It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld: Don’t call Iraqi enemy ‘insurgents’!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I really don't care that much if they are called Insurgents, or Terrorists, pick whichever one you want to use. However, calling them freedom fighters I would have a problem with, because its’ just moronic.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
I think these folks fit "terroists" much more as obviously...

Wonder why Rummy didn't go with that, then?

Next week, I expect them to switch from Enemies... (ETLIGs) to ROUSs (Retaliators of Unusual Size)

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I think these folks fit "terroists" much more as obviously...

Wonder why Rummy didn't go with that, then?

Next week, I expect them to switch from Enemies... (ETLIGs) to ROUSs (Retaliators of Unusual Size)

(shrugs) You have people who target military and civilians at the same time. Guess we could call them insurists.

[edit on 1-12-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
terrorists>insurgents>enemies of the legitimate goverment of iraq>bad guys

Today 14 bad guys shot up the local meeting hall, the bad guys were neutralized by the supporters of the legitimate goverment of Iraq and were ultimately dispatched and carted away by the new Iraqi Transportation Department for the Liberated People of Iraq or (ITDLPI)

In other news....

Donald Rumsfield said today that a lone bad guy blew up his car while attempting a VBIED at an Iraqi check point, no details as to how many good guys were there but apparently there was no sign of apparent damage due to the recent spat of similar incidents at the same check point.

This just in

the DR has said there is no more "Bad Guys" in Iraq and coined the new term 'disgruntled non-resident illegal aliens of Iraq' as being to blame for the recent rash of vehicle to vehicle shooting in downtown Baghdad. No news of the number of injuries, but local donkey cart driver Aheime Aklabor Smith said his cart has been quite heavy the last few days and its just good to have some time to take a tea break....

Media.... you have to love them

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I think these folks fit "terroists" much more as obviously civilians are also targets. If they exclusively targetted the coaliition military or Iraqi military, then I could buy into the title "Insurgent".

What about Sunni Death Squads - they perform a Profil of a Terrorist:

- they kidnap people
- they kill innocent civilans
- they torture and abuse prisoners

...just to Name a Few.
So - why are they not "TERR-ISTS"?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join