It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

past life

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I don't have any distinct memories of past lives, but some years back, my husband had come home late & woke me up. Half asleep, I sat up and said "Did the staff bell ring?"
I didn't even remember saying it at the time, and I don't remember if I had a dream just before I said it. He thought this was hilarious (I guess it was
) and he laughs when he reminds me about it. But it made me wonder, why would I says such a thing? Maybe it was a weird dream, but I later read about how wealthy homes in the 1800's had bell systems installed throughout the house that would summon servants when needed. This was the first thing I thought it could be - it seemed to fit.
So perhaps I was a Victorian or Edwardian-era servant a long time ago. Being a stay at home Mom, I occasionally feel like I still am.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Great post.
This sounds awful i know, but i feel compelled to watch anything to do with the Third Reich / Hitler.
I do actually get goose bumps when, for example, i watch the Nuremburg Rally Speeches.
Since ive been small ive had a recurring dream of being sat up on a bed in a prison cell. Someone burst in the room dressed in an Army Uniform and shoots me in the lower stomach, then i wake up.
Putting the two together i have often wondered if perhaps i had a small part to play in WW2.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
According to my theory, past lives are possible - as a soul that dies has free rein to be reborn again... even in alternate quantum dimensions where events happen differently.

However, since the soul is unfettered by time (being the 4th dimensional life-form that it is), it is possible for it to also be different people along a single time-line.

This brings up an interesting paradox that I think might only be explainable through one reason;

Everyone is the same soul, living in different lives as different people, trying out new things, and experiencing life in all its different ways. If this is true, and everyone is one soul, then there is a very good probability that our soul is "The Holy Spirit"...

We could in a very real way be the god we seek.

This reminds me of a sci-fi TV show called "Quantum Leap." In a way it was this show that evoked the thoughts of alternate quantum dimensional life for me, "as you have mentioned above." I came to the conclusion that the only way to find God is to look into your own soul and this would be the soul that we all share.

This sharing soul or some would say "The Holy Spirit"... is participating at a cosmic level of existence that mortal humans can not fathom, a quantum "spiritual" realm where time and space has no meaning.

This alternate quantum dimensional soul would be in a "Unobstructed Universe." Where as our physical dimension and physical bodies live in a "Obstructed Universe." The physical body and our non-physical body are of the same. This quantum mess we are made from is all connected together and made from the same stuff. Therefore.....We all are of one universal soul. God is in us all....... That is my examination.

Since we have a hypothetical form of antimatter. Surely we have a hypothetical form of consciousness. Would it not be hard to believe our universe is constructed by consciousness?

Anyway I had to share some of my thoughts

Back to topic again, Sometimes I feel new to this world, as if I'm repeating my first past life over and over again, Like I must not be learning a lesson from "something" so that I can move on..... I had this feeling since childhood. This would explain why I seem to be natural at several things... Wish I knew what lesson....... It's like Groundhog Day with Bill Murray in it.

I hate to compare TV and movies with real life...... But it is all connected in some weird universal way. Maybe it is the universal mind "The Holy Spirit" or one soul speaking to us all, trying to give us information in some quantum dimensional way.

In religion of dzen it is said:

To study the Universe is to study oneself.
To study oneself is to forget oneself.
To forget oneself is to learn all the rest.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If you want to see your past life memories then try this....

Hold a piece of petrified wood in your hand at concious attempts at past life regression.

I see my past life memories all the time and I like getting them.

Anyone the same?????

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I have to say i am skeptical about past lives myself, as i have a very logical mind. I dont believe in a soul, hence my soul cant have had previous lives. While my girl friend on the other hand is a devout believer of previous lives, and she thinks about one of them all the time. She thinks she used to be married to the host of the old uk "top of the pops" i forget his name at the moment. She believes she is his dead wife. She went to a past life regression session thing, when i first meet her she told me it worked. As i got to know her better she admitted to me that she made up things in the regression and that it didnt work at all. She is looking for a past life reader now.
She asked me what time i felt a strong connection with though, and mine is fuedal japan. Do i believe i was mushashi matsumoto? No. But hey i could of been?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wang, don't worry. Most people who say that they were Kings and famous people are likely just finding somebody who's like them, but was famous. Myself, I believe in past lives, but I was probably just some guy. Not that this is bad - as everyone has a story to tell - but chances are that not everybody could be someone important.

However, there's another theory that would explain it. It could be possible that everyone is the same soul - and that the soul can move through space as well as time. So everyone has been, or will be, everyone else.

Now, you also say you don't believe in a soul. I don't know if this is for scientific reasons, or if it's just your belief structure. If it's scientific reasons, I'd love to have some conversations with you
, if it's because it's just part of your belief structure for reasons you can't explain, then I won't try to force anything on you.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I've had people call me an 'old soul' which I know happens to many folks - I think some of us just vibrate on a lower frequency or something. I often feel like I'm connected to people I've never met, like walking down the street and connecting eyes I can feel like I know that person. Maybe some of you have had this too - sometimes when you meet a new person, you just automatically click like you've known each other all your life. Maybe all your lives is more correct? I know there are many people that seem to just float into my life that become good friends in such quick order that there must be some deeper connection. This could also support the one soul theory.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

Since we have a hypothetical form of antimatter. Surely we have a hypothetical form of consciousness. Would it not be hard to believe our universe is constructed by consciousness?

Interesting thought...

If we are creating our exsistance, then we should be able to conciously change it right? so what if i want to play mars and saturn like marbles...does that mean it can happen?

It would seem odd though, that many many movies that have been released over the decades share eerie similarities to theories we all share..

like XPhiles said, if our universe is a concious thought, then what is to say that we are not all part of some "matrix"

as sad as it is to say...what if we are all dreaming our exsistance, and this life is nothing more than a split second in another exsistance? could we all be etheral spirits somewhere dreaming of a small dirt-ball exsistance?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Don't feel bad about that. If we are creating our own existance, do you know what that means? It means that we're God - and that we created the supra-verse (all possible universes) in order to fully explore life in every possible fashion. I think there's an odd kind of eurphoria to that.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
yes, but unfortunately, people in general have adapted the ego to go with it.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Intresting theory about the one soul, we are all the same.
The reason i dont believe in a soul is mainly because i see no proof of its existence. We do have life, but so do other beings animals, bacteria, etc.
By decarte ghost in the shell theory of the soul, which many people believe in. Animals dont have souls.
People express that emotions are proof of the souls existence, but emotions are just chmeical responses in the brain to certain hormones released by hypothalamus.

The only explanation i could come up with about past lifes is that the brain goes through certain chemical changes in a persons life that resemble the same ones of that of a previous person in a previous life. Memory is a imprint in the brain of a certain stimulas. If the brain receives the right stimulas, clusters of memory in the brain "might" be the same of someone who has lived befor, so the person has the same memory.

All in all i think people attach on to previous lifes to try to escape the world they live in at the moment, if you notice the people who believe in previous lifes, never mention bad previous lifes. They mostly always show a love or a pleasure about thinking about the previous life. A brain self protection fuction, when one cannot accept reality?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
>> Intresting theory about the one soul, we are all the same.

>> All in all i think people attach on to previous lifes to try to escape the world they live in at the moment, if you notice the people who believe in previous lifes, never mention bad previous lifes. They mostly always show a love or a pleasure about thinking about the previous life. A brain self protection fuction, when one cannot accept reality?

First, thank you. It's an idea that I'm surprised hasn't been brought up more.

Anyways, onto the second part, perhaps you are right. It is entirely possible that we just make up these experiences in order to escape our reality. Me, well, I just say I feel a connection to the soldiers of WW2. Does that connection mean I had a past life? Not at all. It's much more likely that I just am infactuated with WW2.

As said by Dr. Cox in the TV series "Scrubs", "Barbra, if you hear hoof-steps, you go ahead and think 'Horsies!'... not 'Zebras!'"

That said - I do find there to be some cases which are actually of interest. Perfect example; I have a friend who lives above me in my appartment. She has an older brother. Apparently, back long ago, barely after her brother had learned to speak, her family were going to eat Indian food. They told him "Now Jason, we're going to having something very special tonight. It's called Indian food. You've never had it before, so I'd like you to try it."

Apparently he then said "No, I had it before. I had it on my boat before I came to you."

Then, like a kid, went right on with being infactuated with a spoon.

It's stories like those that convince me there's something going on with the soul. The first thin you have to do though, is question every story that comes up. I see people here talking about past lives. People that say it definitively, I don't really believe them. But it's when people tell the little stories that I believe - such as the girl who said that apparently she thought the servant's bell was rang. That's a story and an awesome catch!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by wang
>> Intresting theory about the one soul, we are all the same.

>> All in all i think people attach on to previous lifes to try to escape the world they live in at the moment, if you notice the people who believe in previous lifes, never mention bad previous lifes. They mostly always show a love or a pleasure about thinking about the previous life. A brain self protection fuction, when one cannot accept reality?

Something else to remember here is that the vast majority of people who profess to being re-incarnated have always lived in recorded historical times. Does this mean the sceptics are correct and a lot of the subjects debated on these forums such as Atlantis, Giants etc are nonsense or am I missing something?.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i wonder what i was. any ideas on how?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm not to familiar with the whole idea of a past life, but I do know I get strange sensations - like a yearning, to go back in time to when life was much simpler. Whenever I hear of the American pioneers or the first New World explorers I get this really strange feeling that I belong there - that this modern life isn't for me.

I had never put a past life spin on it, I always passed it off as my love for history (I'm a History major) but that does put a much more romantic outlook on it: Conquistadork - founder of the first Spanish colony in the New World!

I like the sound of that!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
www.mindspring.com...

Over soul.

It amazes me that Western people tend to limit transmigration To humans. Ie Reincarnation. While Eastern people Include all of Life.

And even Funnier, True Buddhism teaches the "death" of Self. Yet those who claim "Buddhism" in western society. Focus on "Ego" during their incarnations. And thus seek the opposite of the True Goal of Buddhism. The Ceasing of the "Ego"

en.wikipedia.org...

As for me, I deny "previous existence". Though I do believe in the preexistence of souls" as thought processes. Without the temporal aspect of Body.

There Is a "collective memory" between Humanity. But such a memory entails plurality not singularity. And is not Reincarnation. But a common memory, Common to all mankind. Exp’s Rebellion as in Sin, Knowledge of God, The abandonment of our innocence, The denial of God and the inthronement of Self. Etc.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
oversoul... i heard that term awhile back ago... or at least for me, it was engulfing another object with my mana...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
well so how do you find your past life?!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedeemingSpirit
I often feel like I'm connected to people I've never met, like walking down the street and connecting eyes I can feel like I know that person. Maybe some of you have had this too - sometimes when you meet a new person, you just automatically click like you've known each other all your life. I know there are many people that seem to just float into my life that become good friends in such quick order that there must be some deeper connection.

I have the same thing. This has happened with pretty much all of my friends that I have now. They may be fewer in numbers than with some people, but the friends I do have are close. We just hit it off, which is strange because people in general avoid me, and yet I have a group of such close friends. Odd.
And there have been times when I've made a connection with someone, but not under the circumstances that would allow a friendship to form.

Though, this may just be how these kind of things work. Who's to say it's a 'past life' or anything of the sort? I guess we will never know.

--Kit.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
My fiance and I hit it off, which could just be chemistry and compatibility, but the instant bond was very fast, and very strong. She is a skeptic, and I am a believer, but it works. It was freaky how well we knew each other right away, like good, old friends in a few days.
I believe in reincarnation, but don't know. My belief in souls is more solid.
I feel on some level we are all one soul.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join