It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best quotes from Buffy,TVPS!:)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
MY faves:
>Buffy: "So lemme get this straight. You're..." (in his accent) "Dracula." (own voice) "The guy, the count."
Dracula: "I am."
Buffy: "And you're sure this isn't just some fanboy thing? Cause... I've fought more than a couple of pimply overweight vamps that called themselves Lestat."- from 5.1 "Buffy V. Dracula"

SPIKE: (crouched on the floor) The thing is...I had a speech. I learned it all. Oh, God. She won't understand, she won't understand.

MORPHING EVIL THING (as WARREN): Of course she won't understand, Sparky. I'm beyond her understanding. She's a girl. Sugar and spice and everything...useless unless you're baking. I'm more than that. More than flesh...

MORPHING EVIL THING (as GLORY):..more than blood. I'm... you know, I honestly don't think there's a human word fabulous enough for me. Oh, my name will be on everyone's lips, assuming their lips haven't been torn off. But not just yet. That's alright, though...

MORPHING EVIL THING (as ADAM): ...I can be patient. Everything is well within parameters. She's exactly where I want her to be. And so are you, Number 17. You're right where you belong.

MORPHING EVIL THING (as THE MAYOR): So what'd you think? You'd get your soul back and everything'd be Jim Dandy? Soul's slipperier than a greased weasel. Why do you think I sold mine? (laughs) Well, you probably thought that you'd be your own man, and I respect that, but...

MORPHING EVIL THING (as DRUSILLA): ...you never will. You'll always be mine. You'll always be in the dark with me, singing our little songs. You like our little songs, don't you? You've always liked them, right from the beginning. And that's where we're going...

MORPHING EVIL THING (as THE MASTER): ...right back to the beginning. Not the Bang... not the Word... the true beginning. The next few months are going to be quite a ride. And I think we're all going to learn something about ourselves in the process. You'll learn you're a pathetic schmuck, if it hasn't sunk in already. Look at you. Trying to do what's right, just like her. You still don't get it. It's not about right, not about wrong...

MORPHING EVIL THING (as BUFFY): ...it's about power. 7.1 "Lessons"

Faith (Buffy): "Oh, oh! When I had psyhic power, I heard my mom think that you were like a stevedore during sex. Wh--?" (off his look) "Do you want me to continue?"
Giles: "Actually, I beg you to stop."
Faith (Buffy): "What's a stevedore?" -"Who Are You?"

Here's the sites: one and two.

I have more, but I wanna hear which ones are your faves.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I love the Musical episode...Especially the "I have a theory" song, and to narrow it down even further, the part where Anya is singing about bunnies. That episode was pure genius!!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We have all Buffys and Angels on DVD and the soundtrack from "Once More with Feeling"..

It would be impossible to pick a favorite line or even ten, but "Once more with Feeling" was by far the greatest episode of all! I LOVE it! And yes, Anya and her rockin' tune about bunnies was too good!

"And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for, anyway"?

And Spike's song... "Let me Rest in Peace" Oh man! I love Spoike!

[edit on 5-12-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yup...Spike was the BEST!!! That show had such great writing...Call me sick, but one of my favority all time scenes was when Willow goes bad and hunts down one of the Triumvirate and has him pinned against a tree and then says:
"Bored now" and rips his skin off!!

CLASSIC!!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufochaser
Yup...Spike was the BEST!!! That show had such great writing...Call me sick, but one of my favority all time scenes was when Willow goes bad and hunts down one of the Triumvirate and has him pinned against a tree and then says:
"Bored now" and rips his skin off!!

CLASSIC!!

Okay, your sick.lol, But yeah, I love Spike(James Masters).

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I was going more for the non-chalantneess of her saying "Bored now" than the actual ripping.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You think your twisted, wait until you read BSB Slash fanfics. The ones with wiccas and the whole romance-stalker-murder ones are so messed up.LOL. I've only read the begginning of one novella and I was like WTF? I still don't get the whole shrinking your soul to the size of a molecule. And then to top it off Nick Carter told Blender Magazine like a month ago that he has a whole closet full of Oujia boards.
:O:w:

But as far as Buffy goes, it's my fave Sci-fi/fantasy soap since "Andromeda"!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Man, it's hard to pick just one... I'll list my favorite 2...

"That's IT! I'm done being everybody's butt-monkey!" Xander, from 'Buffy Vs. Dracula' 5.1.

Giles: Yes, it's terribly simple. The good guys are always stalwart and true, the bad guys are easily distinguished by their pointy horns or black hats, and we always defeat them and save the day. No one ever dies, and everybody lives happily ever after.
Buffy: Liar.
- from the episode 'Lie to Me', 2.7

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
LOL
I love that! Guess who has a computer in her room like a "proper Geek"? Me-duh! But Buffy is like "Friends", it was very well written and people will beg for their kids to watch it. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! And LPNTnBS!
:w:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Necroposting to this quotes thread, Badge said:

One of my favorite quotes is in 'Primeval':

Uber-Buffy, enhanced by Giles' and Willow's spell intones the following power spell in Ancient Sumerian.

Sumerian Spell:
Sha mi in dann,
Gesh tuun mi en den,
Zeh mi en den,
O kush ta mi u la,
Baptuum ma duen

My translation (so far):

. Sha mi in dann,

Sha (the Sun god) empower (me/the speaker) or Sun god, and wind (god)

Strong - DANNUM
====
me — (MAY). A Sumerian word for great supernatural power, similar to mana. Since this was translated by ear, the actual word is probably me.
Since im, (not in) means 'wind' the spelling might be off.

. Gesh tuun mi en den,

Gesh (another Sumerian god), power up (me/the speaker)

Geshtinanna — (gesh-tee-NAH-na). Sister of Dumuzi and friend of Inanna.
TuuN sometimes means 'Temple'. Sumer, like any lang. is complex, so it depends a lot on period and context.

. Zeh mi en den,

Zeh actually means 'Goat kid'. Maybe a horned Animus?

Earth / Animus spirit, charge (me)

. O kush ta mi u la,

My tribe, fail me not
The whole (of) Arabia was commonly designed under the generic name of "Kush"
la = not

. Baptuum ma duen

Bathe my aura in power

Obviously, it could be some gibberish or 'babel-fish' Sumer. I've looked around and intuited various Sumer cuneiform translations, so I guess you could say most of the above is a total WAG.

Still, fun. (maybe someone will read this and offer a better one.). I seem to recall a translation being attempted back in the day, but many Buffy sites have dropped off the Net.

In some ways it reminds me of the spell in 'The Fifth Element'
Earth, Wind, Air, Fire.

Why bring the topic back? There's still some talk of a Buffy Movie. They discussed it briefly at Paleyfest in 2008.

Quotes, Sources:
www.thagodz.com...
www.imninalu.net...
en.wikiquote.org...
www.supplycrawler.com...
users.cwnet.com...
www.rosettaproject.org...
ATS Post by Byrd:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Moar ATS with links to Sumerian sites.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

Sumerian mythology:
www.nationmaster.com...

Brief Sumerian Dictionary:
www.ping.de...

[edit on 1/18/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Spike-
" Passions is on!"

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Amanda: What the hell are you talking about? I thought Faith killed a volcanologist.
Andrew: (chuckles) Silly, silly ... Amanda. Why would Faith kill a person who studies Vulcans?
Amanda: He studied volcanoes.

From episode 140, Dirty Girls. I loved the Trio, until they killed Tara. Her and Willow were my favorites in the later seasons. Buffy, meh, Willow and Oz were always mine! Oz has that great hair.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ok, some of my favorites:

From season 4 gem of amara:

SPIKE: Innit a fantastic day? Birds singing, squirrels making lots of rotten little squirrels. Sun beaming down in a nice, non-fatal way. It's very exciting. I can't wait to see if I freckle.

(Buffy grabs her stake and jumps up. Scuffle. She stakes him, but nothing happens.)

SPIKE: Oh, do it again. It tickels. You know, in a good way.

(Buffy withdraws the stake and he heals)

SPIKE: The gem of amara.

(He holds up his hand, then backhands her whereupon she hits the ground again.)

SPIKE: Official sponsor, of my killing you

I also liked the dialogue from Smashed when spike attacks buffy and the end up in the house with it falling down on them.

Spike: "I am in love with you"

Buffy:" No, your in love with pain. you like it when I beat you! So who's messed up here? "

Spike: "Hello? Vampire! *hits buffy* Im supposed to be walking on the darkside! What's your excuse!"

Season 4: Thanksgiving episode

Spike: "I dont know why you people whine so much, you won. you decimated their culture, thats what conquering nations do. you didnt hear julius caesar saying, "I came, I conquered, I felt really bad about it!"

And of course faith's "5 by 5" is always a fav.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
lol!!So many words!Can't remember clearly where does it come out.

edited out spam

[edit on 3/2/09 by masqua]

top topics

join