It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

360? Call of Duty 2 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hey guys just got my xbox360 yesterday with CoD2. I have to say its one of the best WW2 games I've played to date but I expected that from the call of duty series.Ive fought through the freezing streets of stalingrad in blizzards of blood and snow,I've took on Rommels men, tank to tank under the searing heat of the egyptian sun, watched wave after wave of men meet there end on the beaches of normandy.

Its an emotional game at times, if you dont stop and look around now and again you'll miss something, like the german soldier I had shot, I had though he was dead then I see him crawling along the ground toward his weapon only to end his own life, or when I used sticky bombs to immobilise a german panzer and then watching my fellow soldiers jumping on top of the tank and dispatching the men inside,mercilessly.It all make for a gritty but enjoyable ride, if you like Saving Pvt.Ryan you'll love this game.

So any one else play this game? What do you make of it ?

And most importantly who wants to play on live

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have played Call of Duty 2. I have it for the PC and I must say its a very intense and awesome game. Still haven't finished it though since right now im playing Quake 4, AoE III, Gun and World of Warcraft so I alternate between them when I have some free time to play.

But definately COD2 is awesome and I recommend it to anyone who's a fan of War Based FPS's

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Godammit I wanna play with some of you on live
Whats Gun like I was tempted to buy that, but from what i heard its a bit short and unfortunatly I only had enough for one game with the 360.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merkeva
Godammit I wanna play with some of you on live
Whats Gun like I was tempted to buy that, but from what i heard its a bit short and unfortunatly I only had enough for one game with the 360.

Gun is a good game. It's like Grand Theft Auto in the old west, with cowboys and indians. It's a fun game but like you said a bit short. A good game you might want to consider getting for the 360 is Perfect Dark Zero. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
To be honest im waiting on Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. That game is truly next gen.I played PDZ but its nothing I aint seen before, theres a petition online try to get Rare to release the old golden eye maps for PDZ multiplayer which would be cool though.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I liek the game very much too... Pity that the multiplayer isn't as good as in the "united offensive"

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkeva
To be honest im waiting on Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. That game is truly next gen.

Oblivion.... ahhh I am soooo looking forward to that game. I played Morowind which was the previous installment and I loved it. I was heartbroken when they delayed it till march 06. I had it reserved and paid in full for the PC.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Is a great game, one of the best I have ever played. Bought it on Friday, completed it by Saturday.

Live rocks though, ill play. My Gamertag is,

Zanzibar UK

Add me and I will amaze you with my amazing skills..................

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
here in the states we have a bit of a 360 shortage...
goddamnit
it launched on the 22nd(nov), i preordered in may and in full
and im still waiting
but im glad you euros are enjoying it
i should have it by x-mas and then ill see if you guys wanna play some live

until then you could possibly see me on halo2 as DasIstUnterMir7

-UnterMir

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Oh belive me theres shortages here, I got lucky. I pre-ordered in the summer at HMV, they gave out the consoles according to date of pre-order I was in the first 20 and got a premium so im pretty chuffed.Anways my gamer tag is:
Merkeva (yeh big surprise, I know)

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Having thought the original was pretty good, I bought COD2 for my PC.

It only took me 3 interrupted hours to finish it on the novice/rookie level and I was bitterly disappointed.

Same old problems:

1. Not being allowed to outflank the AI enemy - as you do for real;

2. Sudden barricades that you can't move over;

3. You can't 'roll' over walls, you have to stand fully errect and 'jump' over them;

4. Weapon effects are not realistic:

a. Enemy MG42s rip you apart, but a well placed K98 to the chest, leaves the 'Hun' writhing in agony and still able to kill you - same calibre, different
wpn

b. Enemy grenades thrown into the room you're hiding in, will probably kill you, but is not always the same when you return the compliment.

c. MP44 was selective fire - not in the game, ditto Stg 43.

My overall view of the game was yes, it's fun to play, but I am still annoyed that I had to pay £35 for what I consider a secons rate game.

top topics

join