the best and safest bet.
Once we show them we mean business, they will come runnin with the weapons or they might sell it to our enemies.
Its bad enough one muslim nation has nukes, two would be horrible.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Frankly I think a nuke would be a lot more likely to find it's way into the hands of terrorists from Pakistan than Iran. Iran, if it gets nukes, is a lot more likely to keep them close at hand as a deterrent to the US and the Israelis.

Iran's Revolutionary Council keeps a pretty tight grip on everything related to national security, and they know very well that if a terrorist nuke goes off in the US, they become target #1, whether there is actual evidence of Iranian involvement or not.

Pakistan, on the other hand, has a weak central government with a precarious hold on power, riddled with Sunni Al Quaeda sympathizers (Pakistan's ISI was the driving force behind the Taliban you know), and they already have the bomb. So where are the calls for a "preemptive" strike on Pakistan?

The Iran hysteria is pure BS, as phony as the alleged "threat" from Saddam.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Frankly I think a nuke would be a lot more likely to find it's way into the hands of terrorists from Pakistan than Iran. Iran, if it gets nukes, is a lot more likely to keep them close at hand as a deterrent. Iran's Revolutionary Council keeps a pretty tight grip on everything related to national security. Pakistan, on the other hand, has a weak central government with a precarious hold on power, riddled with Sunni Al Quaeda sympathizers (Pakistan's ISI was the driving force behind the Taliban you know), and they already have the bomb. So where are the calls for a "preemptive" strike on Pakistan?

The Iran hysteria is pure BS.

You do have a good point about Pakistan.....I trust those POS's as far as I can throw them, but at least their not threatening to "wipe Isreal off the map"

Max

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The Iran hysteria is pure BS, as phony as the alleged "threat" from Saddam.

I agree with that completely

I think some threats are manufactured to satisfy a particular point of view

[edit on 5-12-2005 by alphabetaone]

<<   2  3 >>

join