It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten US Marines Killed, Eleven Others Injured in Falluja

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ten US Marines were killed and eleven wounded in a roadside bomb blast in Falluja. The soldiers, from the 2nd Marine Division, were on a foot patrol doing counter-insurgency operations in the Al-Anbar Province when the device exploded. This brings the total of US dead in Iraq to 2,120.

news.bbc.co.uk
Ten US marines were killed and 11 wounded by a roadside bomb outside the central Iraqi town of Falluja on Thursday, the US military has said.
The soldiers from the 2nd Marine Division were conducting a foot patrol when a bomb exploded.

The Pentagon says nearly 16,000 US troops have been wounded in combat since 2003.

US officers have repeatedly warned that the number of attacks carried out by insurgents in Iraq would increase in the run-up to elections on 15 December.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Another day in Iraq brings more deaths for the coalition forces stationed there. This is one of the worst single incidents to date for the US forces.

I am quite concerned though that the official line is that bombings and attacks are at an all time low, yet more and more attacks are taking place. Not only on Military targets, but soft civilian targets as well.

If the official line was the truth, which I doubt from what is coming out of Iraq, then surely events such as these would not be reported as often as they are?

I think though that this attack has such a high casualty count because the soldiers were on foot patrol. Most other attacks seem to hit armoured vehicles, which lessen the impact on the soldiers involved.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 2/12/05 by stumason]

[edit on 8-12-2005 by asala]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Looking at this graph, I dount the official line myself:

It clearly shows that the numbers of US deaths, month by month, is not at an all time low.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The graph does not show the month of November, which is the month that has had the fewest suicide bombings. Please, let's try to get the facts straight.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The U.S. military said Thursday that suicide bombings fell in November to their lowest level in seven months after joint U.S.-Iraqi operations west of the capital.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2005/12/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Fair enough Grady, suicide bombings may be down, but attacks certainly aren't. Nice way to polish up the figures there (not you, them)

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
51 views and still a submission? Do people vote anymore? Would have thought this would have either been upgraded or downgraded by now.

I smell a conspiracy!

Bad news swept under the rug..nothing to see here...move along...

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ten Marines die in Iraq and it means nothing more to the submitter than an opportunity to distort the facts for a political plug. That alone makes this story unworthy. We're in a war and every incident doesn't require special attention, especially when such attention is so flagrantly exploitative.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
stumason, do you have a link to that graph?

Speaking for myself, the reason I don't often respond to news stories of this sort is that it simply hurts too much to focus on it. When I heard this story, seeing that it was marines, it just reminds me of too much stuff that I don't like to think about.

It's an aversion to this war and its likeness to Vietnam that touch me personally. When I think of what those people are actually going through, the ones who didn't die, the ones who saw their buddies blown apart and will come home and live with that the rest of their lives... It just makes it all too real to me.

This is real.

But it's good for me to think about it now and then. Keeps my position strong.

new topics

top topics

join